Official Warriors Off Season Thread

I don't know how valuable Sheed is to Detroit (as in, how much they're looking for) but I'd assume they want some young players back.

But I don't disagree with that trade. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm just trying to think why Detroit would do it...unless if they like Harringtonsomehow someway or they've coveted him in the past, or he can fit into that offense, i don't know. if they do, then maybe it's realistic, buti'm not getting my hopes up.
MAYBE if we add Belinelli to the mix, but I want to keep him. Pietrus?
laugh.gif
maybe we can S+T, but he did play decent at the end of last season, his value is definitely higher than barnes' right now.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

What could other teams offer for Sheed?...just for an example?....

Harrington + $10million dollars + future 1st round pick and maybe another filler is maybe MORE than enough for a old Sheed. I think that deal would appeal to Detroit.

Get her done Mully.

Who do you have in mind for that filler if this is your projected roster?
Davis/14th pick/Watson.
Ellis/Marco.
Jackson/Buike/Barnes
Sheed/Wright.
Biedrins/???/Kosta

Ellis, Belinelli, Davis, Jackson, Wright, and Biedrins are all valuable to this team... too valuable to trade for an aging star. The remaining players areWatson, Azubuike, Perovic, and Barnes. No one will bite on Barnes since he sucked last season. Kelenna most likely isn't going to be back. He'll findgreener pastures elsewhere. He might be cool with a sign and trade but first thing's first, we have to sign him and there is no indication from our frontoffice of that happening. They've given the indication that they are going to let Kelenna walk. Watson isn't proven. Not proven because Nelliedidn't play him enough. I'm not sure of what kind of value Watson holds. It surely isn't enough value to lure Detroit into trading us Rasheed. AndPerovic? See Watson.

^ I was wondering about Kelenna, is it pretty well known that Kelenna won't be returning? It's too bad if he leaves, nice seeing him sprout in GS.

If Kelenna leaves, it's definitely a good sign Marco is going to get those minutes next year as Nellie has promised...I still think we should keep at leastone of Barnes/Kelenna/Pietrus though. Barnes is probably going to be the cheapest of them and I really don't mind keeping him around as long as Nellieplays him at SF and not PF. I know he wasn't very good last year, but I still have hope he can be a solid contributor.

I'd like to keep Kelenna because I know he's a solid player, but with what I have read, there's a very good chance that Kelenna won't be back.

Well, Kelenna wasn't getting very many minutes late in the season, so there's a possibility that Marco still might not get that chance, but we'llsee soon enough. God I hate the off-season.

out of all the FAs it's most likely that Kelenna's the one to go. Maybe Pietrus since he played well towards the end. I hope we keep one of the twothough. as for Barnes, if we get him cheap I don't see why we can't keep him for another year.

and just tried the Al + filler (Kosta) for Sheed on the trade machine and worked. But why would Detroit want that though, Al's season wasn't all thatgood and Perovic might be another Darko to em. they could be interested if we do a S&T with either Buike or Pietrus though.

I don't expect the Pistons to trade Rasheed. Joe D. will give it another shot for a championship next year with their current starting 5 ofWallace/McDyess/Prince/Hamilton/Billups and with Stuckey/Maxiell/Johnson/Afflalo getting more playing time next year we will see another Detroit-Boston for theEastern Conference Finals.

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

I don't expect the Pistons to trade Rasheed. Joe D. will give it another shot for a championship next year with their current starting 5 of Wallace/McDyess/Prince/Hamilton/Billups and with Stuckey/Maxiell/Johnson/Afflalo getting more playing time next year we will see another Detroit-Boston for the Eastern Conference Finals.

haha i remember people were saying that the pistons were done after they got eliminated by the cavs
roll.gif
roll.gif
smokin.gif

Nelson commits to coach Warriors in 2008-09 ESPN.com news services Updated: June 3, 2008, 1:00 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
There's nothing quite like some downtime in Hawaii to brighten one's outlook.
That's how Don Nelson seemed to portray his recent decision to coach the Golden State Warriors for at least one more season.
"I got the chance to rest a little bit, think about it, and wanted to come back," Nelson told the San Francisco Chronicle from the team'spractice facility in Oakland. "It wasn't that hard. I just needed to get away for a few weeks. I'm ready for more action."
The Press Democrat of Santa Ana, Calif., reported Nelson's return on Sunday. The league's second winningest coach of all time behind Lenny Wilkens,Nelson and the team set a June 1 deadline for the coach, who turned 68 in May, to make a decision.
Nelson, who lives in Hawaii in the offseason, has one year left on his contract at about $5 million. The Warriors exercised that option in March, when theywere on a pace to win 52 games. They finished 48-34, missing what would have been their second consecutive playoff berth by two games.
"If they're happy and I'm happy, we might do it more, you know?" Nelson told the Chronicle. "Larry Brown's older than me and justtook a four-year job" with the Charlotte Bobcats.
Nelson also said the franchise will have more on its mind in 2008-09 than just reaching the postseason.
"Last year, we were very single-minded in trying to make the playoffs. It's what the organization wanted to do, to make the playoffs again, and wetried to do that and we failed," he told the Chronicle. "Part of my job next year is to bring [players like 2007-08 rookies Brandan Wright and MarcoBelinelli] along, and if it costs us some games, which it probably will, then that's what it'll do.
"I'll have to prepare myself mentally for that, but I think it's the right thing to do. They're the future of the team."
if nelson would have done this last season the team would have been in a better position this season
smh.gif
. at least he has realized his faults.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Nelson commits to coach Warriors in 2008-09 ESPN.com news services Updated: June 3, 2008, 1:00 PM ET

"Last year, we were very single-minded in trying to make the playoffs. It's what the organization wanted to do, to make the playoffs again, and we tried to do that and we failed," he told the Chronicle. "Part of my job next year is to bring [players like 2007-08 rookies Brandan Wright and Marco Belinelli] along, and if it costs us some games, which it probably will, then that's what it'll do.
"I'll have to prepare myself mentally for that, but I think it's the right thing to do. They're the future of the team."

Love how he still took a shot at the concept, though.
laugh.gif

if nelson would have done this last season the team would have been in a better position this season
smh.gif
. at least he has realized his faults.

Nellie didn't really realize his own faults on his own. It was more of reporters constantly asking about Marco and Brandan in interviews with Nellie. Itwas Mullin saying that he expects Marco and Brandan to be worked into the rotation. From what I took from that Nellie quote where he states that playing Marcoand Brandan will cost us games, he still thinks he's right but is being forced into playing them. Same ol' Nellie never wanting to admit he's wrong
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

"Last year, we were very single-minded in trying to make the playoffs. It's what the organization wanted to do, to make the playoffs again, and we tried to do that and we failed," he told the Chronicle. "Part of my job next year is to bring [players like 2007-08 rookies Brandan Wright and Marco Belinelli] along, and if it costs us some games, which it probably will, then that's what it'll do.

Love how he still took a shot at the concept, though.
laugh.gif

I said the exact same thing on the previous page
laugh.gif
... except I didn't necessarily "love" it...

Anyone hear Baron on the Fitz and Brooks show on KNBR today?

Bob Fitzgerald: "Give me your prediction on the Celtics, Lakers."

Baron: "Guess what?"

Fitz: ?

Baron: "Chicken butt."

laugh.gif
Dude is a clown.

Same ol' Nellie never wanting to admit he's wrong
smh.gif

Co-sign, he wouldn't take an L even if it meant he could get a lifetime supply of beer.

Not that he doesn't have it already, though.

Happy to see Nelson returning for sure.

I think Sheed would be a great fit for us but I don't see it happening. And as for the draft Dandre Jordan would be a project but he is a real talented bigman.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ It was only a matter of time before Monta took after Jack and Barnes
laugh.gif

hahah either that or they peer pressured him into it
laugh.gif

who'snext? Biedrins perhaps??
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ It was only a matter of time before Monta took after Jack and Barnes
laugh.gif

Matt Barnes is a cancer
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Biedrins better not get any tattoos. Enh, I'm not worried too much since it doesn't appear that he would hang around Monta/Jack/Barnes asmuch.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom