Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Jaric's contract
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Eh, still not sold on Brand....

For 85-90m, I think we could get a few pieces to help instead of just one....and coming of injury as well.

I'm sure he'll be ok, but for the Warriors it may not be worth the risk like some younger players would be.

i see what you mean-josh smith is probably much more worth it. he's young, plays defense and he seems perfect to fit into our team.
brand, while a bit older, also gives us a legit big man and definitely our best big man in a long %%% time. the problem is though-he is old and the injuryproblems are still around. whenever you can add a top 5 PF in the game when healthy, it's never a bad idea, if he stays healthy. a brand/biedrinsfrontline-no one can say we have no "interior presence" anymore.
but yeah, i think josh smith might be a better investment for the future, if we so choose-but i dunno, maybe Mullin thinks he'll be matched no matterwhat....but this is a pretty good problem to have. i like that mullin is making some noise in free agency, if anything. this is making our offseasonexciting.
pimp.gif

I wouldn't mind Brand... and at the same time, I don't mind if we don't get him either.

Our 2008-2009 season's projected line up (assuming Monta and Andris will be extended) would be...

PG: Monta
SG: S-Jax
SF: Randolph
PF: Wright
C: Biedrins

-- or maybe --

SG: Belinelli
SF: S-Jax

Now if we go after Brand, we'd insert him at PF, and then that moves Wright to SF and S-Jax to SG or we move Wright to the bench and still keep Marco atthe SG and S-Jax at the SF spot, it wouldn't sound bad, but then again, if we can get Josh Smith, that would sound way better with J-Smoove at the 3 withS-Jax at SG and Wright at PF. A group of young players that can mature together
pimp.gif

Now I understand we still have to find out if we can re-sign Azubuike, find a back up SG, and fill other numerous holes. That has yet to be seen and I think wecan do that.

BTW, we still have Watson under contract right?

I wonder how Wright and especially Belinelli will perform if they get big minutes next year. All Belinelli got last year was garbage with the crowd yelling forhim chuck up every time he touched the ball.
laugh.gif

I could care less if we get Brand or not. It'd be nice, but it'd also be nice to see the young guns play.

Just a few years ago, I'd say young guys and know they are a 5+ years older than me, now they are the same age as me. Time flies...

hmm i swore i read somewhere that Watson was an RFA with limited salary protection. dude has that big ol' head like baron though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I wouldn't mind Brand... and at the same time, I don't mind if we don't get him either.

Our 2008-2009 season's projected line up (assuming Monta and Andris will be extended) would be...

SG: S-Jax
SF: Randolph

-- or maybe --

SG: Belinelli
SF: S-Jax

Now if we go after Brand, we'd insert him at PF, and then that moves Wright to SF and S-Jax to SG or we move Wright to the bench and still keep Marco at the SG and S-Jax at the SF spot, it wouldn't sound bad, but then again, if we can get Josh Smith, that would sound way better with J-Smoove at the 3 with S-Jax at SG and Wright at PF. A group of young players that can mature together
pimp.gif

Now I understand we still have to find out if we can re-sign Azubuike, find a back up SG, and fill other numerous holes. That has yet to be seen and I think we can do that.

BTW, we still have Watson under contract right?

Did you forget that Al Harrington is on the Warriors?

I wouldn't move Azabuike, I'd want him back actually. In fact, I hope we sign him and soon.

Pietrus? Don't get me started on that bum.

If Pietrus puts his mind to contributing every single night, then yea, it'll be nice to sign him. However, that's not going to happen...

Originally Posted by Andrew630

I wouldn't move Azabuike, I'd want him back actually. In fact, I hope we sign him and soon.

Pietrus? Don't get me started on that bum.

If Pietrus puts his mind to contributing every single night, then yea, it'll be nice to sign him. However, that's not going to happen...

Pietrus putting his mind to something... you're kidding right?
laugh.gif

This is all pretty crazy, I wouldn't mind seeing Brand on this team. He would bring defense and our frontcourt would be legit. We would still need a solidPG though. I also like the idea of going after Josh Smith. Is Atlanta willing to math anything? What's the status with Smith and the Hawks?

i read about that on realGM (the warriors upping their offer)....and the wiretap article about us signing Brand says that Brand is making a decision soon...

Bellinelli, Wright, Randolph, CJ Watson, Hendrix are all going to be on the summer league team.

Also Bay Area native and Duke product Demarcus Nelson is on our summer league roster.

Yeah, I believe so.

Here's the full summer league roster:

WARRIORS 2008 SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER
NO. PLAYER POS HT WT BORN FROM YRS
18 Marco Belinelli G 6-5 192 3/25/86 Italy 1
11 Dion Dowell G/f 6-7 205 6/11/85 Houston R
35 Richard Hendrix F 6-9 255 11/15/86 Alabama R
31 Roger Kurz F 6-9 232 3/5/85 Notre Dame R
12 Reggie Larry F 6-6 225 10/20/86 Boise State R
28 Jamaal Moore G/F 6-6 195 7/6/83 Rice R
25 Anthony Morrow G 6-5 210 9/27/85 Georgia Tech R
21 DeMarcus Nelson G 6-4 200 11/2/85 Duke R