Official Warriors Off Season Thread

We'll see how you feel about it come January, Paul.

LoL

I wish I had the power to delete some of the posts in here...

Haha, we'll see LazyJ10.

I'll be honest, if he does change his ways and plays the young guys more, and doesn't go from small, to smaller, to even smaller when we'refaltering, and he uses the bench more, and play Biedrins more than a measly 27 minutes per game... then I'll change my mind about him. Until then, BOO DONNELSON!!

wow havent been to this thread in a while.

i'm so-so on nelson staying

co-sign with paul up there-- Biens needs 35+ minutes a night. that guy can be such a force (i still think)

hopefully that giant turtle man and barnes leaves, and 'buike and pietrus stay for cheap

Azubuike should be happy at around 2.5 for a couple years. Pietrus at 4 would be good. Duhon at 3-4
ohwell.gif
Davis, Ellis, Jackson, Harrington, Biedrins, Duhon, Azubuike, Pietrus, Belinelli, Wright, Watson + two other FA's and two players out of the draft.

I've confirmed my car rental, off to Maui on thursday...anyone know where Nelly lives? I know where baron stays in SF lol

i'm pretty sure if you ask the town's people where nellie lives..they'll know. After all, dude owns like 6-7 different locations
laugh.gif

How about,,,,,
Harrington+Wright for Camby
Harrington+ Perovic for Camby
smokin.gif
both of them worked on espn but would GS and Den do it??

Camby
Biedrins
Jackson
Monta
Baron
eyes.gif

I'm not really into trading Wright... but Harrington and Perovic for Camby, I feel more comfortable doing. Unfortunately, that won't get it done.

Yeah, Wright, Monta, Andris are untouchable unless we package them together to get a superstar on the LeBron/Kobe level. Those guys are our future; if we tradethem, we better get pieces back that can make us into a legit contender right away. We'd trade Baron and Jackson before even thinking about trading theyoung core.
That's not happening, so those guys are not getting traded or should be.

The old Al+filler is our best trading option but it won't net us much
laugh.gif

you guys are forgetting the Trade Exemption.

Al + TE + filler...well, until july 1st anyway.

then it's back to Al + TE...

i honestly expect fireworks and a huge deal by July 1st.

[h1]Not Blowing Smoke[/h1]

Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer
Monday, June 2, 2008

Warriors coach Don Nelson leaned against the rooftop railing, smoking a cigar and watching the traffic below. A month in Maui had given him a slimmer, tanner profile, and Nelson looked as relaxed as ever as he explained his decision to return for another season with Golden State.
"I got the chance to rest a little bit, think about it, and wanted to come back," Nelson said through a puff of smoke. "It wasn't that hard. I just needed to get away for a few weeks. I'm ready for more action."

With that, the 68-year-old coach was back at the Warriors' practice facility in downtown Oakland on Monday, his first official day of work since informing team officials two weeks ago that he would indeed serve out the final year of his $5.1 million contract.

It will be his 29th season on the sidelines, and Nelson, who needs just 53 wins to surpass Lenny Wilkens as the NBA's all-time winningest coach, wouldn't rule out coaching beyond next season.

"If they're happy and I'm happy, we might do it more, you know? Larry Brown's older than me and just took a four-year job," Nelson said.

Nelson's slate Monday included checking in with Monta Ellis and lunching with vice president Chris Mullin. The team will begin working out potential draft prospects Wednesday and continue to bring in players over the next three weeks.

Golden State has the 14th overall pick in the June 26 draft, and Nelson said the Warriors have no plans to trade their selection. He believes the draft is deeper and bigger than a year ago, and made no secret of his desire to add a big man to his roster.

"If we like a guy a lot, it won't matter, but if we had our druthers, we'd like a guy that can play and plays up front," Nelson said.

Though he assumes that Baron Davis and the rest of the Warriors' core will be back, Nelson also admits that the new season will indeed bring a new philosophy. Youngsters Brandan Wright and Marco Belinelli, who rarely played during their rookie year, have already begun working out in Oakland again, and Nelson insists they will be worked into the rotation.

"Last year, we were very single-minded in trying to make the playoffs. It's what the organization wanted to do, to make the playoffs again, and we tried to do that and we failed," he said. "Part of my job next year is to bring these guys along, and if it costs us some games, which it probably will, then that's what it'll do.

"I'll have to prepare myself mentally for that, but I think it's the right thing to do. They're to future of the team."

Nelson will remain based in Oakland for the next two months, interrupting his coaching duties only for his arbitration case with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

The litigation is scheduled for June 24 in Dallas with more than $6 million at stake.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/02/SP6D111S3G.DTL

i'll
pimp.gif
to that.

but let's see how much weight this holds when the season comes around.

I'd rather have Nellie come back instead of a new coach implementing a new system. So many options the W's have to trade...My prediction I believe thatBuike is going to receive a nice contract this off-season from a team other than the W's. IMO I would keep Perovic...Nellie apparently likes him more thanO'Bryant so give him a shot. Resign Adonal Foyle have him retire and make him our GM. LOL.

"Last year, we were very single-minded in trying to make the playoffs. It's what the organization wanted to do, to make the playoffs again, and we tried to do that and we failed," he said. "Part of my job next year is to bring these guys along, and if it costs us some games, which it probably will, then that's what it'll do.

Nellie will never let that go... it should work out later on in the season and save us games.

nerd.gif
didn't Nellie say the same thing about Wright/Marco last off-season?
laugh.gif

I mean Marco was seen as a high-level role player in lot of your guy's minds, but stubborn 'ol Nellie wouldn't let him go out there.

^ Yeah, Nellie says a lot of things. The difference is that management is actually stepping in here and saying that Wright and Belinelli need playing time.

Nellie just won't admit he made a slight mistake in not bringin up the youngsters properly last season. it was a pretty big reason why the starters woreout at the end.
smh.gif

What is it going to take to get Sheed to Oakland???. He is EXACTLY what we need IMO. A big man who can put it on the floor, score and get boards. Sheed wouldbe the force we need down low. I really think Al + trade exempt + filler for Sheed would get it done at this point.

Davis/14th pick/Watson.
Ellis/Marco.
Jackson/Buike/Barnes
Sheed/Wright.
Biedrins/???/Kosta.

I think they could even keep Barnes....so that would be 11 and they would need to sign or draft their 12th. Kosta's also not ready to back up Biedrins.

I'd love to have Sheed. But no way will Al Harrington be enough. At the very least, we'd have to add a future 1st and filler. And even then, I'msure the Pistons will have better trade offers than that.

I think Beans would have to be involved in the deal in order for them to bite. They love their multi-dimensional players, and Al isn't quite that.

What could other teams offer for Sheed?...just for an example?....

Harrington + $10million dollars + future 1st round pick and maybe another filler is maybe MORE than enough for a old Sheed. I think that deal would appeal toDetroit.

Get her done Mully.

Haven't Sheed and SJAX played together before? They seem like they're meant to be.
laugh.gif

I'm all for getting Sheed though, I just think he has a bit more value. I could be wrong though, seems like I am more often then not.
roll.gif

I thought Buike was a UFA? I think he'll get some offers, although I think he'll stay in GSW, nothings set in stone.

Back
Top Bottom