Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by lawinnn

...Play Belinelli. come on! We need a PF, maybe Artest, Jermaine O' Neal, or Brand. Signing Ellis and Biedrins is a must.
by the way, can anyone make me a GS Warrior Avy? I've never had an avy before, nor don't know how to get one. please????

Bellinelli needs to learn defense before he'll get steady PT. I would not put any money into Jermaine O'neal with how much he has damaged his kneethrough out the course of two seasons. Artest would be nice, BUT, he doesn't really fit.

Baron takes a new contract at around 10.7 per year. We let everyone go except Azubuike and Pietrus(if nobody offers more than last years salary), then with theextra cap space from the new contracts we sign Milsap or Landry
pimp.gif
. Wait..... I forgot we are getting Beasly in the draft, so I don't really know anymore
ohwell.gif

I wouldn't mind adding Milsap to the W's lineup. I for some reason think that Pietrus could be offered a contract...But I was reading that Orlando isinterested in him...Hey what about if JJ Redick was on the roster...He can shoot and that's all he can do. He could probably help the offense....Yet Ithink we have Marco for that already. Haha.

Millsap would be SWEET, almost the perfect guy to fill in where we need the most help..but i'd think the Jazz are really going to keep him.

[table][tr][td]Is Golden State Hoping Baron Opts Out?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 16, 2008 - 5:26 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Davis_Baron_gsw.jpg
The New York Post -
There are rumblings in Southern California that the Warriors might be secretly hoping that point guard Baron Davis decides to opt out of his contract this summer, according to Peter Vecsey of the New York Post.

There are two theories as to why Coach Don Nelson benched Davis in the second half of the team's late-season loss to the Suns that ended their playoff hopes.

One is that Nelson was "punishing" Davis for not getting proper rest the night before; the other is that Nellie was hoping to push Baron towards opting out and becoming a free agent.

Davis will be owed $17.8 million next season if he doesn't opt out of his current deal, money that executive Chris Mullin could certainly use in order to keep young guys like Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, Matt Barnes, and Mickael Pietrus in town.

Davis has repeatedly stated that he wants to remain a Warrior, but agent Todd Ramasar expressed a need for his client to reconsider his position. [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52551/20080516/is_golden_state_hoping_baron_opts_out/

Vecsey is an idiot. We don't give a
1zm33af.gif
about Matt Barnes or Mickael Pietrus. The rumblings in So.Cal are probably from LA hopeful that Baron will return to his hometown.

I know it gets beat to death around here but we all feel that Baron is like 95% not going to opt out. He's not walking away from $17 mil guaranteed to testthe market and get less money.

I didn't realize it was 18 million on his contract he had, he wouldn't leave unless he absolutely hated GSW.

^ Yeah, that's how much he's going to earn next year if he doesn't opt out. He doesn't hate GSW. He loves it here. He's adamantly statedthat he wants to remain a Warrior.

Quick question though... the Warriors organization flies Lela Nichols (Baron's grandmother) out to the bay area like once a year so that she can watchBaron play in person. Do other teams do this or something of this sort or is this like uncharted territory?

I think at least 50% of the posters over at RealGM agree with Vescey though, haha
ohwell.gif

but yeah, it's highly unlikely. i think i've stated it 1000x across several threads but Baron isn't walking away from that much money unless ifsome team is stupid enough to offer him a real big deal that will screw over their salary cap. This is even if he doesn't like it here, which isn'ttrue to begin with

and btw Paul has your RealGM account been approved yet?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ Yeah, that's how much he's going to earn next year if he doesn't opt out. He doesn't hate GSW. He loves it here. He's adamantly stated that he wants to remain a Warrior.

Quick question though... the Warriors organization flies Lela Nichols (Baron's grandmother) out to the bay area like once a year so that she can watch Baron play in person. Do other teams do this or something of this sort or is this like uncharted territory?

That's what's confusing, if he loves it here (by here I mean Bay Area) so much, why are there rumors of him possibly opting out? Doesn't reallymake sense, I'm not questioning whether he likes it here, but it's just strange.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

^ Yeah, that's how much he's going to earn next year if he doesn't opt out. He doesn't hate GSW. He loves it here. He's adamantly stated that he wants to remain a Warrior.

Quick question though... the Warriors organization flies Lela Nichols (Baron's grandmother) out to the bay area like once a year so that she can watch Baron play in person. Do other teams do this or something of this sort or is this like uncharted territory?

That's what's confusing, if he loves it here (by here I mean Bay Area) so much, why are there rumors of him possibly opting out? Doesn't really make sense, I'm not questioning whether he likes it here, but it's just strange.
I'd question the validity of the reports/rumors out there. Who the hell thinks Matt Barnes is a key contributor and thinks we should re-signhim? Any report;rumor I see saying that (I've seen two by my count) has no credibility. Just some goof stirring up stories to get people's attention.

That's what's confusing, if he loves it here (by here I mean Bay Area) so much, why are there rumors of him possibly opting out? Doesn't really make sense, I'm not questioning whether he likes it here, but it's just strange.
I'd question the validity of the reports/rumors out there. Who the hell thinks Matt Barnes is a key contributor and thinks we should re-sign him? Any report;rumor I see saying that (I've seen two by my count) has no credibility. Just some goof stirring up stories to get people's attention.

yeah. peter vescey has a real bad reputation just making up random sourceless rumors...

I'd question the validity of the reports/rumors out there. Who the hell thinks Matt Barnes is a key contributor and thinks we should re-sign him? Any report;rumor I see saying that (I've seen two by my count) has no credibility. Just some goof stirring up stories to get people's attention.

Well, I think I've heard numerous reports over the last year or so, and they could be all from Peter Vescey, but I doubt it. I do agree there arepeople who just stir up rumors, but you never know in the NBA,

laugh.gif

In case you were wondering what this has to do with the Warriors,

New Jersey is the birth place of the Warriors second all-time best player.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

New Jersey is the birth place of the Warriors second all-time best player.
pimp.gif
Chris Gatling?

sick.gif
why do you know that Chris Gatling was born in NJ?
laugh.gif

I was just googling him up to see if he really was from NJ and came across this,

and also played for the Dallas Mavericks and New Jersey Nets during the 1996-97 season (representing the Mavs in the NBA All-Star Game only a few days before being traded to the Nets).

Does this mean he got traded to the Nets before the ASG, represented the Mavericks, then hopped to the Nets? If so that's very interesting, the same thingwas being debated with Jason Kidd,

I knew that as a random fact
laugh.gif
, I remember reading off of some bballcards back in the day and I just remember stuff like that for no reason; I did check it on wikipedia first though
laugh.gif

Heres some NBA Nation event coming to San Francisco this Saturday.

[table][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Don't miss A Great Time Out... Add [email protected] to your E-mail Address Book or customized sender list to ensure you continue to receive e-mails you requested from the Golden State Warriors.[/size][/font]​
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
GTOemail_OffersNews_1.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]
GTOemail_OffersNews_5.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
GTOemail_OffersNews_Offers.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
NBA Nation Hits San Francisco This Weekend
Appearances from Nate Thurmond, Thunder and Warrior Girls among highlights of two-day, admission-free basketball extravaganza

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]This is basketball country, and we call it NBA Nation… Whether you're 8 years old, or 80; if you're a face-painter for your favorite team or you just love the game, NBA Nation wants you!
NBA Nation is traveling coast-to-coast, bringing fans together at the NBA's largest mobile basketball playground. Warriors Hall of Famer Nate Thurmond, Thunder and the Warrior Girls will be on hand this weekend as the nationwide tour makes a stop at Carnaval San Francisco.

Come dressed in Warriors apparel and be prepared to pledge your allegiance to NBA Nation!
[/td] [/tr][/table]

NBA NATION TRAVELING TO:
Carnaval San Francisco
May 24 & 25, 2008
10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Daily
Festival Admission: FREE

John O'Connell High School
2355 Folsom St. (Between 19th and 20th Streets)

FIND OUT MORE

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
Offseason Schedule
[/td] [/tr][tr][td].[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 20
NBA Draft Lottery[/td] [/tr][tr][td].[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
June 16
NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline
[/td] [/tr][tr][td].[/td] [/tr][tr][td]June 26
NBA Draft 2008[/td] [/tr][tr][td].[/td] [/tr][tr][td].[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
TICKET OPTIONS:
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
gametimegtoe_lowerbannerB.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by lawinnn

...Play Belinelli. come on! We need a PF, maybe Artest, Jermaine O' Neal, or Brand. Signing Ellis and Biedrins is a must.
by the way, can anyone make me a GS Warrior Avy? I've never had an avy before, nor don't know how to get one. please????

Bellinelli needs to learn defense before he'll get steady PT. I would not put any money into Jermaine O'neal with how much he has damaged his knee through out the course of two seasons. Artest would be nice, BUT, he doesn't really fit.
i think Artest could def fit, he'd be an under-sized pf that can shoot jumpers and 3's.... hell, we'd prob even run him @ center

Originally Posted by daprescription

screw the warrior girls. . . .thunders gonna be there
pimp.gif

Screw Thunder
mad.gif
, he said I wouldn't make it in the NBA in WarriorsBasketball Camp.

Not really
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, but he was tellin everyone there "if you reach for the stars, you canmake it in the NBA". i was a realist and i was like "nah i doubt i'm goin to the NBA"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom