OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

I don't care, nor do I pay attention, to awards.

The Wire is constantly hailed as the GOAT tv show when in reality it is nowhere near GOAT status.
What's "GOAT" status to you? And GOAT status is subjective.

Last edited:
The Wire doesn't even get talked about that much so I don't see how it can be overrated. Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Game Of Thrones, 24, Lost get all the praise. The Wire is like a underground legend type of show.

what were some of the question?
Famous Kings and things that didn't miss.
laugh.gif

Lost though? :lol:

If GOAT = most watched, sure. But Lost was utter garbage for almost all of the last 2 seasons. The last season was undeniably bad. And that finale? C'mon now,..

And Breaking Bad, while a great show, gets way too much praise right now. I feel like dudes are still prisoners of the moment with BB. I loved it but it's gotta stand the test of time for me to place it above The Wire. And don't even get me started on the fantasy aspect of BB or the social commentary when compared to The Wire.....

BB and Lost immediately come to mind.
 I haven't seen BB, but LOST? Yikes. After season 2-3, that show became embarrassingly unwatchable. The writing was absolutely atrocious and the acting was about a millimeter better.. LOST = GOAT? WTH
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^^ That fish tank scene had me :rofl: :rofl:

^That was ****** up just cuz that security guard aint have to die. Partlow just seemed to decide to kill dude for Marlo :smh: If any officer should've died it was that white guy in Carver's unit and that Officer Walker (think that was his name, dude who got the yellow paint on him). Both should've ended up in those vacants.
Namond turns into Clay Davis.
:lol: :rofl:

Of all the ppl taking up others mantles I aint seen that one coming. When he had his little cameo giving his speech talking about AIDs I was so in an out :lol: Like I could pay attention but after a while just sound like dude is rambling. Either Davis or the next Mayor Royce.

I really wished this show had one or two more seasons though. I keep saying it but I wanted to see one focusing on the Eastside and given what was a subplot in S5 and how it ended with Marlo out the game it could've been really cool seeing a new player rising from Bmore from either side and a storyline following those NYC dudes coming back for revenge and of course the return of Brother Mouzzonne :pimp:

I came to that conclusion because both Namond and Clay Davis say, "Sheeeit, I'll take any ****** money if he's giving it away", at some time during the show.

And **** them east side *******!! :lol:
Prop Joe was the man though :pimp:

Cheese almost made me dislike Methodman in real life for his treacherous betrayal though. Them eastside came off like they aint ****.

Oh and I forget do Bmore ppl really say sheeeeeeeiiiit like that? Cuz Davis and Namond weren't the only one to keep doing that. Carcetti's advisor as well was doing that :lol:
This show is so damn overrated. Not saying it's not good, just overrated.

How? It didn't get nominated for, much less win ANYTHING.
Only years after it was completed did it begin to get the accolades it deserved on some epic late pass steez.
He's talking about on NT I think and even I gotta admit as someone who watched the whole series like last month that yes NTers hype the hell out of this show like no other.
Welp there you go :lol: :smh:

If you think LOST is anywhere near GOAT status your opinion on tv shows doesn't matter and I love the best part of LOST but things dropped off a good deal in S5 and the finale.

On another note BB really shouldn't be compared to The Wire. It isn't trying to be the most realistic or focus a whole lot on social commentary. It does a whole bunch of other stuff better which is why it's praised so much. The build up, how compelling it is, the humor, and the payoff is pretty much unmatched at the moment. Only thing the two have in common is the drug game but it is handled very differently given location and approach.

Last edited:

I haven't seen BB, but LOST? Yikes. After season 2-3, that show became embarrassingly unwatchable. The writing was absolutely atrocious and the acting was about a millimeter better.. LOST = GOAT? WTH :lol: :lol:

I love Lost. Seasons 1-4 was some of the greatest television ever.

And as for BB, watch it and then try to tell me it's not better than The Wire. Like I said, the only reason I watched The Wire was because people said it was better than BB. I had high expectations for it.

And as for BB, watch it and then try to tell me it's not better than The Wire. Like I said, the only reason I watched The Wire was because people said it was better than BB. I had high expectations for it.
I've only gotten through the first 2 episodes of BB so far. I know I'm being stubborn, but the acting dropoff after Bryan Cranston makes it tough.

HBO and network television is apples and oranges, that's the main issue.

:rofl: :rofl: @ lost

I love Breaking Bad but that was some fantasy drug ****....lets be real :lol:
That's the thing though. It was never really about the whole drug dealing part.
The fantasy part comes in when Walt takes down Gus but stuff like Gus being a drug kingpin in the area with a fast-food for chain as a cover with a deal with a Mexican cartel is all believable. Even Walt cooking his on meth and starting up was pretty realistic. Fantasy just comes in with how he and Jesse continue to survive and how quickly they get reliable connects. It aint about it being the most realistic. Nobody's ever pitched the show as that. That's not the story.

If tv shows were just based on which was most realistic we'd have a lot of bland shows on tv. More than good ones.

I've only gotten through the first 2 episodes of BB so far. I know I'm being stubborn, but the acting dropoff after Bryan Cranston makes it tough.

HBO and network television is apples and oranges, that's the main issue.
Acting is pretty great for all the main characters, especially given the situation. If you're only 2 seasons eps in don't see where the drop off comes in. Most of the cast isn't asked to do a whole lot acting wise. Nothing that commanding.

Last edited:
^

Brah, put some of that in a spoiler. You got a guy right above you saying he's only seen the first two episodes. 
laugh.gif

I love Breaking Bad, but Lost is booty. The Wire and The Sopranos are my favourite drama TV series, but it's all subjective. Breaking Bad is very close though.

That's the thing though. It was never really about the whole drug dealing part. The fantasy part comes in when Walt takes down Gus but stuff like Gus being a drug kingpin in the area with a fast-food for chain as a cover with a deal with a Mexican cartel is all believable. Even Walt cooking his on meth and starting up was pretty realistic. Fantasy just comes in with how he and Jesse continue to survive and how quickly they get reliable connects. It aint about it being the most realistic. Nobody's ever pitched the show as that. That's not the story.

If tv shows were just based on which was most realistic we'd have a lot of bland shows on tv. More than good ones.
Acting is pretty great for all the main characters, especially given the situation. If you're only 2 seasons in don't see where the drop off comes in. Most of the cast isn't asked to do a whole lot acting wise. Nothing that commanding.
*2 episodes in. But like I said, I need to get into it. I'm being hypercritical at the moment because I'm used to HBO budgeted shows.

^

Brah, put some of that in a spoiler. You got a guy right above you saying he's only seen the first two episodes. 
laugh.gif
Was gonna post the same thing
laugh.gif

Did anyone else feel like the last season could've been better? I think the media angle was poorly done.

^

Brah, put some of that in a spoiler. You got a guy right above you saying he's only seen the first two episodes. :lol:
No.

Ok.
That's the thing though. It was never really about the whole drug dealing part. The fantasy part comes in when Walt takes down Gus but stuff like Gus being a drug kingpin in the area with a fast-food for chain as a cover with a deal with a Mexican cartel is all believable. Even Walt cooking his on meth and starting up was pretty realistic. Fantasy just comes in with how he and Jesse continue to survive and how quickly they get reliable connects. It aint about it being the most realistic. Nobody's ever pitched the show as that. That's not the story.

Acting is pretty great for all the main characters, especially given the situation. If you're only 2 seasons in don't see where the drop off comes in. Most of the cast isn't asked to do a whole lot acting wise. Nothing that commanding.

*2 episodes in. But like I said, I need to get into it. I'm being hypercritical at the moment because I'm used to HBO budgeted shows.

^

Brah, put some of that in a spoiler. You got a guy right above you saying he's only seen the first two episodes. :lol:

Was gonna post the same thing :lol:
My bad, I read season for some reason. Well I guess it might be slow at the start for some if you're not totally locked in.
Man I'm in the middle of BB Zik come on :frown:
I didn't spoil anything did I? :nerd:

Last edited:
Did anyone else feel like the last season could've been better? I think the media angle was poorly done.

I feel like the last season progressed slowly, then in the last couple episodes, rushed through everyone's individual story. Still loved it though.

^

No.

^

My bad, I read season for some reason. Well I guess it might be slow at the start for some if you're not totally locked in.

I didn't know Walt takes Gus down but I'll live :lol:

^

No.

^

I didn't know Walt takes Gus down but I'll live :lol:
Ight my bad but c'mon :lol:

Back
Top Bottom