Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by lawinnn

...Play Belinelli. come on! We need a PF, maybe Artest, Jermaine O' Neal, or Brand. Signing Ellis and Biedrins is a must.
by the way, can anyone make me a GS Warrior Avy? I've never had an avy before, nor don't know how to get one. please????

Bellinelli needs to learn defense before he'll get steady PT. I would not put any money into Jermaine O'neal with how much he has damaged his knee through out the course of two seasons. Artest would be nice, BUT, he doesn't really fit.
i think Artest could def fit, he'd be an under-sized pf that can shoot jumpers and 3's.... hell, we'd prob even run him @ center

The W's already have an undersized power forward who can shoot jumpers and 3's (Yes he can.) in Al Harrington. Why would you want to go even smallerand sign another player who can't guard the big men in the west. Al Harrington will probably be gone on draft day...As for Baron and the rumors of himopting out. Again...No other guard besides Jason Kidd and the ridiculous contract he has isn't making close to 18 million. Baron...You are making 17.8million. CHILL. I wouldn't be surprised if the W's resign Pietrus.

Speaking of resigning, I created myself in NBA2k8 and I won't even resign back with the W's. Ridiculous crap.

Here's a throwback pic for all you old school warriors fans. I found this pic DEEP in my closet....

Look at how young donyell marshall looks...
roll.gif

nerd.gif
BJ Armstrong
nerd.gif
Donyell's Uptempos

PS - RETRO THOSE UNIFORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By far my fave logo and jersey scheme.

Originally Posted by big1236

Here's a throwback pic for all you old school warriors fans. I found this pic DEEP in my closet....

roll.gif

Dang, still remember Clifford Rozier is a foul prone dude that gets like 2 fouls in less than 5 mins and hit the bench with the quickness.
laugh.gif

Kevin Willis got those small hands and always let the ball slip through with the turnovers.
laugh.gif

Andrew Declercq with that 3 stooges haircut as a rookie always make me
laugh.gif

Jerome Kersey still
pimp.gif
despite dude was past his prime when he was withthe Warriors.

Bimbo that dude can't hit any shots from ANYWHERE.
laugh.gif

i was joking around with my friends the other day...knowing our luck, david stern will come out at tmr's lottery and declare that we aren't eligiblefor the lottery and give our spot to the hawks or something.

Yo, cheezy did get banned
laugh.gif
..by Method man though, i didn't know helurked in the Warriors thread
nerd.gif
unless someone hit the reportbutton
nerd.gif

Also, i might go to that NBA fan day in SF

Originally Posted by big1236

roll.gif

eek.gif
...Cliff Rozier, Rony Seikly, Joe Smith, Kevin Willis, Mully, AndrewDeclerq

Jerome Kersey, Jon Barry, Spree (
pimp.gif
), B.J., Bimbo, Donyell

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Yo, cheezy did get banned
laugh.gif
..by Method man though, i didn't know he lurked in the Warriors thread
nerd.gif
unless someone hit the report button
nerd.gif

Also, i might go to that NBA fan day in SF

CURTISSSSSSSSSSSS
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

POB: what could have been
tired.gif

Dang, Matt Barnes played well
eek.gif
?!

POB, re-sign with us
5be9gi.gif
. And if you decide to leave, sign a 1 year contract with another team and comeback to re-sign with us in a year. Nellie should be gone by then
happy.gif

seriously....
he played really well against Chris Kaman, who is a VERY solid center and he more than held his own. And I remember he definitely made an impact in thatgame..right after this game the Warriors signed freakin DJ Mbenga
laugh.gif
..whenpeople say he sucked in college and he's a bust, you can't tell me that he's gotten a fair chance in the NBA yet. i really hope here-signs....but....that's unlikely. and because he won't, it's such a waste of a draft pick
smh.gif
. stupid nellie.

[h1]Lower expectations in store for Warriors in draft lottery[/h1]

Jake Curtis, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

(05-19) 19:27 PDT -- Warriors fans ignoring the laws of probability might get butterflies before today's NBA lottery, excited by the notion that Golden State could land the No. 1 draft pick and a player who could turn the team into a contender.

Those with any mathematics background know better than to start ordering tickets for the NBA Finals, because the Warriors' chances of getting the No. 1 pick are 1-in-200. Furthermore, they have less than a 1-in-50 chance of landing one of the top three picks.

The simple fact is, the Warriors have more than a 98 percent chance of winding up with the 14th overall selection, which is the last of the so-called lottery picks

Instead of musing about how Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose or O.J. Mayo would look in a Warriors uniform, it makes more sense to consider the relative merits of lesser-known players - such as JaVale McGee, Kosta Koufos or Nicolas Batum - who might be around at No. 14.

Here's a look at the top prospects, grouped according to the likelihood they'll wear a Warriors jersey next season:
[h3]Forget about them[/h3]
The likely first and second overall picks, if not in this order:

Michael Beasley, 6-foot-9, power forward, Kansas State, age 19: Beasley's productivity is so effortless it sometimes seems he isn't going all out. NBA comparison: Carmelo Anthony.

Derrick Rose, 6-4, point guard, Memphis, 19: A versatile player with unusual strength for his position. NBA comparison: Jason Kidd.
[h3]In your dreams[/h3]
These players should be gone by pick No. 10:

O.J. Mayo, 6-4, point guard/shooting guard, USC, 20: He can play either guard position, can score in a variety of ways and has an NBA body. NBA comparison: Brandon Roy.

Brook Lopez, 7-0, center, Stanford, 20: The best center in the draft, Lopez can score, and he runs well for his size. NBA comparison: Chris Kaman.

Jerryd Bayless, 6-3, point guard, Arizona, 19: Excellent scorer who can penetrate or shoot from distance, but is not a true point guard. NBA comparison: Gilbert Arenas.

Eric Gordon, 6-2, point guard/shooting guard, Indiana, 19: Gordon has an NBA body and he can score on anybody. NBA comparison: Ray Allen.
[h3]Just out of reach?[/h3]
Players who could available if the Warriors trade up, or the players move down:

Kevin Love, 6-9, power forward, UCLA, 19: He has great fundamentals and has every skill, but lacks quickness and length. NBA comparison: Carlos Boozer.

Danilo Gallinari, 6-9, small forward, Italy, 19: The best international player in the draft, Gallinari has point-guard skills in a long, athletic body. NBA comparison: Hedo Turkoglu.

Anthony Randolph, 6-10, small forward, LSU, 18: Remarkably agile for his size, Randolph is oozing potential, but could be a bust. NBA comparison: Pao Gasol.
[h3]Most likely Warriors[/h3]
Top players who might be available at No. 14:

D.J. Augustin, 5-11, point guard, Texas, 20: Size is the only question with Augustin, the consummate point guard. NBA comparison: Jameer Nelson.

Russell Westbrook, 6-4, point guard/shooting guard, UCLA, 19: Good defender and excellent athlete who made vast improvement this year. NBA comparison: Leandro Barbosa.

DeAndre Jordan, 7-0, center, Texas A&M, 19: Varying opinions on Jordan, who has an NBA body but produced little as a freshman. NBA comparison: Kendrick Perkins.

JaVale McGee, 7-0, center, Nevada, 20: Long, athletic big man with loads of potential. NBA comparison: Andrew Bynum.

Joe Alexander, 6-8, small forward, West Virginia, 21: Improving, athletic wing man who might withdraw from the draft. NBA comparison: Tom Gugliotta.

Donte Green, 6-10, small forward, Syracuse, 20: Versatile scorer with potential. NBA comparison: Rashard Lewis.

Nicolas Batum, 6-8, small forward, France, 19: Raw, but skilled and athletic, with a chance to be special; could be the sleeper of the draft. NBA comparison: Rudy Gay.

Darrell Arthur, 6-9, power forward, Kansas, 20: Athletic big man who might thrive outside Kansas' restrictive system. NBA comparison: Antonio McDyess.

Kosta Koufos, 7-1, center, Ohio State, 19: Skilled, though not particularly athletic, big man with excellent shooting range. NBA comparison: Mehmet Okur.

Chase Budinger, 6-7, shooting guard, Arizona, 20: Great athlete who can shoot and score. NBA comparison: Jason Richardson.
[h3]Keep in mind ...[/h3]
Players who could be surprise picks in the top 14:

Alexis Ajinca, 7-1, center, France, 20: A skinny player with limited experience who might withdraw from the draft, but has the athleticism and intensity to be a star. NBA comparison: Kevin Garnett.

Robin Lopez, 7-0, center, Stanford, 20: Though still raw offensively, Lopez is a better athlete than twin brother Brook, and could be better than his brother in five years. NBA comparison: Anderson Varejao.

Jason Thompson, 6-11, power forward, Rider, 21: Mobile big man who can score but played against mediocre competition. NBA comparison: Joe Smith.

Nathan Jawai, 6-10, center, Australia, 21: An intriguing long-shot pick who has risen quickly as a physical inside player but has a long way to go. NBA comparison: Shaquille O'Neal.

Richmond, Warriors hope to make history in lottery. C3

[h3]NBA draft-lottery probabilities[/h3]
Here are the odds the Warriors, slotted 14th, face in trying to land the No. 1 pick in today's pingpong ball bonanza:
[table][tr][td]Team[/td] [td]Chances[/td] [td]Pick 1[/td] [td]Pick 2[/td] [td]Pick 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami[/td] [td]250[/td] [td]25.00%[/td] [td]21.47%[/td] [td]17.72%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]19.90%[/td] [td]18.78%[/td] [td]17.07%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]138[/td] [td]13.80%[/td] [td]14.24%[/td] [td]14.54%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Memphis[/td] [td]137[/td] [td]13.70%[/td] [td]14.16%[/td] [td]14.48%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New York[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]7.60%[/td] [td]8.44%[/td] [td]9.47%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L.A. Clippers[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]7.50%[/td] [td]8.33%[/td] [td]9.37%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Milwaukee[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]4.30%[/td] [td]4.93%[/td] [td]5.77%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Charlotte[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]2.80%[/td] [td]3.26%[/td] [td]3.87%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chicago[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]1.70%[/td] [td]2.00%[/td] [td]2.40%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Jersey[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1.10%[/td] [td]1.30%[/td] [td]1.57%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Indiana[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0.80%[/td] [td]0.95%[/td] [td]1.15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacramento[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0.70%[/td] [td]0.83%[/td] [td]1.01%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portland[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0.60%[/td] [td]0.71%[/td] [td]0.87%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Warriors[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0.50%[/td] [td]0.59%[/td] [td]0.72%[/td] [/tr][/table][h3]NBA draft lottery[/h3]
When: 5 p.m. Where: Secaucus, N.J.TV: ESPN

[h3]Lots o' luck[/h3]
-- Of the 16 times the Warriors have been in the lottery, they have improved their pre-draft position three times.

-- They have dropped seven times.

-- They have stayed in position six times.

-- The lowest-slotted team to move into one of the top three spots was Charlotte in 1999. The Hornets were in the 13th position but ended up with the No. 3 pick (choosing Baron Davis).

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Warriors can only go up in lottery[/h1]
0.5 PERCENT CHANCE OF GETTING TOP PICK

By Geoff Lepper
Bay Area News Group

Article Launched: 05/20/2008 01:34:51 AM PDT

Mitch Richmond sees no downside to his job at the NBA draft lottery today.

"I feel great about our chances," said Richmond, who will represent the Warriors when the envelopes are opened on ESPN. "We can't move down, so I feel good about that. I can't hurt us any more."

With the best record of any lottery team in history - and therefore the fewest chances to move up - there's a 98.19 percent chance the Warriors will maintain their status with the No. 14 pick. Richmond, director of player personnel, would then flash a quick smile at the cameras in the NBA's studio in Secaucus, N.J.

The actual lottery will be held roughly 90 minutes before ESPN's broadcast begins, with assistant general manager Pete D'Alessandro representing the Warriors as the pingpong balls are selected.

The Warriors have a 0.5 percent chance of claiming the top spot, a 0.59 percent chance of being No. 2 and a 0.72 percent chance of jumping into the third position. Any of those outcomes would significantly bolster a team that went 48-34 last season, and increase the pressure on Commissioner David Stern to adjust either the league's playoff qualification criteria or the lottery setup or both.

"If we move up, I have no problem with them doing it after us," Richmond said of any possible changes. "They can do whatever they want then."

Originally Posted by MJDaLegend

[table][tr][td]Team[/td] [td]Chances[/td] [td]Pick 1[/td] [td]Pick 2[/td] [td]Pick 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami[/td] [td]250[/td] [td]25.00%[/td] [td]21.47%[/td] [td]17.72%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]19.90%[/td] [td]18.78%[/td] [td]17.07%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]138[/td] [td]13.80%[/td] [td]14.24%[/td] [td]14.54%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Memphis[/td] [td]137[/td] [td]13.70%[/td] [td]14.16%[/td] [td]14.48%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New York[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]7.60%[/td] [td]8.44%[/td] [td]9.47%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L.A. Clippers[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]7.50%[/td] [td]8.33%[/td] [td]9.37%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Milwaukee[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]4.30%[/td] [td]4.93%[/td] [td]5.77%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Charlotte[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]2.80%[/td] [td]3.26%[/td] [td]3.87%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chicago[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]1.70%[/td] [td]2.00%[/td] [td]2.40%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Jersey[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1.10%[/td] [td]1.30%[/td] [td]1.57%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Indiana[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0.80%[/td] [td]0.95%[/td] [td]1.15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacramento[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0.70%[/td] [td]0.83%[/td] [td]1.01%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portland[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0.60%[/td] [td]0.71%[/td] [td]0.87%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Warriors[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0.50%[/td] [td]0.59%[/td] [td]0.72%[/td] [/tr][/table][h3]NBA draft lottery[/h3]
When: 5 p.m. Where: Secaucus, N.J.TV: ESPN
Here are the odds the Warriors, slotted 14th, face in trying to land the No. 1 pick in today's pingpong ball bonanza:NBA draft-lottery probabilities
[h3]Lots o' luck[/h3]
-- Of the 16 times the Warriors have been in the lottery, they have improved their pre-draft position three times.

-- They have dropped seven times.

-- They have stayed in position six times.

-- The lowest-slotted team to move into one of the top three spots was Charlotte in 1999. The Hornets were in the 13th position but ended up with the No. 3 pick (choosing Baron Davis).

1) Well we can't drop any further, so that's a minor win.

2) Maybe there's a connection that will bring some luck.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by lawinnn

...Play Belinelli. come on! We need a PF, maybe Artest, Jermaine O' Neal, or Brand. Signing Ellis and Biedrins is a must.
by the way, can anyone make me a GS Warrior Avy? I've never had an avy before, nor don't know how to get one. please????

Bellinelli needs to learn defense before he'll get steady PT. I would not put any money into Jermaine O'neal with how much he has damaged his knee through out the course of two seasons. Artest would be nice, BUT, he doesn't really fit.
i think Artest could def fit, he'd be an under-sized pf that can shoot jumpers and 3's.... hell, we'd prob even run him @ center

The W's already have an undersized power forward who can shoot jumpers and 3's (Yes he can.) in Al Harrington. Why would you want to go even smaller and sign another player who can't guard the big men in the west. Al Harrington will probably be gone on draft day...As for Baron and the rumors of him opting out. Again...No other guard besides Jason Kidd and the ridiculous contract he has isn't making close to 18 million. Baron...You are making 17.8 million. CHILL. I wouldn't be surprised if the W's resign Pietrus.

Speaking of resigning, I created myself in NBA2k8 and I won't even resign back with the W's. Ridiculous crap.
Harrington might as well be a sg he's so soft and cant play a lick of defense. Artest at pf>>>>>>>Harrington is all I'msaying.... but I really hope we start Wright at PF this season.... if we could land a better SF do that too..... I like SJax, but he's not a person whoshould be a main option imo... BD Monta Artest (?) Wright Beidrens

Back
Top Bottom