Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

you dudes know a lot about boxing, way more than me anyway. But watching that fight I only thought one thing.

If Mayweather lets Manny get him on the ropes like the gif above Manny is going to destroy him. Don't get me wrong I think floyd will when. Nut if that happens Manny has a shot. Because Manny is way more accurate than Ortiz is and Manny will land punches close like that. aM i WRONG???
Thats apart of Floyds game playing possum up against the ropes. Remember thats how he set up Hatton and dropped him. Pac is a fast simultaneous puncher with more accuracy and power yeah. But i see him falling victim to what happened to Hatton.

Yo y'all dudes are comedy.

Barrera and Morales are featherweights. Floyd is naturally 20 pounds heavier than both men. There were never even rumors or whispers about any of them mixing it up.

Chico (R.I.P.) was one of the hottest names in boxing in the late 90's, Floyd knocked him down five times and Jose Luis Castillo is a Hall of Fame bound fighter. There is no one alive in the last decade that is seein Floyd talent wise, so anyone you put against him is gonna seem like less than they really are. Look at what he did to Marquez, weight advantage or not.

I just want to see the Pacquiao fight and a Martinez fight to cap off his career.

Maybe when he retires people will finally recognize the caliber of fighter/athlete that he was.

Yo y'all dudes are comedy.

Barrera and Morales are featherweights. Floyd is naturally 20 pounds heavier than both men. There were never even rumors or whispers about any of them mixing it up.

Chico (R.I.P.) was one of the hottest names in boxing in the late 90's, Floyd knocked him down five times and Jose Luis Castillo is a Hall of Fame bound fighter. There is no one alive in the last decade that is seein Floyd talent wise, so anyone you put against him is gonna seem like less than they really are. Look at what he did to Marquez, weight advantage or not.

I just want to see the Pacquiao fight and a Martinez fight to cap off his career.

Maybe when he retires people will finally recognize the caliber of fighter/athlete that he was.

^ Like somebody said in a boxing thread on another site "I guess next y'all gone say Floyd is ducking Ivan Calderon too." It really is comical.

^ Like somebody said in a boxing thread on another site "I guess next y'all gone say Floyd is ducking Ivan Calderon too." It really is comical.

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

you dudes know a lot about boxing, way more than me anyway. But watching that fight I only thought one thing.

If Mayweather lets Manny get him on the ropes like the gif above Manny is going to destroy him. Don't get me wrong I think floyd will when. Nut if that happens Manny has a shot. Because Manny is way more accurate than Ortiz is and Manny will land punches close like that. aM i WRONG???
Thats apart of Floyds game playing possum up against the ropes. Remember thats how he set up Hatton and dropped him. Pac is a fast simultaneous puncher with more accuracy and power yeah. But i see him falling victim to what happened to Hatton.

Yea but Manny's chin is better than Hattan's, Margorito landed a clean Uppercut  on Manny and Manny didn't move. He has a better chance than I thought he did before I seen the fight sat. But Mayweather still has the upper hand in my opinion. I just pray they fight because I have to see that fight. Plus I want to hear the excuses if floyd wins... From all of floyd's haters.
laugh.gif

Yea but Manny's chin is better than Hattan's, Margorito landed a clean Uppercut  on Manny and Manny didn't move. He has a better chance than I thought he did before I seen the fight sat. But Mayweather still has the upper hand in my opinion. I just pray they fight because I have to see that fight. Plus I want to hear the excuses if floyd wins... From all of floyd's haters.
laugh.gif

please this dude hand picked every single one of his soft fights and gets tons of credit for it 
laugh.gif
 the guy is an amazing talent there is no disputing that but to me he has never faced any top rated boxer in their prime that you were like wow i need to watch this fight. his list compared to manny's is just a joke.

please this dude hand picked every single one of his soft fights and gets tons of credit for it 
laugh.gif
 the guy is an amazing talent there is no disputing that but to me he has never faced any top rated boxer in their prime that you were like wow i need to watch this fight. his list compared to manny's is just a joke.

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

goldenchild you got the clip where in the midde of the ring floyd threw like 6 shots in a row? think it was in the 3rd round maybe early 4th

You already know Bigmike

8 )

- What boxing fanatics have been waiting to see from Mayweather forever...Punches in bunches. 
pimp.gif
Damb good post! Those punches were insane 
pimp.gif
 I'm surprised ortiz did not fall down from those. Please tell me this is sped up a lil? 
laugh.gif
 That boy floyd is a beast!

laugh.gif
Of course it's sped up. Look at the clock, those are not seconds, those are half-seconds.
laugh.gif
Referee jumping all quickly like a bunny rabbit.

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

goldenchild you got the clip where in the midde of the ring floyd threw like 6 shots in a row? think it was in the 3rd round maybe early 4th

You already know Bigmike

8 )

- What boxing fanatics have been waiting to see from Mayweather forever...Punches in bunches. 
pimp.gif
Damb good post! Those punches were insane 
pimp.gif
 I'm surprised ortiz did not fall down from those. Please tell me this is sped up a lil? 
laugh.gif
 That boy floyd is a beast!

laugh.gif
Of course it's sped up. Look at the clock, those are not seconds, those are half-seconds.
laugh.gif
Referee jumping all quickly like a bunny rabbit.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

laugh.gif

Oh god $%@+Let's not pretend pacquaio didn't fight 3 of the same fighters after floyd and let's not pretend Ortiz was not just champion Saturday morning

laugh.gif

Oh god $%@+Let's not pretend pacquaio didn't fight 3 of the same fighters after floyd and let's not pretend Ortiz was not just champion Saturday morning

Thanks goldenchild for the gifs 
pimp.gif
 you gif(t) wrap these folks actual video evidence, but I'm sure they'll still find some way to discredit Money May.

Folks just need to say that they don't like him. That's fine. But all these excuses are foolish

Thanks goldenchild for the gifs 
pimp.gif
 you gif(t) wrap these folks actual video evidence, but I'm sure they'll still find some way to discredit Money May.

Folks just need to say that they don't like him. That's fine. But all these excuses are foolish

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

laugh.gif

lets not pretend may never fought david diaz,miguel cotto,antonio margarito,erik morales,antonio barrera,juan manuel marquez in his prime. and joshua clottey. who did may fight,arturo gatti 
indifferent.gif
 zab judah 
indifferent.gif
 carlos baldomir 
roll.gif

chop chop corley 
laugh.gif
 and dont even say juan luis lopez who actually lost to alfonso gomez 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

laugh.gif

lets not pretend may never fought david diaz,miguel cotto,antonio margarito,erik morales,antonio barrera,juan manuel marquez in his prime. and joshua clottey. who did may fight,arturo gatti 
indifferent.gif
 zab judah 
indifferent.gif
 carlos baldomir 
roll.gif

chop chop corley 
laugh.gif
 and dont even say juan luis lopez who actually lost to alfonso gomez 
roll.gif

How did Ortiz even show he was worthy to fight Mayweather? Dude had no chance. This fight should have never happened at this time.

How did Ortiz even show he was worthy to fight Mayweather? Dude had no chance. This fight should have never happened at this time.

go look at mays resume,its c- at best. lets see the two fighters that gave may a threat were diego corales and jose luis castillo.not one fight with the erik morales ,barrera,or juan manuel marquez at the time,which pac was busy with in their prime.unlike roy jones who really had no top quality fighters in his weight class,may had tons just for some reason never fought them. now you tell me how can you be the greatest when you never fought the best contenders?
shuddup bro... you sound dumb, hes now 42-0 i dont care if forty of those were amateur... hes never lost for a reason

i hate the Pac fanboys that cant jus accept that in a sport where the outcome is left to judges half the time the man hasnt lost in goin on 2 decades
laugh.gif

btw morales/gatti are interchangable, clottey/cotto/margarito? y? give me one logical reason to take any of those fights and ill change my tune...
these dudes arnt champions... those dudes arent dominant... so when he would wipe the floor with one of them itd b "o he was supposed to" but if he lost its "OMG most ovverated ever"

THAT is why may "ducked" a few of the punchers that trolls like u wanted to see him fight... the manny fight will eventually happen and we can end this foolishness for good

go look at mays resume,its c- at best. lets see the two fighters that gave may a threat were diego corales and jose luis castillo.not one fight with the erik morales ,barrera,or juan manuel marquez at the time,which pac was busy with in their prime.unlike roy jones who really had no top quality fighters in his weight class,may had tons just for some reason never fought them. now you tell me how can you be the greatest when you never fought the best contenders?
shuddup bro... you sound dumb, hes now 42-0 i dont care if forty of those were amateur... hes never lost for a reason

i hate the Pac fanboys that cant jus accept that in a sport where the outcome is left to judges half the time the man hasnt lost in goin on 2 decades
laugh.gif

btw morales/gatti are interchangable, clottey/cotto/margarito? y? give me one logical reason to take any of those fights and ill change my tune...
these dudes arnt champions... those dudes arent dominant... so when he would wipe the floor with one of them itd b "o he was supposed to" but if he lost its "OMG most ovverated ever"

THAT is why may "ducked" a few of the punchers that trolls like u wanted to see him fight... the manny fight will eventually happen and we can end this foolishness for good

laugh.gif

Lol I don't come to this thread much because many people in here no boxing knowledge whatsoever. They just started watching boxing in 2005.
First off Manny has been stopped cold twice in his career so let's not say Manny has a good chin. Also Antonio Margarito never stopped a decent boxer without the help of plaster which he do not have against Shane Mosley or Manny.

Second Mayweather uses the ropes to set up counter punches and check left hook. Manny will need to box Mayweather to win that fight. If he goes in thinking "i'm going to knock Mayweather out." like Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Victor Ortiz, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldimor, and Arturo Gatti did he will be beaten just like the rest.

laugh.gif

Lol I don't come to this thread much because many people in here no boxing knowledge whatsoever. They just started watching boxing in 2005.
First off Manny has been stopped cold twice in his career so let's not say Manny has a good chin. Also Antonio Margarito never stopped a decent boxer without the help of plaster which he do not have against Shane Mosley or Manny.

Second Mayweather uses the ropes to set up counter punches and check left hook. Manny will need to box Mayweather to win that fight. If he goes in thinking "i'm going to knock Mayweather out." like Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Victor Ortiz, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldimor, and Arturo Gatti did he will be beaten just like the rest.

Man.....Manny fought NOBODIES for his first 40 fights.

He fought walking stiffs that have never done anything in the sport for his first 35 fights. The first "fighter with a name" that he fought was "Agapito Sanchez" and that ended in a draw due to a cut

The only threats he has ever fought were Morales, Barrera, Marquez and Cotto. JMM & Erik (an old Morales) both smashed on him and Barrera was already 69 fights into his career at that point. The best fight of his career was that Cotto fight, that was a great performance....and not to take away anything from what he did in that fight but they made MAC fight at a 145 catch weight and he was already mentally and physically scarred from the Margacheato assault.

With all of those walk in the parks to start his career, he still has 3 Ls and 2 draws.

Man.....Manny fought NOBODIES for his first 40 fights.

He fought walking stiffs that have never done anything in the sport for his first 35 fights. The first "fighter with a name" that he fought was "Agapito Sanchez" and that ended in a draw due to a cut

The only threats he has ever fought were Morales, Barrera, Marquez and Cotto. JMM & Erik (an old Morales) both smashed on him and Barrera was already 69 fights into his career at that point. The best fight of his career was that Cotto fight, that was a great performance....and not to take away anything from what he did in that fight but they made MAC fight at a 145 catch weight and he was already mentally and physically scarred from the Margacheato assault.

With all of those walk in the parks to start his career, he still has 3 Ls and 2 draws.

Back
Top Bottom