OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

Originally Posted by s dubl

%%!* %%!* %%!* DVR
smh.gif

it stopped recording it at like 2 mins to go
mad.gif
Im sooooooo pissed right now. Glad we got the W, but I wanted to see the game all the way through %%!*

%%!*

smh.gif

damn it!!!   
mad.gif

Damn that sucks!!! I would be
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
trust me...I am. The remote even flew across the room.

mad.gif

My kids are nuts about the foot locker Kobe commercial on tv quite often right now.  So after the game, we are at the local mall just chilling. Decide to swing into foot locker and check out the kids kobe V.  My sons wear lots of the retro jordans, dunks, LT trainers, nike indoor soccer shoes, etc... lots of different Nike stuff.  Most of it is pretty decent quality - obviously not the same quality as adult footwear, but decent.  I didn't expect the Kobes to be like the adult releases so far, but I must say they were a disappointment.  The leather was beyond cheap, the "attempt" at mimicking flywire, and the attempt at the heel and rearfoot area recreation was awful.  I mean, as i said, I don't think they will be anything near their adult counterparts, but given the 60-95 dollar pricetag, you would expect something better than "average" or what you would find at kohl's, walmart, target, etc...  Anyways, we left a bit disappointed, but not without a new pair of CP3s - which for 60 bucks were much nicer and much more detailed than the similarly priced Kobes.  Just an observation.  While Jordan seems to have slipped quality wise over the years, their kids footwear to me seems head and shoulders better than most of the other basketball stuff in the Nike Family.  Any other takes would be gladly appreciated. 

just got the chaos at footlocker beverly center they got some sizes left.. i should of bought 2 cuz i wore it after and its kinda dirty but damn they are very nice. also they had the BL's in the front of the store sealed up, but it looks very good in person. all the kobe's look better in person than in HD pics. lol

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

My kids are nuts about the foot locker Kobe commercial on tv quite often right now.  So after the game, we are at the local mall just chilling. Decide to swing into foot locker and check out the kids kobe V.  My sons wear lots of the retro jordans, dunks, LT trainers, nike indoor soccer shoes, etc... lots of different Nike stuff.  Most of it is pretty decent quality - obviously not the same quality as adult footwear, but decent.  I didn't expect the Kobes to be like the adult releases so far, but I must say they were a disappointment.  The leather was beyond cheap, the "attempt" at mimicking flywire, and the attempt at the heel and rearfoot area recreation was awful.  I mean, as i said, I don't think they will be anything near their adult counterparts, but given the 60-95 dollar pricetag, you would expect something better than "average" or what you would find at kohl's, walmart, target, etc...  Anyways, we left a bit disappointed, but not without a new pair of CP3s - which for 60 bucks were much nicer and much more detailed than the similarly priced Kobes.  Just an observation.  While Jordan seems to have slipped quality wise over the years, their kids footwear to me seems head and shoulders better than most of the other basketball stuff in the Nike Family.  Any other takes would be gladly appreciated. 
I have to disagree. I got my 2 sons ( 1 month old and 6) a pair and the quality is good. If you look at most kids shoes compared to the mens sizes its a huge difference in looks alone. These Kobe's remind me of when I was a kid getting jordans and the look like the same shoe the man himself was wearing.

RMKstore has a bunch of sizes for the DK's, but they are above retail. I'd say they are still reasonable prices compared to Ebay. They're also taking pre-orders for the BL's but for $200! Not sure how much they charge for shipping though.

DLee- I am glad you got some good quality stuff.  My sons are 7 and 5, and my Seven year old wears a size 2.  I guess more specifically what was odd to me was that the colors and the "shine" that exist on the GR aways in Mens was really lacking in these.  I think that they looked relatively similar, but what makes the Kobes so impressive to me aside from the technical aspects and the lightweight attributes, are the colors that pop, and the nice contrast in fabrics, and texture.  That does not exist as far as I could tell with the kids, and they end up just looking kinda "cheap" versus some of their Jordan brand counterparts.  Again, maybe I was expecting too much, and maybe thats just how it is, but I was kinda hoping for better. I might see what the white/red/blacks look like once they come out.

Can someone post pics of their Vs after a few wears of basketball? I would like to buy a pair to ball in and i heard this shoe has minimized creasing. I would also like to know if the shoe still retains its form after a few wears. Thanks.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

Originally Posted by s dubl

Anyone else find it nice that Kobe's been stickin with GRs up to this point?

I like to see PEs and all...but its also cool to see what he's rocking and basically be able to go to your local Foot Locker and pick up the same shoe he has on.

call me ol' skool, but that's the way it should be
That was the major problem with the Kobe 1. All the amazing colorways were PEs and Kobe RARELY wore the ZK1 GR colors on court.

All the ZKV's in the pics are GR. Those are not the Dukes or Rice Aways.

HOH LA still has Dark Knights in sizes 7.5, 13.5, 14, 15 if anyone is interested.
And many assorted sizes in the Chaos as others have stated.

any solid word on how and where the BL's will release? is it just hoh? is it hoh and nt's? does anyone know? lol

Originally Posted by ajbishop

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

Love my aways, look way better in person.

I agree, especially the purple on the forefoot area.  It really stands out.
One of my favorite features (looks wise) of the shoe. It was the 1st thing I noticed about it in person.

Should be picking up my pair this week.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

any solid word on how and where the BL's will release? is it just hoh? is it hoh and nt's? does anyone know? lol

NTNY said they might get them depending on how the DK's did.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

^ i think that's bs and they should get and release them regardless lol.
It's is bs.  I get the feeling that they will get them.  But you know it's been so much better not having to go to crappy hoh for the shoes this year.  They are the worst.

Talked to a rep the other day, and Bruce Lees will not be at any Niketowns except for a possible NTLA release.

I wore my aways tonight at basketball. The forefoot felt a little weird to me but overall I thought they had good support and decent traction. I ended up switching to my HyperDunks before the real playing began. My forefoot was bothering me a bit in them still and I didn't want them getting messed up lol. I did a few game speed moves in them while I was warming up. These things just need the dust wiped off the bottom and I could return them to the store as brand new and nobody would know. These DON'T crease no matter what. BEST nike shoes ever made lol............Well prob not, but it's got to be in the top 25 for sure of all time.

Back
Top Bottom