Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by cheezybaby

I dont like this Kawasaki cat....%$!%##$ asians shouldnt get an opinion on basketball

dumb $## asian...worse really??

Wow.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Besides Jason Kidd making $20 Mill next season....Baron is making $17...while the rest of the best PG are making around $10. If I was Baron, I would be humbleand just accept that $17 million because there aren't any teams who have money to throw around like that this off-season. As for the coaching situation, ifNellie does come back for his final year...I believe the W's will find a good coach, whether Keith Smart or Avery Johnson...Hell he isn't signed yet.We'll have to wait and see. Rowell would be insane not to resign Mullin as Executive again. We all know we wouldn't want another Gary St. Jeann onboard the Warriors office staff.

baron should just accept a new contract that pays around 10 a season. its not like he's hurting for money and it would allow the warriors sign players thatcould help.

yeah, i feel baron is wayyy over paid when compared to other top PGs (Nash,Parker,etc.) I'm not so sure giving him an extension would be the best idea.Baron is now what? 29?...don't get me wrong, he's still one helluva player, but his best years are behind him now.

with that said...i wish the warriors were in the playoffs
tired.gif

just cant seem to get into these games as much as i would like to

I dont like this Kawasaki cat....%$!%##$ asians shouldnt get an opinion on basketball

I hope you get banned

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Besides Jason Kidd making $20 Mill next season....Baron is making $17...while the rest of the best PG are making around $10. If I was Baron, I would be humble and just accept that $17 million because there aren't any teams who have money to throw around like that this off-season. As for the coaching situation, if Nellie does come back for his final year...I believe the W's will find a good coach, whether Keith Smart or Avery Johnson...Hell he isn't signed yet. We'll have to wait and see. Rowell would be insane not to resign Mullin as Executive again. We all know we wouldn't want another Gary St. Jeann on board the Warriors office staff.

Start the Smart Era! Or get Paul Silas
happy.gif
. Avery's a good coach but I'm still not sold. Yeah he won coach of the year but he makes brain-fartmistakes when it gets down to crunch time.
I'd rather have Mullin in our front office than St. Jean, that's for sure. Mullin has been pretty good as of late. I say we re-sign him.

And I'm just going to ignore cheezybaby for now. Sometimes he's funny and sometimes he says stupid
1zm33af.gif
... it's really hit or miss with that guy.

roll.gif
tired.gif

baron should just accept a new contract that pays around 10 a season. its not like he's hurting for money and it would allow the warriors sign players that could help.
yeah co-sign, anything more than that in a lengthy multi-year deal would be overpaying. if he stays on this team, he'll eventually turn intomore of a "role" player and just initiate the offense while Monta carries the load.
pimp.gif

Im sorry if i had offended any orientals in this ordeal... I just got very upset with Mr. Kawasaki's comments and his blatant hate for Jason Richardson

Warriors went 16-5 in their final 21 games with finally a full roster

Bobcats had a completely incompetent coach

Gerlad Wallace essentially missed half the season, Sean May missed all of it

to say Warriors wouldve been worse if they had J-Rich is cmpletely laughable

to blame J-Rich on the bobcats season is just plain unfair

lets look at it again

16-5 to end the season! add in the playoffs they were 21-11 to end the season with a full healthy roster...that can easily been like a 6th seed had they kepthim

How did Warriors end the season this year?

Kawasaki can suck Jasons dicck

For the 100th time... it was his contract
tired.gif
. That move HAD to be made.

If we could have kept J-Rich, we would have.

to say Warriors wouldve been worse in the long run if they had J-Rich this year is cmpletely true laughable
fixed.
smokin.gif

(and like paul already said, it's his contract, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with his game)

Im sorry if i had offended any orientals in this ordeal... I just got very upset with Mr. Kawasaki's comments and his blatant hate for Jason Richardson

Warriors went 16-5 in their final 21 games with finally a full roster

Bobcats had a completely incompetent coach

Gerlad Wallace essentially missed half the season, Sean May missed all of it

to blame J-Rich on the bobcats season is just plain unfair

lets look at it again

16-5 to end the season! add in the playoffs they were 21-11 to end the season with a full healthy roster...that can easily been like a 6th seed had they kept him

How did Warriors end the season this year?

Kawasaki can suck Jasons dicck

it's KAWAKAMI you gigantic bag of douche.

[h2]Checking in with Don Nelson: Sure sounds like he's coming back[/h2]
By Tim Kawakami
Thursday, May 15th, 2008 in NBA, Warriors
6 Comments »

Background info: I jumped on this issue today because I'd heard that Don Nelson was settling in on his decision to return to the Warriors next seasonfor the $5.1M left on his deal.

But I'd also heard that Don wanted the Warriors front office to officially name KeithSmart as his heir apparent as part of the process.

Which made sense to me, from Nellie's point of view. Don is a strong coach, yet he'll be a lame duck from the moment they start training camp. Plus,he loves to negotiate and he could argue that he was just looking out for his loyal aide here.

How much accountability will the players feel if they're already counting down the days of Nellie and there's nobody there set up for thelong-term?

I could very easily see Don wanting to put a line of succession in there to give some of the players a sense of continuity-if they screw up under Don, evenif it's Don's last season, Smart will be standing there to remember how they screwed up.

-I should add: It does not make sense from the Warriors' point of view. The coach, no matter who he is, does not pick his successor. Period. Ifigured this would be interesting…

So I called people at the Warriors: No such request from Nelson has been made, I was told. (And if it was made unofficially, I'm pretty sure theWarriors' brass would've said what I just typed in the last graf: They like Smart, but they'll decide the successor, not Nellie.)

To double-check, I called Nellie in Hawaii; he picked up the phone and confirmed that he is not asking for an official Smart-designation, though he made itclear he wants Smart to be the next guy.

Of course, it's his birthday, so I wished him happy 68th-Don certainly was in a good mood, with a party coming up tonight.

I've put the whole short interview in transcript form down below, but basically, the highlights:

* Don said he has talked with the Warriors about making Smart his designated successor, but said that he realizes he can't force that on the team.

* He's wily, so I think he meant to let it slip when I asked if Smart had gotten any head-coaching nibbles and how that mixed with Keith's contractbeing up this summer.

Don answered: "He'll be my assistant next season, so he's fine."

* It sure sounds like Don is coming back.

Now, I'm the last person to say anything involving a contract and Don Nelson is ever locked-up. Who knows what could happen… and how long it'll taketo happen, especially after the grueling stand-off/contract adjustment last summer.

But it sounds like Don already feels good enough about the situation to start preparing for next season, which is a long way ahead of where he was at thispoint last season (just finishing up the loss to Utah, as I recall-yep, just looked it up, clinching Game 5 loss was one year ago today, on Don's 67thbirthday).

Here's the short transcript… with DON NELSON.

-Question: Have you talked with the Warriors about making Keith Smart your officially designated successor, whenever that is?

-NELSON: Yeah… we've talked about that. That's really their decision. But I'd like to bring him along..

He'll be my assistant, anyway, if I'm there.

-Q: So you haven't made that part of your decision-making process-asking that Keith be named your successor?

-NELSON: That's up to them, up to ownership and Mully, those guys. I can only tell them Keith Smart is really good and I would hope they consider himwhen I leave. That's all l can do.

-Q: Would having Keith there as the designated guy make it easier for you to return?

-NELSON: No. That's up to the team, you know. I don't want to pull that kind of rank.

They have to be happy with who they finally hire to replace me. I wouldn't play that power game.

-Q: But if there's no line of succession, wouldn't you be some sort of lame duck the first day of next season?

-NELSON: Lame duck? (laughs) … No. I'm 68 years old today. I'm not going to be a lame duck. A one-year deal is no problem for me.

-Q: Do you know what you want to do?

-NELSON: I'm leaning one way or another. But I'll keep that to myself until I talk to the team.

-Q: How important is the opt-out, extension situation with Baron Davis?

-NELSON: That takes care of itself, those kinds of issues.

-Q: You sound like you've pretty much made up your mind. Could you announce something fairly soon about returning or not returning?

-NELSON: Yes. I'm not going to make them wait for a long period of time. I told them around July 1 I'd make my decision.

-Q: Could it be earlier than that?

-NELSON: Well, who knows?

-Q: So just to make it clear. You won't be asking for any kind of contractural adjustments to come back for next season?

-NELSON: No, that's got no bearing on anything.

-Q: Have you heard if Keith has received any interest from any of the teams with head-coaching vacancies?

-NELSON: No, that's Mully's thing. I wouldn't hear about things like that. I don't know.

-Q: Keith's not under contract now, is he?

-NELSON: Oh, I don't know. Keith will be my assistant next season, so he's fine.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think if Don Nelson commits this coming season, Mullin might as well use the season as a transition period for Keith Smart, giving him more responsibilities,evaluate him to see if he can handle full time.

Mullin should still look at the market to see if there's a better candidate. At the very least, the team would still be in good hands knowing that there isa backup plan if all else fails.

...Play Belinelli. come on! We need a PF, maybe Artest, Jermaine O' Neal, or Brand. Signing Ellis and Biedrins is a must.
by the way, can anyone make me a GS Warrior Avy? I've never had an avy before, nor don't know how to get one. please????

Back
Top Bottom