Keep dreaming
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

But seriously, Brand + Thornton
eek.gif
pimp.gif

+ Kaman in 08-09
smokin.gif

Clippers in 08-09: Livingston, Eric Gordon [assuming clips get the 4th or 5th pick], mobley, thornton, maggette, brand, kaman. That's a legit #8 seed in the west

Assuming we get Mayo, Gordon or Bayless at 4th or 5th pick I'd say a healthy Clipper lineup is between 6-8 seed or better.
what makes you Clips fans so sure ou'll be able to keep Brand and Magette?

Maggette is more or less expendable depending on who this team drafts. Brand hasn't stated anywhere that he plans to opt out, he may, but it's notas likely as a lot of the other players who can this off-season. To put it into comparison, I'd say there's a stronger chance that Baron opts out thenBrand.

Livingston
Rose? Mayo? Gordon?
Al Thornton
Elton Brand
Chris Kaman

That's a great line-up if they can stay healthy. Let's remember that Brand Kaman and Thornton haven't played a single game together if I canremember correctly, and Livingston didn't play at all this season.

from the Seattle Post Intelligencer:

"We have another high draft pick, Al Thornton had an amazing rookie year, and Chris Kaman had a great first half," Brand said. "We have a chance to rebuild quickly. Things just didn't go the way we wanted to this year because of the injuries. I know other teams got better, but we would have improved also."

also, from the same source:

Next year, Brand promises, the Clippers will be back and this season was merely an aberration, not a permanent return to the bad ol' days.

"I see myself as the face of the organization," he said. "When I went down the record spoke for itself. We haven't been that bad in a long time. I just don't want to lose what we have established."

xCautioNx wrote:

what makes you Clips fans so sure ou'll be able to keep Brand and Magette?

EB has already stated in the media and to Clipper management that his intention is to stay with the team to play alongside an improved Kaman andan emerging star in Thornton next season over say choosing any other WC team where he really wouldn't be the main guy and/or surrounded by midgets(i.e.Golden State). I don't feel as confident about Magz with the way Thornton outplayed him this season. I just hope we do a solid S&T in the offseason toadd either a shooter or more depth in the backcourt behind Livingston and Knight and find a way to rid ourselves of TT and his horrible contract.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

How much yall paying for gas? cheapest I found was 3.75.
smh.gif

3.91 down here at school in irvine for 91..
costs me 60 to fill up...
smh.gif

for all the IQ that brand has, he can't figure out that with the clips, he'll be doomed to mediocrity. Gotta love his loyalty though.

As for the lottery, I forgot how this works, but only the 1st pick is up for grabs right? for example, the team with the worst record automatically gets 2ndpick if another team wins the lottery? i forgot but last years' draft kind of got jumbled.

As it stands, we'll probably get the 14th pick...i'd love to get Love or Lopez..

However, since all of our SGs might bolt (Azu, Barnes, CJ, Baron), we might end up drafting a SG.

yeah, irvine is fricken expensive...i drive to westminster to fill up
laugh.gif

i still think it's relatively early to talk about the offseason...!

Originally Posted by HOOPERVILAA

for all the IQ that brand has, he can't figure out that with the clips, he'll be doomed to mediocrity. Gotta love his loyalty though.
You act like G-State hasn't been mediocre for decades and even with a nice squad still missed the 'offs this season.
roll.gif

Anyways, I really like our chances with a healthy EB/Kaman, Thornton, Mobley and Livingston vs your new look W's next season(b/c either Diddy and Montamight be gone via FA)
wink.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

You act like G-State hasn't been mediocre for decades and even with a nice squad still missed the 'offs this season.
roll.gif

Anyways, I really like our chances with a healthy EB/Kaman, Thornton, Mobley and Livingston vs your new look W's next season(b/c either Diddy and Monta might be gone via FA)
wink.gif

I'm willing to bet that Monta is back. Even if Monta has a boat load of cash thrown at him from Memphis, we can match. No one is going to pay Davisthe amount he can get from his player option, so I'd imagine he'll be back too.

man, i just paid 4.07 for 91
smh.gif

this is getting crazy

And that is why I only drive maybe on the weekends and fill up once a month, IF that.

roll.gif

Anyways, I really like our chances with a healthy EB/Kaman, Thornton, Mobley and Livingston vs your new look W's next season(b/c either Diddy and Monta might be gone via FA)
wink.gif

it's nice to see you start talking trash again man. i mean god knows i wouldnt have talked trash over the regular season if my team were theclippers too.

and i'm sure your wonderful bench of dan dickau, smush parker and nick fazekas is gonna do wonders too...
wink.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

roll.gif

wink.gif

I dont thing Livingston will gain his form back. EB will just get injured again. Mobley is past his prime. Maggette might as well get traded to IND for thecoaches son. i mean we just won 47 games that same amount when your team went to the playoffs, so really theres no disparity other than you guys are missingscorers and warriors missing a big man. One more win will beat your playoff record of the 7th seed of 2006.

***edit***
[table][tr][td]6[/td] [td]x-LA Clippers[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]35[/td] [td].573[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]27-14[/td] [td]20-21[/td] [td]27-25[/td] [td]7-9[/td] [td]97.2[/td] [td]95.6[/td] [td]+1.6[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

roll.gif

wink.gif
it's nice to see you start talking trash again man. i mean god knows i wouldnt have talked trash over the regular season if my team were the clippers too.

and i'm sure your wonderful bench of dan dickau, smush parker and nick fazekas is gonna do wonders too...
wink.gif

roll.gif

They won't be Clippers in 08/09
roll.gif

YOU FAIL!
Powell is a keeper tho!

smh.gif
looks like we're gonna lose to the sonics, but after everything was lost, i'm sure all the players were deflated.
to those that went to the game, how did they play? and were there any cool giveaways/sales?

well i guess NOW the season's officially over
tired.gif
. what a disappointingsad finish, but 48 wins is still something to be very proud of considering the improvemnt of this team.

we had a great season, just a damn shame we couldnt make the playoffs. Hopefully next year will be better.

now the season is over...jesus christ...what a disappointing finish. w/e...we'll get em next year.

any possible way we can trade for rudy gay and draft for kevin love...best selling jerseys right there...

Not everybody has to be a fan of a team just because they win championships. That's why I respect the Clippers fans more than the Lakers fans.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

now the season is over...jesus christ...what a disappointing finish. w/e...we'll get em next year.

any possible way we can trade for rudy gay and draft for kevin love...best selling jerseys right there...

Gay, Love

in The City

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Why are you Clippers fans even posting in the Warriors Off-Season thread?

I want to see Nellie gone.

Gay, Love

in The City

laugh.gif

And after about 2 minutes of clicking, I got the GS Warriors on the first pick at a simulation Lottery. C'mon Lottery, lets go 0.5%!

I think MJShoeFanatic is trying to form a "bond," if you want to call it that somewhat like what I did half a season ago, but no way in hell can youcriticize the Warriors and expect to be accepted.

Or maybe he's still burning deep inside from the Playoffs last year.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom