Official Warriors Off Season Thread

I think MJShoeFanatic is trying to form a "bond," if you want to call it that somewhat like what I did half a season ago, but no way in hell can you criticize the Warriors and expect to be accepted.

Or maybe he's still burning deep inside from the Playoffs last year.
laugh.gif

the thing is though...we like him.

you? eh...not so much.

2py2646.jpg

They need to stop with this %+%%. It's really getting old. They are trying to live off 1 playoff appearance in 14 years
smh.gif

of course not.

it's cohan-- he'll milk it 'till only dust comes out, and then a little bit more after that.

next season=
NO YELLOW SHIRTS OR THIS WE BELIEVE CRAP UNTIL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS(IF WE DO ANYWAY). I only use those we believe shirts now to use as PJs now anyway
laugh.gif

went to the game. the crowd was still super into it. cheering when we were down to bring up the team's morale and chanting defense. the majority of thelower level was still filled even when the game was pointless. still got to sneak down and sit 14 rows behind the sonics bench. we died by the 3....AGAIN. butman durant was huge, he stopped our momentum everytime we tried to make a run.

Andris Biedrins
On the season:

"It's hard to have a good season and not make the playoffs, but in this case, we still had a really great season. We didn't make the playoffs, but 48 wins is not easy, so it was an improvement from last season. We are just looking forward to keeping this up for next year. We had a really good run this year and we built constantly. We didn't have that many injuries. We only had the bad start at 0-6, but otherwise we played really well."

pimp.gif
he sounds like he's going to stay

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

I think MJShoeFanatic is trying to form a "bond," if you want to call it that somewhat like what I did half a season ago, but no way in hell can you criticize the Warriors and expect to be accepted.

Or maybe he's still burning deep inside from the Playoffs last year.
laugh.gif
the thing is though...we like him.

you? eh...not so much.

laugh.gif
, now that Asterisk is gone, I think you're the only one who's always on my back,
wink.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
yeah asterisk is gone....Ska couldn't handle his sarcasm.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

if ur reading this *, i only said it was "justified" because Ska didn't see the sarcasm for whatever reason.
Come back soon!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

warriors need to start a new campaign without "we believe" in it...

Only 6 more months until pre-season
pimp.gif
. Summer league with Marco and hopefully Brandan. Azubuike won't be their trying to take all the shots this time
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

How crazy would it be if we won the lottery. If we could draft Rose, then we could let Baron walk and then go off and offer a deal to a PF like Brand orO'Neal. If only God was still a Warriors fan
frown.gif

One young guy who may not be back is second-year guard Kelenna Azubuike, who said Wednesday -- not surprisingly -- he will definitely be declining his player option with the Warriors for next season. Instead of getting paid a minimum salary of $797,581, Azubuike can seek greener pastures.

"It's been great here. I would definitely love to play here again next year, but we'll just see what happens," Azubuike said. "You may say something, and then someone gives you an offer that you can't refuse."

was hoping he would stick around, but can't blame him if he wants to get paid. Which i hope he does.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Hypothetically speaking, would you take Rose or Beasley?

It's very hard to say. If we were put in this situation (I sure hope we are), I'm actually leaning toward Rose, because Baron is going to get oldersoon. And Beasley plays Wright's position. But....Beasley CAN play the 3 I guess, if he needed to.
It's weird...if we draft Beasley, Wright may be the odd man out IMO...if we draft Rose, it's Baron. I'd rather keep the young stud than the beard.

In this case, I'd have to go with Rose. Rose+Monta=unstoppable fast break
eek.gif

for the future= Rose/Ellis/Jackson/Wright/Biedrins
pimp.gif
(andMAYBE get Brand for Baron
eek.gif
)
although...Davis/Ellis/Beasley/Wright/Biedrins isn't too bad either...but i think the first lineup is better for the future. I'd say Beasley plays the4 tho, and Jackson at the 3...but this lineup is more complex...

but either one would be good...it's real hard to say but i think Rose would work out slightly better, and we can trade Baron for that quality big manwe've been needing forever.

edit-now that i think about it more.....Beasley would be
eek.gif
here as well.It's a tough call
ohwell.gif

Too bad all this won't happen
tired.gif

That's the thing with Beasley, he can play the four, but then that negates getting Brandon Wright. He can play the three, but then what about SJAX? Then ifyou draft Rose, that seems fine and dandy, but would you trade away Baron? or what? That's a clash of personalities, and I don't know, I can't seeRose not starting where ever he is drafted. I'd love to have Beasley on the Mavericks, but there's no chance in hell we are getting anything out ofthis draft, so I'm not even going to dream,
laugh.gif

The lottery and any moves made around the draft/lottery will dictate how well the bubble teams this year do (obviously, but even more so).

^Yeah.. I'd rather keep Wright than keep Baron, so I might have to go with Rose. Baron could potentially net some nice players in return, probably notequal market value but it'd definitely be solid players coming our way.

Beasley is a 4...isn't Dirk a 4 too? What would yall do then? And Josh Howard plays the 3( or 2?)....so u guys could move Josh Howard for Harrington
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
, put Beasley at the 3 and have Harrington back up Dirk and Beasley.

also there was the proposed Baron+our 14 for Miami's pick(1 or 2)...honestly I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Josh is a SG in my eyes, he shoots the ball so damn much that he should be a SG. He doesn't have the mentality of slashing as much anymore. JET attacks thebasket about 3 times as much as Josh does, and it's a damn shame. We would definitely play Beasley at three, but it's not happening.
laugh.gif

To a team like Portland who doesn't have a GREAT PG, you could probably get another good draft pick, or a really good player in return, I mean all of theseteams have no solid PG....

Miami (get Haslem?
eek.gif
)
Seattle (Wilcox+Ridnour?)
Sacramento (Artest?
nerd.gif
)
Denver (Kenyon Martin? Nene?)
Charlotte (Jason?
laugh.gif
, Gerald Wallace?
nerd.gif
)
Indiana (JO? Dunleavy?!
laugh.gif
)
Orlando (Hedo and Evans?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
)

Possibilities are endless, that's why I love off-season.
laugh.gif

I think that Davis and Nellie will both be back next season. I know there are reports of the rift between the two, but when it comes down to it, I don'tknow of a team that will pay for how much Davis is set to receive (roughly $17mil/yr) at age 29. I guess the only thing impeding this would be Nellie and thereports of him being uncertain. But then Nellie got his contract extension and I think he'll be back
frown.gif

And about trading Baron, that might sound good and all, but we'll still need a PG. I don't think Monta can run a team for a full season.

Sucks that Azubuike looks to get that money. I like him in a Warriors uni, but can't knock the dude because he can get more money than here from some otherteam. I was hoping that we could keep Azubuike and let go of Pietrus and Barnes. So a backcourt of Davis, Ellis, Azubuike, Marco, maybe Watson, and Rose (
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
) would be pretty formidable.

^Well Sacramento has Udrih, and I guess he's a top 10 PG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

And about trading Baron, that might sound good and all, but we'll still need a PG.
That's true...which is why I'd only trade Baron if we address the PG situation somehow otherwise. Trading him just for a big man andleaving a hole at the PG spot wouldn't be wise, IMO. Which is why the Rose scenario makes so much sense
frown.gif
Actually...realistically speaking, folks over at RealGM seem to like Eric Gordon a lot (another PG prospect)...and he's definitely more easily attained, hecould fall a bit, or we could trade up without giving so much. I saw a few of his games on TV, he seems pretty good, but he isn't a pure PG like Roseis-he's more like Baron in a way in that he chucks shots.
edit-i guess gordon is listed as a SG so that explains it, but i always see him get mentioned as a PG.

Back
Top Bottom