OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

- i forgot to mention, i ran into The Bunk in the parking lot at a Pelicans v Clippers game a month or so back walking back to our car.

- spoke to him shook his hand and asked him to take a picture with my son.

- i dont know if he lost weight or if tv really does make you look bigger because dude wasnt as big as he looks on tv

Definitely the least favorable aspect of the Wire

I enjoyed moments of it, but it felt rushed and squeezed in.

I think it had potential if it was covered over a longer period time

I'll try to find it, but I read somewhere that David Simon planned for the 6th season of the Wire to focus on the influx of Latinos in Baltimore and how this would have affected the city especially the street.
omg. would've been amazing

The wire was one of the best written shows to ever exist. I'll never forget the speech Slim gave Avon after string got killed , he's talking about going to war, and he's basically talking about the Iraq war and fighting on a lie.

Last edited:
Real or not Omar jumping out the window was insane :rofl:

Son learned from Stringer's mistake though
- i forgot to mention, i ran into The Bunk in the parking lot at a Pelicans v Clippers game a month or so back walking back to our car.

- spoke to him shook his hand and asked him to take a picture with my son.

- i dont know if he lost weight or if tv really does make you look bigger because dude wasnt as big as he looks on tv
Oh he lost a ton of weight. He was fat as **** on The Wire. I almost thought he gained weight for the show cuz he was a bit thinner when he was younger. He's like half a Bunk now.

Last edited:
The greatest show ever...imo

Watched it 3 times and loved it every time

I hear ppl comparing or saying breaking bad is better but i dont agree at all. Im only on season 3 of bb but it doesn't hold a candle as of now. 

The greatest show ever...imo

Watched it 3 times and loved it every time

I hear ppl comparing or saying breaking bad is better but i dont agree at all. Im only on season 3 of bb but it doesn't hold a candle as of now. 

I don't know why people always seem to turn to BB as the show that was better. It's a great show, but still doesn't come close.

I don't know why people always seem to turn to BB as the show that was better. It's a great show, but still doesn't come close.

Debatable. It's all subjective... i'd say because it's the more recent show that it gets praised more so over the Wire, just like the Wire was praised over the Sopranos while it just ended. Those three from a current standpoint stand as the top 3 shows (usually) mentioned when people talk about their lists.

1a/1b for me. Sopranos is up there as well but there are other shows I enjoyed much more.

Last edited:

Gerard and Sapper were underrated characters, they provided many laughs.
laugh.gif
Which one was Mr. Like a 40 degree day?
Sapper.

The wire was one of the best written shows to ever exist. I'll never forget the speech Slim gave Avon after string got killed , he's talking about going to war, and he's basically talking about the Iraq war and fighting on a lie.

Slim Charles was thee best >>>>

Welp, looks like I'm watching The Sopranos again this summer.  Already have The Wire box set, although that Prime streaming could come in handy when I'm out and about and bored.  

All these vids got me wantin' to revisit :smh:

Told myself I'd wait a year or two, just watched last year

You couldn't help bit to love string dealing with straight ignorant street ******.

Lol he tried so hard.

Last edited:
How am I just finding out that the real dude Donnie Andrews who Omar was based on was on the show as one of his bodyguards in jail...lol

Any railroad tracks theories here? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom