* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by outkast9984

so Amare is going to go to new york and just have his career rot? they arent a playoff team with him and scrubs so they better get another guy who can create....
Since Amare fills Lee's spot, there's some rumors that SA would trade Parker to NY for Lee in a S&T.

Lee at PF, Duncan at C.... Lee could kind of learn the ropes under Duncan (not that he really needs to learn a whole lot, already a 20-10 player).

Amare Stoudemire/Tony Parker/Danillo Gallinari IS a playoff team in the Eastern Conference. Probably a 6 or 7 seed.

Actually it's being reported Amare is still going to visit the Bulls and Nets. After he meets with NY on Monday.

2010 NBA Draft Introduction... for anyone that cares. Just uploaded this, I thought it was pretty
8c336d3919038cb35eafea494dd5b73bafd40646_r.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

so Amare is going to go to new york and just have his career rot? they arent a playoff team with him and scrubs so they better get another guy who can create....
Since Amare fills Lee's spot, there's some rumors that SA would trade Parker to NY for Lee in a S&T.

Lee at PF, Duncan at C.... Lee could kind of learn the ropes under Duncan (not that he really needs to learn a whole lot, already a 20-10 player).

Amare Stoudemire/Tony Parker/Danillo Gallinari IS a playoff team in the Eastern Conference. Probably a 6 or 7 seed.
Nah dude, gallo !!#+*+! sucks

pales in comparison to all-time greats such as mo williams or joakim noah

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Yup, that's why I think Dirk still has plenty of opportunities left to get a ring legitimately. He's got 4 years with the Mavs as their #1 option and I honestly don't see him hitting a huge decline in his skills. By the end of his deal w/ Dallas, he'll be 35 and I can see him still averaging at least 18 ppg. Then if they fail and he still doesn't have a ring, I can see him just signing w/ whatever team would give him the best chance to win (LeBron, Durant, Tyreke and Cousins, etc.) and be the 3rd option for 2 years to try to get that ring in one last push.
So keep trying for 4 years in Dallas and if they fail then become a ring chaser.
Keep worrying about winning a ring with Amare and Tony Parker and Carmelo who's going to sign an extension with the Nuggets.
roll.gif

Plus, I don't even know if that would be enough to take down someone like the Magic, or the Lakers. If Chauncey, Melo, and that team from two years ago couldn't beat the Lakers, I don't think Amare and TP could. That's a sign of disaster when you have those two playing defense too. Melo under D'Antoni? EHHHH. Good thing New York ain't getting no one..
roll.gif

Mark Cuban has been a failure? Wow.. He has busted his balls to get the Mavs into contention. Whether it was getting Dirk, Nash, and Finley the pieces they needed, drafting Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, and Devin Harris. Our coaches haven't been the best, but we're winning. 10 straight seasons of 50+ wins. Don Nelson is overrated quite frankly, and Avery wasn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He's no Phil or Pat or Greg Pop, but he's a mid-tier coach. I'm sorry but Rick Carlisle is a really good coach, and a great coach to be mentored by. Donnie Nelson has got it done as long as he's been here. Every time we had an off-season obstacle, it's been tackled. We got Jamison/Walker in hopes to boost our talent level, we exchanged Jamison for Harris essentially, we've drafted relatively well, we got Jason Kidd to help run things in Big D, got great defenders and good players to have on your team like Caron and Marion, and our centers have always been underrated. Sure they can't produce for crap on the offensive end, but we've rarely struggled on offense. It's just a versatility we've been missing, but Dampier, Diop, and Haywood are no slouch on defense.

I don't get the logic Zik. We've constantly made changes, we've handed out a few bad contracts, but it's all turned out fine in the end. We don't have a ring to show for it (although even many non-Dallas fans will dispute the 06 Finals), but if rings/wins are anything to say about an owner/franchise, what about the other 24 teams in the L that haven't won a ring in the past decade? The Knicks? Keep trashing teams all you want, but the Knicks have been the worst/one of the worst of the entire decade. It's a shame that if you don't have a ring, or aren't contending every year, people act like you don't matter. Franchies like Dallas, Houston, Denver, Atlanta, and Phoenix people throw to the side just because they don't have a ring.

There are only so many Kobes, only so many Tim Duncans to go around, not every team can have one.

What do I think of Dirk taking less? I applaud him. I also have faith that our FO will make another move to make us better. Who? I don't know. If it's JJ, well, I'll live /w it, I won't like it, but I'll live with it. I'd personally rather see us go for a Danny Granger, or a David Lee, or a Ronnie Brewer/JJ Redick type combination. First things first, lock up Haywood. Maybe contact Brad Miller too.

And Noble, I've never once stated one bad thing about Kobe. When people ask, I always put him ahead of LeBron, still. Kobe HAS IT. Pau I'm iffy on, Fisher is a stud but he flops too damn much, I just don't like the fans (mostly who I know, not yall online, but some of yall are damn annoying too.
laugh.gif
, and I'm not talking about you don't worry). I was just as excited when there were rumors of Kobe potentially going to Chicago back in the day (4 years ago) too. In the end, I want to see players get an opporunity to win, and given the set of circumstances right now, I think LeBron's best choice is Chicago. Kobe's best choice was Chicago a while back too (before Mitch stole Pau from Memphis
laugh.gif
), and I wanted him to leave. I was stoked with the big three got together. I wasn't stoked for the Spurs because THAT is a team I hate. I had a prefernce for the Lakers to lose this year, but last year I was all for the Lakers beating the Magic.

Originally Posted by JPZx

im sure thats not what knicks fans want....lets just say amare and lee are basically a scratch...i dont think tony parker takes them over the top.....i would consider this off season a bust if this happened....

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^You working in the media makes perfect sense. You're going to fit right in.
laugh.gif
I'm just telling jokes..they actually publish that type of $+%@ or say it on national tv

these ESPN dudes sat around guffawing and slapping *%* talking about the Knicks had nothing..$+%@ was ridiculous and
roll.gif
at the same time

Yo JA21, you probably read my post on the Mavs/Dirk situation. What do you think? (Mavs future outlook/West isn't getting better)

My one statement generated all that? I won't believe that
roll.gif

Just throwing a bunch of rollin smileys talking about the Knicks chances.

This is my logic. The Mavs are never going to win a championship. They could be any seed. Cuban just won't be able to get the right players at the right time. Any FA especially the very good/great ones on a team that consistently goes to the playoff and lose need to reevaluate what they're doing in the middle of their career. Dirk isn't in the middle as much as he use to be. So like KG it should be time to jump ship if only for a fresh start on a team that's just as much about winning if not more as his previous team. You get a realistic chance while you're still young enough that your skills haven't deteriorated. Dirk's not promised another 5-7 years in the league. It makes much more sense to team up with a Wade or LeBron on another team especially since he was willing to take less money rather than sticking around on the Mavs for the duration of your career and then when you're 37 go ring chasing.

I'm saying this as a fan of Dirk. I've already this has nothing to do with me being a Knick fan or wanting him to come to the Knicks.

Of course ppl are going to throw other teams aside when the topic is about the chance of winning championships on certain teams with the right players. I mean if you just talking about going out nightly and entertaining the crowd w/e.

This is my logic. The Mavs are never going to win a championship. They could be any seed. Cuban just won't be able to get the right players at the right time.
So Mark Cuban will never win an NBA championship as the owner of the Mavs? That seems like an awfully ridiculous conclusion to draw...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Yo JA21, you probably read my post on the Mavs/Dirk situation. What do you think? (Mavs future outlook/West isn't getting better)
Well, Phoenix is going to suffer next year without Amare. LAL will be on top. Utah, Denver and Portland are the real question marks. How will Utah adjust to life without Carlos Boozer? When he was out they would excel at times, but a full season without him? No Ronnie Brewer? Will Hayward work? Denver still has a lot of good talent on that team, but Kenyon is hurt, and they need one or two more pieces if they want to make it all the way to the end of the season. Despite that, I really like what they have on that team, and I still think they can try and tackle the Lakers again. OKC needs a big. Can they get it? We'll see. If they can, a GOOD Center, they can jump up real quick.

Portland is probably the scariest of the bunch. Brandon Roy is only going to get better. If Oden shows any kind of improvement, watch out. These cats fought real damn hard with JUWAN FRICKING HOWARD logging heavy minutes. Bayless had a bit of a coming out party @ the tail end of the year, and that's only going to get better.

Houston is another team that can get up there. They always play well. If Yao is healthy, and they get healthy, they can be scary. BUT. I still don't think they have enough pieces to get it done. Can Brooks take over in the fourth quarter and have a superstar mentality? For a few games, maybe, but in the Playoffs? I don't know..

Memphis I have no clue about. They had a stretch last year where they looked REALLY good. The rest of the teams I'm iffy on.

The Spurs are an incomplete. I don't know what to think. They're going to sign SOMEONE. Will they move Parker? Is it time for George Hill to take the reigns? Who will they sign? We'll have to wait and see, but it seems like we can never really write these bastards off.

The Mavs? They'll continue to play well. They'll continue to make moves to try and stay competitve. I'm not sure how we'll do next year in the post-season. You brougt up a good point in that the Mavericks haven't had a full training camp with Haywood and Caron Butler. I always think it's REALLY important. There hasn't been a team that made a mid-season trade and ended up winning a championship in a really long time I believe, definitely not the past decade (did Sheed come in the middle of 04?
nerd.gif
).

The off-season still needs a lot of pieces to fall. Yeah we have huge pieces like LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, but I think the more important guys are David Lee, Ronnie Brewer, JJ Redick, guys like that who can help significantly.

Originally Posted by DubA169

nobody gives a +%@+ how many regular season wins the mavericks have.
Any nobody gives a damn about the New York Knickerbocks.

PERIOD. Enjoy D'Antoni, enjoy your system, enjoy maybe sniffing the Playoffs for the first time in like 50 years.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

PERIOD. Enjoy D'Antoni, enjoy your system, enjoy maybe sniffing the Playoffs for the first time in like 50 years.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Master Zik wrote:
This is my logic. The Mavs are never going to win a championship. They could be any seed. Cuban just won't be able to get the right players at the right time.
So Mark Cuban will never win an NBA championship as the owner of the Mavs? That seems like an awfully ridiculous conclusion to draw...

Not in the near future. I'll check again in 6-8 years.

My one statement generated all that? I won't believe that
roll.gif

Just throwing a bunch of rollin smileys talking about the Knicks chances.

This is my logic. The Mavs are never going to win a championship. They could be any seed. Cuban just won't be able to get the right players at the right time. Any FA especially the very good/great ones on a team that consistently goes to the playoff and lose need to reevaluate what they're doing in the middle of their career. Dirk isn't in the middle as much as he use to be. So like KG it should be time to jump ship if only for a fresh start on a team that's just as much about winning if not more as his previous team. You get a realistic chance while you're still young enough that your skills haven't deteriorated. Dirk's not promised another 5-7 years in the league. It makes much more sense to team up with a Wade or LeBron on another team especially since he was willing to take less money rather than sticking around on the Mavs for the duration of your career and then when you're 37 go ring chasing.

I'm saying this as a fan of Dirk. I've already this has nothing to do with me being a Knick fan or wanting him to come to the Knicks.

Of course ppl are going to throw other teams aside when the topic is about the chance of winning championships on certain teams with the right players. I mean if you just talking about going out nightly and entertaining the crowd w/e.
Show some evidence of the Knicks making a good move. And don't give me clearing cap room as a good move. Talk about marketing all you want, when have the Knicks made a good BASKETBALL decision? You can hype Danilo all you want, but if EG, Brook Lopez, or even Anthony Randolph were up in NYK, there'd be a lot more reason for a star to head to NYK. NO ONE IS LINING UP TO PLAY WITH DANILO "The Rooster" GALLINARI.

So is Karl Malone a waste because he only decided to chase for a ring the last year of his career? John Stockton is a fool for never chasing a ring? There are some guys who just don't want to chase rings, and they are the face of the franchise. Dirk is that. You think Dallas Mavericks, you think Dirk Nowitzki.  Dirk's smelled it before, it was at his fingertips, but it slipped away. You're talking about Cuban like he's never gotten to the Playoffs, and never made it deep. Does the Western Conference Champion not count for anything? Numerous trips to the WCF?

As I stated, it's sad that so many people set the precedent if you don't go chasing after a ring like so many players do, you're wasting your career, you're stupid.

Dirk's ring would mean 100 times more to him if he won it in Dallas than if he did riding the coattails of a LeBron or Wade.

JA, Sheed in 04 from the Hawks. Pistons won that year.

Good points. Houston is the team I'm really looking out for. I'm high on Daryl Morey (not just b/c he's a Northwestern guy either
laugh.gif
) He's been a driving force in the statistical revolution in the NBA (directs a conference at MIT every year and if you read that Michael Lewis piece on Battier from last year, you know how deep he is into it) and he has a lot of pieces at every position plus he has a bunch of picks too. He played this FA situation really well.

Show some evidence of the Knicks making a good move. And don't give meclearing cap room as a good move. Talk about marketing all you want,when have the Knicks made a good BASKETBALL decision? You can hypeDanilo all you want, but if EG, Brook Lopez, or even Anthony Randolphwere up in NYK, there'd be a lot more reason for a star to head to NYK.NO ONE IS LINING UP TO PLAY WITH DANILO "The Rooster" GALLINARI.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

knicks- two championships
Dallas-zero

last 20 years
 knicks-two finals appearances
 Dallas- one

even your choke jobs are much worse than ours. 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom