OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

I used to be a Stringer fan till I rewatched and realize dude was a clown. Morally inept, disloyal, no code. Even business wise I thought his plans and goals were solid, but watching how Clay Davis sonned the **** out of him you realize he was in over his head.

I used to be a Stringer fan till I rewatched and realize dude was a clown. Morally inept, disloyal, no code. Even business wise I thought his plans and goals were solid, but watching how Clay Davis sonned the **** out of him you realize he was in over his head.

that was actually funny because i felt it happening & when it did & he had to go back with his tail tucked :lol: then he wanted to get street

had Avon like "told you so"
they saw yo black hood *** coming from a mile away "

Last edited:

Pretty much....
His inner snake started to show and he was just moving too fast. If he could've stayed with the "tried & true" methods, like another strip joint/club, or some other type of fronts, washing the money, in and around the hood he would've been ok. Instead he wanted to jump into the big time development game at like the highest level. :lol: Should've been more patient and took it step by step. Love his ambition though. He had the right mindset about looking at things above street level.

This show just gets better and better after every viewing.

The background ad libs make this show 1000X better. :lol:

one of the best scenes is still the $%^&* scene

solo word repeated the entire time

died laughing the first itme i saw it

one of the best scenes is still the $%^&* scene

solo word repeated the entire time

died laughing the first itme i saw it

Definitely, a VP at my office loves that scene. I mentioned to him that the Wire is one of my all time favorite shows and he just responded with the Clay Davis...:lol:

Which leads to another classic scene:
Slim Charles was an underrated character.
laugh.gif

I can't get into another show like I was into the Wire. Closest was Boardwalk Empire and True Detective.

People recommended Homeland because of the plot twists. I LOL'd when I discovered what some of those "twists" were. Apples and Oranges compared to the Wire.

nothing is on the wire level to me BUT I do need to watch the sopranos series front to back.....only watched random episodes besides the whole last season but I barely remember that 

nothing is on the wire level to me BUT I do need to watch the sopranos series front to back.....only watched random episodes besides the whole last season but I barely remember that 
Yeah Sopranos and The Wire are hand and hand probably the greatest television shows ever. I'm jealous. Wish I had a show like Sopranos to look forward to.

Did anyone else find it funny that the politicians were more corrupt than the criminals? My dude Clay Davis was terrible.

Did anyone else find it funny that the politicians were more corrupt than the criminals? My dude Clay Davis was terrible.

When i was younger and first watched it was an eye opener I work in politics now so now it just seems really spot on lol

Yeah Sopranos and The Wire are hand and hand probably the greatest television shows ever. I'm jealous. Wish I had a show like Sopranos to look forward to.
Watched the sopranos during its original run and currently re watching it now
That and the wire are GOAT
breaking bad isnt even as close as I thought it was in hindsight

I really like how everything came full circle in the end.

Bodie at the beginning realizes he's a pawn and thinks he'll move up the ranks, yet dies a pawn.

Clay Davis is as dirty as they come, but at the end of the day he still stands and the cycle moves on.

Dookie is a young troubled kid with promise. Clearly a good kid but no resources and gets caught up with drugs. Bubbles 2.0.

Omar gets got, and Michael becomes the new stick up boy.

Marlo basically becomes the drug lord, and gets suited up and cashes out, but at the same time all he really knows it's the street. Those guys on the corner talking about Omar like he's a legend and have no clue who Marlo is. In a suit, but still felt most comfortable on the corner. That scene really hit home.

Still probably my favorite scene throughout:

23529_Wee_Bey_2.gif

Pretty much....
His inner snake started to show and he was just moving too fast. If he could've stayed with the "tried & true" methods, like another strip joint/club, or some other type of fronts, washing the money, in and around the hood he would've been ok. Instead he wanted to jump into the big time development game at like the highest level. :lol: Should've been more patient and took it step by step. Love his ambition though. He had the right mindset about looking at things above street level.

When he had D'Angelo killed AND smashed his baby moms I knew he was a foul _. Still my dude though.

Back
Top Bottom