**Official "The Last Of Us" a PS3 exclusive thread**

Just beat it tonight. Don't want to spoil it for others but I guess I am just used to a Drake type ending where there is closure for this chapter. I still prefer Uncharted just cause I like the action sense of it but this was a nice slow paced version and would recommend anyone that likes 3rd person shooters to try it.

How long until we can talk about the ending? :lol:

Great game, amazing story, unrivaled voice acting. I played through on normal and didnt have too much trouble. Not too excited for Hard or Survivor... :smh:

Last edited:
Maaaaaaan what in the hell??

Just finished the part after that sniper mission.

Kinda spoilery I guess but not really
Dawg, between the 2 brothers and how that ended and what I call "The Story of Ish", this game just shot to the top of my list as far as Best Games story-wise on PS3

Ish isn't really a spoiler, as long as you dont get into specifics, but I really started paying attention to documents after that area. Add alot to the story.

How long until we can talk about the ending? :lol:

Great game, amazing story, unrivaled voice acting. I played through on normal and didnt have too much trouble. Not too excited for Hard or Survivor... :smh:

Hard isn't too bad, honestly.

There were maybe 2 parts that I got stuck on and it was only for 15-20 minutes at the most.

Plus, you've already beaten the game already, so you know exactly what to do.

Survivor is a little tougher because the items are more limited, but I haven't had much trouble yet.

And yea, the notes really add a lot to the game.

I'm just curious as to where they go from here, because they can do A LOT w/ it IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man....I just think..........

I just think given some epic parts of the story (of course the brother part being the most epic) that the ending seemed really underwhelming. I really thought the cliffhanger ending should have been Joel being infected and maybe Ellie killing him off. Or even them both getting killed off at some epic zombie stand off. I just thought them leaving it at the hill having a conversation about the hospital incident just wasn't a solid ending to the story. Naughty Dog did a good job but they should have went guns blazing with some epic ending.

Last edited:
I loved the ending, I was just pissed in the moment because the game was over and I wanted more, :lol:.

I'll go in detail at another time, don't really feel like typing my *** off right now.

As it turns out, Ish is a nod to the main character of the book "Earth Abides". The book is one of the inspirations of the story. The main character Isherwood is one of the last survivors of a horrible disease and creates a community with fellow survivors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Abides

If you're playing this game and not collecting notes and reading them, you're doing yourself a huge injustice. It fleshes out what other people were going through and how they handled their situation especially those with children
frown.gif

Man, I'm struggling getting to the hospital :smh:
This helped me get through being banned for a week lol
But that spoiler was easy to me, just have to be patient and snipe really well
After work going to play on hard, I can only imagine how many times I will die this time lol
This is what resident evil 5&6 should have been, actually shook for most of the game if not all.
Hope for a sequel but not too soon.

This helped me get through being banned for a week lol
But that spoiler was easy to me, just have to be patient and snipe really well
After work going to play on hard, I can only imagine how many times I will die this time lol
This is what resident evil 5&6 should have been, actually shook for most of the game if not all.
Hope for a sequel but not too soon.
Yeah, I got thru it and actually just finished the game. I just had to be a little more patient and kill the ones that were necessary and not try any hero stuff.

Yeah, I got thru it and actually just finished the game. I just had to be a little more patient and kill the ones that were necessary and not try any hero stuff.

Hero stuff always messed me up. It worked sometimes if I had all the right ammo and equipment. Would just play that whole "let them come to me" game where there is only one opening for them to come out of and just kill them one by one. Towards the end, you have to play the Solid Snake game and just take out a person one at a time.

Also just as another gripe, I feel like some of the formulas with the levels in the game was overdone. Like constantly having to get a ladder and having to get a crate for Ellit to climb on. They just did it a little to much where the game seemed repetitive and would think they could have created some other puzzles.

Hero stuff always messed me up. It worked sometimes if I had all the right ammo and equipment. Would just play that whole "let them come to me" game where there is only one opening for them to come out of and just kill them one by one. Towards the end, you have to play the Solid Snake game and just take out a person one at a time.

Also just as another gripe, I feel like some of the formulas with the levels in the game was overdone. Like constantly having to get a ladder and having to get a crate for Ellit to climb on. They just did it a little to much where the game seemed repetitive and would think they could have created some other puzzles.
I agree but most action games fail at this formula, Uncharted, GTA, GOW , have you doing mundane tasks...
Also I know people are kinda hard on the ending but I feel it's a set up to a conversation had in a earlier cutscene were Ellie says" I hate cliffhangers", that's just what they did
Because if they do make a two I have a feeling Ellie will be more of the protagonist and you will control her more
Edit: just a tip in a certain section, you can't use "hearing mode" if somebody is in the shadows, I died so many times figuring that out,

Last edited:
JUST FINISHED! Wow this game is definitely my top 3. I do like Uncharted for the more action, but this game brings it home with all of the different aspects of a great game rolling it into one. I also wanted more in the ending but I see what they did... 

Like others have said, You guys gotta read the notes and artifacts found. It all adds insight for other people and areas during their time. 

I played mine on "Hard" like i always do with all games it took me 20hours and 27 minutes.

Hell of a twist towards the end of the game. No one will see that coming. Probably the hardest section of the game smh.

I cant believe Im actually running through this a second time. I never do that for these type of games. It's usually a one and done for me.

Time to mess these fools up!

Back
Top Bottom