OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

Watching season 5 and I forget how this serial killer story ends up but it can't be good. It's making me cringe so far.

Finally got around to copping the DVD series set a few weeks ago (since a blu-ray is no where near being made :smh: )

Been watching the whole series lately, and I do have a different appreciation for season 2. It threw me off at first viewing, but now I see why they went to the docks that season

Along with moments like Omar/Bodie's death, I think one of the more tragic scenes is the last montage of the series where you see Dookie shooting up :smh: on the path to becoming the new Bubbles

Always said his story line was the most tragic, cause he never stood a chance. Never had any hope.

Always said his story line was the most tragic, cause he never stood a chance. Never had any hope.
Dukie and Bubbles stories were heartbreaking 
frown.gif

In the finale of season 4 after Sherrod died and Walen went to visit Bubbles in the psych unit 
frown.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif

Watching season 5 and I forget how this serial killer story ends up but it can't be good. It's making me cringe so far.

Upon watching it a second and third time, it's not bad. And it kind of ends appropriately: one giant cluster-f.

Going back some posts, you right. There's no loyalty in this game. Police would never know ish if people kept their mouth shut. If you signed up for the game then handle ur biz when YOU mess up

Last edited:
Great show ... i'm glad season 2 is getting the props it deserves ... Season 4 was the best by far though ...

I'm rewatching the series right now. Season 2 starts off slow as hell then it gets better after episode 6. I forgot how String f'ed tryna get Omar to murk the Muslim dude.

Started watching again last week on HBO Go. One more episode to go.

Still hate the way they decided to kill Omar. So random.

:lol: at the FBI dude describing McNulty's personality exactly when he was giving the characteristics of the serial killer...

Re-watched Season 2 over the weekend. It was my least favorite, but now I appreciate it more especially in telling the story of a key factor in Baltimore's decay; the lack of work on the docks.

Season 5 is now at the bottom of my list.

Edit:

On a side note, this scene is one of my favorites and describes how I feel about this Chicago "Spring"

Last edited:
Just started True Detective last night, was pleasantly surprised to see Brother Mouzone
laugh.gif

And I agree with CA, season 2 is pretty damn relevant regarding today's economy.

I'm curious as to who is a fan of Stringer vs. those who are not. Some of my friends loved him because he tried to change the game, but some hated him because of exactly that.

I remember Avon telling him to stop playing those away games or something like that...

I'm curious as to who is a fan of Stringer vs. those who are not. Some of my friends loved him because he tried to change the game, but some hated him because of exactly that.

I remember Avon telling him to stop playing those away games or something like that...

String was doing what he knew & thought was right... i never was against him

Avon def told him to cut out those away games

Back
Top Bottom