Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Yeah, screw them!!! They don't show any of us love either! haha

Sadly, I think it's because of the number of subscribers you have, it's growing, which is great! You just need to do some giveaways and start having hot girls appear on your channel :pimp:  That should do that trick :smile:

I'm glad you don't do all that click bait crap....it's starting to get annoying. Good on you man!

The day I clickbait is the day I've lost myself lol.

The day I clickbait is the day I've lost myself lol.

Hate to push you in this direction but I follow a few YouTubers and I'm telling you, majority of the successful ones use click bait. Its annoying but it does generate views which technically is your goal on YouTube. I don't know how you'd clickbait with sneakers but that's a different issue.

Hate to push you in this direction but I follow a few YouTubers and I'm telling you, majority of the successful ones use click bait. Its annoying but it does generate views which technically is your goal on YouTube. I don't know how you'd clickbait with sneakers but that's a different issue.

Yeah definitely, but it's a disturbing trend that I want no part of tbh. YT is a platform I use for creative expression, it will never replace my normal career and just something I wanted to check off my bucket list before life catches up and I have zero time for it, you know?

Yeah definitely, but it's a disturbing trend that I want no part of tbh. YT is a platform I use for creative expression, it will never replace my normal career and just something I wanted to check off my bucket list before life catches up and I have zero time for it, you know?
Good stuff man.

I sure hope Livestock's raffle is legit because I got a $50 parking ticket when I was at the Roncesvalle store.
You must be really unlucky. I parked in that "private" lot beside some school. I was in and out 5 minutes tops. Even had time to check out the store.

Everyone's already doing that clickbait crap (from the OG's to the new wannabes). Variety/innovation is key - Its good that you carved your own lane... kinda reminds me of Jacques Slade.

To be fair, I met the Sneakertalk guy in person before, he's a cool kid. Just not a fan of some of the video's he puts out like 'My Yeezy's are fake?!' 'My BAPE Hoodie is fake?! I got exposed?!' I do have to admit, I watch alot of his videos. Currently he may'be the biggest Toronto sneaker Youtuber. If you do a quick 'Toronto Sneakers' search. His video is the first to popup.

I get that he needs content to continue growing in his channel. But that kind of clickbait stuff, just puts me off. On the otherhand, I don't know how the Youtube affiliatiion works. May'be s2doubleU, and Sean Go can chime in on that type of stuff.

On the matter of 6ixReviews and Sneakertalk getting Yeezy's early through a plug, for sure they are. Because I've noticed for the past 2 Yeezy releases. 6ixreviews will drop his Yeezy Zebra/Bred review the morning of the big release. 

Since we're talking about YouTube, I really like Sean's stuff a lot. I mean I feel there is a bit of market saturation in Toronto right now between S2DoubleU, Pixelated, and Sean.

Sean has the best English which I find important, he doesn't try too hard in throwing slangs. I find Pixelated throws a lot of slangs and it doesn't resonate with me as a viewer, especially when it is a voice over. Plus his style of dancing around on the floor like he's a candy raver doesn't appeal to me either.

Definitely don't quit your day job. My brother and I are influencers and we get invited to a lot of events. But neither of us really focus on YouTube, it's too much time. We only do Twitter, blog, and Instagram. Your biggest challenge is how you can broaden your appeal into different industries. A lot of food bloggers are pigeon hole into that content, fashion bloggers, same deal. We've been able to get invited to food, restaurants, alcohol tastings, shoes, fashion shows, cars, and now tourism. 

I don't think we can ever quit our day jobs with pension and benefits on social media.  The monetization is not there. Only recently my brother is getting paid contracts with big brands. But in the past, the best you can expect is free stuff. 

That's my 2 cents on the whole thing.

Last edited:
Yeah Adidas head office gonna send their extremely limited Yeezy v2 zebra to some kid for review because it needs more exposure LOL.
Only person I know for sure that gets free stuff is Jay Strut.

He's a big deal in the fashion world, along with the Korean guy with blonde hair. 

Jay gets free stuff from Hermes and Chanel when he's at Paris Fashion Shows, so Adidas is small potatoe

Last edited:
FCFS probably, get ready to deal with the fkery of ghost chairs lol.

My friend who lined up at HAVEN for the Masters got a big fail. Eventhough he went before midnight, he didn't get a pair as when the doors opened..there were like suddenly 30 people in front of him. :smh:

It seems what they do now is prep on Friday store closing and then take a selfie of all the people in the initial line and they go home. I'm not sure if this is 100% true but that's a newer lazier way to camp than just ghost chairs.

Old school camping is you being physically there with a few bathroom and foodbreaks but not hours to go home and enjoy the comfort of your bed. You need to work for the shoes...not just drop a chair and take selfie.

If that's the new norm then I'll put a chair on Thursday and take a selfie...that makes it earlier than their stupid Friday selfie :evil:

My friend who lined up at HAVEN for the Masters got a big fail. Eventhough he went before midnight, he didn't get a pair as when the doors opened..there were like suddenly 30 people in front of him.
mean.gif

It seems what they do now is prep on Friday store closing and then take a selfie of all the people in the initial line and they go home. I'm not sure if this is 100% true but that's a newer lazier way to camp than just ghost chairs.

Old school camping is you being physically there with a few bathroom and foodbreaks but not hours to go home and enjoy the comfort of your bed. You need to work for the shoes...not just drop a chair and take selfie.

If that's the new norm then I'll put a chair on Thursday and take a selfie...that makes it earlier than their stupid Friday selfie
devil.gif
Go today. I'll be your witness lol.

Back
Top Bottom