Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

laugh.gif

Aight man.

You don't know who JLC is but you can judge who is a threat and whos not.

You got it.
De La Hoya was completely washed up when he fought Mayweather, you and I both know that.
Ricky Hatton wasn't moving anyone and even the casul fight fan knew he didn't stand a chance against Floyd.
Shane Mosley, sure that fight would have been great, if they would of fought 10 years earlier.
Victor Ortiz? Really?.....No I am serious, really?

Apparently Vegas odds makers agree with me on this, just look up the odds on the fights.

I am man enough to admit when I don't know who a fighter is, which I did with the first three fighters listed. I clearly stated I wasn't a hard-core boxing enthusiast, so credibility was never a question DaComeUP.

JLC came the closest nh
who did pac fight that was threat though?

not much names in welterweight, and most of them just that.  names.

the big 2 floyd and pac are like a lbj and kobe.  the rest are like elton brands or paul pierces.

sergio is a ray allen or a dirk lol.

JLC came the closest nh
who did pac fight that was threat though?

not much names in welterweight, and most of them just that.  names.

the big 2 floyd and pac are like a lbj and kobe.  the rest are like elton brands or paul pierces.

sergio is a ray allen or a dirk lol.

How long did it take for Shane to call out May for him to finally fight? If ya'll gon say Pac is doing that with JMM then call a spade a spade cause Floyd had BEEN ducking Shane for years!

And ya'll just gon act like ya'll forgot what Pac did to Cotto, when Floyd was ducking Cotto too?

How long did it take for Shane to call out May for him to finally fight? If ya'll gon say Pac is doing that with JMM then call a spade a spade cause Floyd had BEEN ducking Shane for years!

And ya'll just gon act like ya'll forgot what Pac did to Cotto, when Floyd was ducking Cotto too?

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Um... May was not ducking Shane, he was doing to Shane what Shane did to him. When Shane was on top of the world and May challenged him, Shane dust him off like he was a peasant then when the roles were reversed May did the same to Shane. Also, do you think Pac's victories vs Shane, De La Hoya, and Hatton, deserve praise? When May fought Shane, Shane had a huge victory against Margarito and looked great . When May fought De la Hoya, Hoya was in great condition and could have beaten majority in his class. Hatton was undefeated and have never really been in trouble. I don't know why dudes always try to take away what May has accomplished. But when you are the champion and undefeated people always say you haven't fought anyone. May is 34 and just dominated a 24 year old and it's still not good enough for you haters. And it's funny how you dudes talk +%*% like y'all can throw hands with him. 
laugh.gif

Um... May was not ducking Shane, he was doing to Shane what Shane did to him. When Shane was on top of the world and May challenged him, Shane dust him off like he was a peasant then when the roles were reversed May did the same to Shane. Also, do you think Pac's victories vs Shane, De La Hoya, and Hatton, deserve praise? When May fought Shane, Shane had a huge victory against Margarito and looked great . When May fought De la Hoya, Hoya was in great condition and could have beaten majority in his class. Hatton was undefeated and have never really been in trouble. I don't know why dudes always try to take away what May has accomplished. But when you are the champion and undefeated people always say you haven't fought anyone. May is 34 and just dominated a 24 year old and it's still not good enough for you haters. And it's funny how you dudes talk +%*% like y'all can throw hands with him. 
laugh.gif

Say what you want about Floyd outside of the ring and how he "acts" (I personally detest him) but dudes craftsmanship and technique along with his mental makeup and physical gifts make him incredibly tuff to beat. I always used to pray that whoever he fought would demolish him years ago but I had to just be real with myself and appreciate his artwork. Sometimes in any respective field you have artist or business people that are so good and masterful at what they do that out of sheer love of the art form you have to give them their due for how they perform. His reflexes are seriously on another level and it's rather scarey. He puts his body and hands in such technically sound positions when he fights i'd head butt that motha$#^%@ too. I honestly think he would beat Pacman but I want Pac to win just because I wanna see how Mayweather reacts to a loss.

Say what you want about Floyd outside of the ring and how he "acts" (I personally detest him) but dudes craftsmanship and technique along with his mental makeup and physical gifts make him incredibly tuff to beat. I always used to pray that whoever he fought would demolish him years ago but I had to just be real with myself and appreciate his artwork. Sometimes in any respective field you have artist or business people that are so good and masterful at what they do that out of sheer love of the art form you have to give them their due for how they perform. His reflexes are seriously on another level and it's rather scarey. He puts his body and hands in such technically sound positions when he fights i'd head butt that motha$#^%@ too. I honestly think he would beat Pacman but I want Pac to win just because I wanna see how Mayweather reacts to a loss.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Um... May was not ducking Shane, he was doing to Shane what Shane did to him. When Shane was on top of the world and May challenged him, Shane dust him off like he was a peasant then when the roles were reversed May did the same to Shane. Also, do you think Pac's victories vs Shane, De La Hoya, and Hatton, deserve praise? When May fought Shane, Shane had a huge victory against Margarito and looked great . When May fought De la Hoya, Hoya was in great condition and could have beaten majority in his class. Hatton was undefeated and have never really been in trouble. I don't know why dudes always try to take away what May has accomplished. But when you are the champion and undefeated people always say you haven't fought anyone. May is 34 and just dominated a 24 year old and it's still not good enough for you haters.
laugh.gif
LOL. I'm not taking anything away from his actual fights, but from the fights that he COULD HAVE had but instead ducked like a ___. PBF vs Cotto SHOULD'VE happened.

Um... May was not ducking Shane, he was doing to Shane what Shane did to him. When Shane was on top of the world and May challenged him, Shane dust him off like he was a peasant then when the roles were reversed May did the same to Shane. Also, do you think Pac's victories vs Shane, De La Hoya, and Hatton, deserve praise? When May fought Shane, Shane had a huge victory against Margarito and looked great . When May fought De la Hoya, Hoya was in great condition and could have beaten majority in his class. Hatton was undefeated and have never really been in trouble. I don't know why dudes always try to take away what May has accomplished. But when you are the champion and undefeated people always say you haven't fought anyone. May is 34 and just dominated a 24 year old and it's still not good enough for you haters.
laugh.gif
LOL. I'm not taking anything away from his actual fights, but from the fights that he COULD HAVE had but instead ducked like a ___. PBF vs Cotto SHOULD'VE happened.

as a boxing fan...i disliked how the fight turned out.

as a mayweather fan, i wouldn't put it past him to do such a thing because at the end of the day, he does what he has to legally to get the W

if anyone is to blame here, its the ref. If he felt what Mayweather did was wrong, he should have took a point or 2 off mayweather, and let them continue the fight.

Ortiz is a young idiot for letting that happen.

at the end of the day, i think it was fixed.

as a boxing fan...i disliked how the fight turned out.

as a mayweather fan, i wouldn't put it past him to do such a thing because at the end of the day, he does what he has to legally to get the W

if anyone is to blame here, its the ref. If he felt what Mayweather did was wrong, he should have took a point or 2 off mayweather, and let them continue the fight.

Ortiz is a young idiot for letting that happen.

at the end of the day, i think it was fixed.

laugh.gif
Margarito don't deserve *!!*, he's a cheater. But anyway, May was prepared to fight either Cotto or Margarito. But Cotto lost to Margarito and Margarito lost to Shane that's why May fought Shane. 

laugh.gif
Margarito don't deserve *!!*, he's a cheater. But anyway, May was prepared to fight either Cotto or Margarito. But Cotto lost to Margarito and Margarito lost to Shane that's why May fought Shane. 

Bottom line IMHO:

Ortiz the underdog rookie vs Floyd """"MONEY"""" Mayweather.

First, I DONT CARE WHO you are, but once i see someone swinging at me, my defense mechanism kicks in and just automatically puts my hands up. Ortiz failed with rookie mistakes. Mayweather is too fast and smart for Ortiz.

Second, Ortiz panicked so he did the elbows/headbutts. Mayweather did the "cheapshot" obviously because he didn't want to risk his undftd record. Yeah unsportmanship like conduct on both parties, but man when your in a ring, you want to win...This is not a game.

Third, that ref needs to retire. My personal fave ref is Kenny Bayless, which should of AT LEAST been the dude officiating this match.

Fourth, People, like me, who hate Mayweather will always cheer for the other dude, but I didn't really care who won this fight because if Floyd lost this, there won't be a Pacquiao-Mayweather.
Mayweather is a goodass boxer I don't care who you are...

Anyways,
Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Let's see it happen. I doubt this fight will ever happen...But In my opinion you can't tell....
Manny is just beast, but most of the fighters he fought are brawlers, except Clottey. Now if he faces the "duck and dodger" all he gotta do is throw 100 punches of fury and keep Mayweather on the ropes. Mayweather is fast!! and he can see punches coming, but let's see how this is agaisnt Manny.

Khan wants Mayweather more than Pacquiao. Maybe next year. Khan agrees to anything and money, he don't care he just wants the glory of taking out his Undftd record. Look it up...

Bottom line IMHO:

Ortiz the underdog rookie vs Floyd """"MONEY"""" Mayweather.

First, I DONT CARE WHO you are, but once i see someone swinging at me, my defense mechanism kicks in and just automatically puts my hands up. Ortiz failed with rookie mistakes. Mayweather is too fast and smart for Ortiz.

Second, Ortiz panicked so he did the elbows/headbutts. Mayweather did the "cheapshot" obviously because he didn't want to risk his undftd record. Yeah unsportmanship like conduct on both parties, but man when your in a ring, you want to win...This is not a game.

Third, that ref needs to retire. My personal fave ref is Kenny Bayless, which should of AT LEAST been the dude officiating this match.

Fourth, People, like me, who hate Mayweather will always cheer for the other dude, but I didn't really care who won this fight because if Floyd lost this, there won't be a Pacquiao-Mayweather.
Mayweather is a goodass boxer I don't care who you are...

Anyways,
Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Let's see it happen. I doubt this fight will ever happen...But In my opinion you can't tell....
Manny is just beast, but most of the fighters he fought are brawlers, except Clottey. Now if he faces the "duck and dodger" all he gotta do is throw 100 punches of fury and keep Mayweather on the ropes. Mayweather is fast!! and he can see punches coming, but let's see how this is agaisnt Manny.

Khan wants Mayweather more than Pacquiao. Maybe next year. Khan agrees to anything and money, he don't care he just wants the glory of taking out his Undftd record. Look it up...

I'm so pissed I wasn't able to watch/post, but honestly it was for the best. I would've hit my post limit.

After reading all this I only mess with Brolic, Goldenchild, Retro and a few others. Nothing but foolishness and bias from the rest of you.

Most of you are typing but not reading/watching with a keen eye. Look at those gifs Goldenchild, RIDICULOUS skill/ talent.

I hope very soon we can't put this Mayweather vs. Pacquiao thing to rest, and by that I mean Money putting Pac to sleep, to fights in a row at that.

That way there will be no question as to who is the better boxer.

I'm so pissed I wasn't able to watch/post, but honestly it was for the best. I would've hit my post limit.

After reading all this I only mess with Brolic, Goldenchild, Retro and a few others. Nothing but foolishness and bias from the rest of you.

Most of you are typing but not reading/watching with a keen eye. Look at those gifs Goldenchild, RIDICULOUS skill/ talent.

I hope very soon we can't put this Mayweather vs. Pacquiao thing to rest, and by that I mean Money putting Pac to sleep, to fights in a row at that.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

laugh.gif

Aight man.

You got it.
De La Hoya was completely washed up when he fought Mayweather, you and I both know that.
Ricky Hatton wasn't moving anyone and even the casul fight fan knew he didn't stand a chance against Floyd.
Shane Mosley, sure that fight would have been great, if they would of fought 10 years earlier.

Apparently Vegas odds makers agree with me on this, just look up the odds on the fights.

I am man enough to admit when I don't know who a fighter is, which I did with the first three fighters listed. I clearly stated I wasn't a hard-core boxing enthusiast, so credibility was never a question DaComeUP.

Floyd fought DLH at 154 no catch weight-----------Pac fought DLH after Floyd beat DLH and Manny forced a catchweight at 147 
Ricky Hatton was undefeated Floyd beat him-----------------------Pac fought Hatton 2 years after Floyd beat Hatton

Shane Mosley was ranked #3 pound for pound in the world after destroying Margarito--------Pac fought Mosley a year later Mosley was done/old

Juan Manuel Marquez was outboxed for 12 rounds Floyd made it look very easy------------Pac barely beat Marquez and 1 draw

So Pac is just fighting Mayweathers leftovers 

and Genaro Hernandez (RIP) was a better fighter that Floyd fought that Pac never fought

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

laugh.gif

Aight man.

You got it.

Floyd fought DLH at 154 no catch weight-----------Pac fought DLH after Floyd beat DLH and Manny forced a catchweight at 147 
Ricky Hatton was undefeated Floyd beat him-----------------------Pac fought Hatton 2 years after Floyd beat Hatton

Shane Mosley was ranked #3 pound for pound in the world after destroying Margarito--------Pac fought Mosley a year later Mosley was done/old

Juan Manuel Marquez was outboxed for 12 rounds Floyd made it look very easy------------Pac barely beat Marquez and 1 draw

So Pac is just fighting Mayweathers leftovers 

and Genaro Hernandez (RIP) was a better fighter that Floyd fought that Pac never fought

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Oh the irony 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Oh the irony 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
Margarito don't deserve %%$%, he's a cheater. But anyway, May was prepared to fight either Cotto or Margarito. But Cotto lost to Margarito and Margarito lost to Shane that's why May fought Shane. 

Just stop. PBF KO'd Hatton in December '07. When asked who his next opponent would be whether it was Cotto, Margs, or Punisher we didn't get an answer. What we got was an announcement of his retirement. Floyd ducked all three. Months later Pac beats JMM in their rematch then David Diaz 3 months after that, then DLH to end the year. When PAC obliterated DLH in a fashion that Floyd didn't, added with the fact that Floyd retired, that's when media started to proclaim PAC as the best. And then he destroyed Hatton in 2 when it took 10 for Floyd, then folks say Hatton was done despite the fact his only loss headed to his fight with PAC was his L to Floyd. PBF then beat JMM convincingly leading folks to believe he's still the best but then Manny manhandles a 1 loss Cotto who hasn't lost since. Basically what we have are the two best in the world that for multiple reasons, with each camp at fault, have not fought each other yet when it would only make sense to do so.

laugh.gif
Margarito don't deserve %%$%, he's a cheater. But anyway, May was prepared to fight either Cotto or Margarito. But Cotto lost to Margarito and Margarito lost to Shane that's why May fought Shane. 

Just stop. PBF KO'd Hatton in December '07. When asked who his next opponent would be whether it was Cotto, Margs, or Punisher we didn't get an answer. What we got was an announcement of his retirement. Floyd ducked all three. Months later Pac beats JMM in their rematch then David Diaz 3 months after that, then DLH to end the year. When PAC obliterated DLH in a fashion that Floyd didn't, added with the fact that Floyd retired, that's when media started to proclaim PAC as the best. And then he destroyed Hatton in 2 when it took 10 for Floyd, then folks say Hatton was done despite the fact his only loss headed to his fight with PAC was his L to Floyd. PBF then beat JMM convincingly leading folks to believe he's still the best but then Manny manhandles a 1 loss Cotto who hasn't lost since. Basically what we have are the two best in the world that for multiple reasons, with each camp at fault, have not fought each other yet when it would only make sense to do so.

Back
Top Bottom