**Official "The Last Of Us" a PS3 exclusive thread**

Just beat the game

Hard difficulty w/ 96 collectables found took roughly 15 hours.

I really enjoyed
playing as Ellie

Winter hands down the best segment

Kinda have a crush on Ellen Paige now
Her voice acting was on par
Playing through hard now, not as bad as I thought
Joel is that dude, idc lol

Ashley Johnson is the girl from Lionheart and Growing Pains:

294781_large.jpg
Growing-Pains_610.jpg
growing+pains+movie+cast+2000.jpg

Just finished the game. Freaking awesome! Aside from gameplay and graphics, I loved the game because it really got me emotionally involved with the characters. And not just Joel & Ellie, i felt for the side characters too like Tommy, Bill, the 2 brothers, etc. Some of the situations the game put me in got my heart pounding.

Joel was definitely selfish for keeping Ellie alive. Still couldn't let go of his daughter. :frown: :smh:

It felt real good to be stealth and kill with the bow and arrow

Last edited:
Just finished the game. Freaking awesome! Aside from gameplay and graphics, I loved the game because it really got me emotionally involved with the characters. And not just Joel & Ellie, i felt for the side characters too like Tommy, Bill, the 2 brothers, etc. Some of the situations the game put me in got my heart pounding.

Joel was definitely selfish for keeping Ellie alive. Still couldn't let go of his daughter. :frown: :smh:

It felt real good to be stealth and kill with the bow and arrow

Found about the bow and arrow way to late for that. Should have known and especially playing Tomb Raider too.

Just beat the game

Hard difficulty w/ 96 collectables found took roughly 15 hours.

I really enjoyed
playing as Ellie

Winter hands down the best segment

I JUST finished Winter and hot damn was that a b****!

I'm on the tunnel now and guessing by the plethora of supplies they give you just before, I'm expecting this trek to the hospital to be on some bull! lol

Edit: Just finished!:
Damn, wow at that ending. Joel potentially condemned humanity with his selfishness... I knew Joel was losing it after he started calling her "baby girl"... just like his daughter. But what a ride though man.

That hospital wasn't nearly as hard as folks were making it. I got caught at the end by the last 2 guys once, but other than that it was stealth, 1 arrow, and a couple bombs and I was on my way... even was able to leave 3 guys alone

Last edited:
I'd be playing this game with my girl and she'd hear Ellie say the F-word all the time and was just like "Damn. This girl is no joke!" Like she was some real human being or something. Shows Naughty Dog or the girl did a god job on the acting and even motion capture.

Cool video discussing Last of US story elements.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE NOT BEAT THE GAME. SPOILERS GALORE.

Just got to the point where Joel hands over Ellie the rifle to watch his back. Only 46% feels at a solid 6 hours. I search every damn room for supplies.

Game is great so far, a little slowpaced and i'm into being stealthy but the game feels a little repetitive so far...

Just finished this. Instant classic from Naughty Dog. My favorite chapter was Winter. This is what survival horror should be if you want to put it in the genre.

The Fireflies hadn't found a cure with any of the immune subjects. Is it selfish when there's no guarantee of success?
Someone said that it was a cliffhanger like ending. No it wasn't. It was as straightforward as you can get. I'd like to see a trilogy, but would be satisfied with this one installment.

Last edited:
Just finished this. Instant classic from Naughty Dog. My favorite chapter was Winter. This is what survival horror should be if you want to put it in the genre.

The Fireflies hadn't found a cure with any of the immune subjects. Is it selfish when there's no guarantee of success?
Someone said that it was a cliffhanger like ending. No it wasn't. It was as straightforward as you can get. I'd like to see a trilogy, but would be satisfied with this one installment.
It's not really straight forward because we have no clue where they are now and where do they go from here and the whole relationship dynamic changed dramatically
Thus i consider it a cliffhanger
At the end of the day, they do not need to rush a sequel or trilogy because they truly have set the bar for 3rd person action/drama/suspense/survival horror and I don't want to see this franchise dry up like RE
Or even Uncharted( 3 left a real bad taste in my mouth ..

Last edited:

I thought he just said that to ellie so she didn't get mad at him for going through with the surgery. At the end when Ellie asked Joel if he was telling the truth and Joel said yes, but it flashed back and the lady never said that to him. She just told him to stop being selfish and then he shot her.

damn I gotta stay outta this thread until I finish they game. yall are terrible with spoilers lmao

I thought he just said that to ellie so she didn't get mad at him for going through with the surgery. At the end when Ellie asked Joel if he was telling the truth and Joel said yes, but it flashed back and the lady never said that to him. She just told him to stop being selfish and then he shot her.
You are spot on with the spoiler

It's not really straight forward because we have no clue where they are now and where do they go from here and the whole relationship dynamic changed dramatically
Thus i consider it a cliffhanger
At the end of the day, they do not need to rush a sequel or trilogy because they truly have set the bar for 3rd person action/drama/suspense/survival horror and I don't want to see this franchise dry up like RE
Or even Uncharted( 3 left a real bad taste in my mouth ..

I don't think they set the bar imo. I like the game but it's very similar to all 3rd person shooters. I think what was excelled on was the characters and story cause like movies, we learned to care about them and have a sense of feeling when they ran through their situations. As far as the gameplay, it seems pretty straight forward.

The voice acting and character performances might just be the best I've heard/seen in my 20+ years of gaming. I've never been so immersed in a game, EVER. They completely nailed it. I can't get over how well these actors performed; they made the characters feel life like. The soundtrack is absolutely beautiful and takes the atmosphere to another level. Hearing a gunshot pierce through the silence with those clicker grunts get louder and louder is intense. You feel like every bullet is important and powerful. I'm about 5 hours in and I have never felt like I'm playing game yet.

The game play may seem lacking with how innovative everything else is,  but it's completely solid. I'm playing on Hard and I feel like every move I make matters. Great game. 

Also, I believe Naughty Dog said the story of Ellie and Joel ends with this game. However, they also said they built a massive world with a lot of back story and content and they want to tell new stories with new characters. I'm completely on board for this.

I don't think they set the bar imo. I like the game but it's very similar to all 3rd person shooters. I think what was excelled on was the characters and story cause like movies, we learned to care about them and have a sense of feeling when they ran through their situations. As far as the gameplay, it seems pretty straight forward.
Gameplay, yeah it's the same( outside of the ai actually being intelligent with flanking)
But to tell a story I actually care about and I feel a connection to a character, they set the bar IMO ...
I literally haven't played a game since mgs 1 on play station ( also GOW and RE4)that I could care less about the character/story and after I beat a game, I usually never play them again
I am playing this one again and that's big in my book
I was geeked for this game from jump because it just seems different, hell I didn't mind doing repetitive, mundane tasks for once
But I am a real die hard 3rd person gamer so this just felt refreshing, can't explain it
Now I hope GTA5 lives up to the same hype I felt for this game

Back
Top Bottom