**Official "The Last Of Us" a PS3 exclusive thread**

I have thought about which game is better and I honestly can't come up with a decision. If either won GOY or they both shared it I couldn't be mad.
You guys have to remember that half of GTA hasn't even come out yet.
Story wise: LOU
Graphics: Both
Significance: LOU
Replay value: GTA
Amount of things to do: GTA

I honestly think GTA will win it just for the fact that its multi console, and has a way bigger audience.

graphically: TLOU for sure. It's not Uncharted two but to be in a surreal environment and to somewhat believe in it is something that they did great. GTA just feels like LA, which is cool but not groundbreaking. Of course GTAs open world is awesome cause TLOU is a pretty linear game.

on narrative: Both are good. TLOU has stand out performances from the little girl to the side characters. One part is literally captivating like some movie. GTA is equally as good with 3 different and all great characters. Trevor is just awesome and it's wild what Rockstar can get away with with video games these days.

significance for future of gaming: GTA continues to use the same forumula but why change it when it does so well. Even Red Dead Redemption was the same thing but still good since it was based in the west. TLOU as well as Uncharted had more of a movie feel. I love those games and even if it doesn't have the same replay value as GTA, it's fun to relive the movie all over again. I think it is a nice blend of Resident Evil, Metal Gear and Uncharted. TLOU actually has more range in doing things all stealth rather then guns blazing.

fun factor - Both are good games imo but just different. You really can't go wrong with one or the other.

Still.........TLOU for game of the year.

I haven't played GTA yet, and am not sure I even will.  I understand the games can be a ton of fun, and exploring the world is a blast, as so much is built into them.

But when I read GTA reviews, all I hear over and over is about the scale and breadth of the game.  The feel I get it that the game is A LOT.  A lot of fun, a lot of divergent activities, a lot of mayhem.  

That seems cool, but for me, I don't think it would grab me like the tightly crafted heart-string-pulling experience of TLOU.

I haven't played GTA yet, and am not sure I even will.  I understand the games can be a ton of fun, and exploring the world is a blast, as so much is built into them.

But when I read GTA reviews, all I hear over and over is about the scale and breadth of the game.  The feel I get it that the game is A LOT.  A lot of fun, a lot of divergent activities, a lot of mayhem.  

That seems cool, but for me, I don't think it would grab me like the tightly crafted heart-string-pulling experience of TLOU.

Agreed 100%

Can't wait for that DLC news this week.

Last edited:
So does the DLC come out today? I read an article that says "it'll come out tomorrow" ..... it was written 17 hours ago...

i do that and i still get 10+ downs/executions

....along with a crazy amount of deaths so I doubt you really are helping your team. I too am annoyed when people play like its COD....not that kind of game at all and you are not helping your team.

Definitely like the news about this patch. I love that you can now stop special executions!

nah. the people that stick together end up losing badly anyways. throw a smoke or something and they done for. going solo is the way to go in this game.

nah. the people that stick together end up losing badly anyways. throw a smoke or something and they done for. going solo is the way to go in this game.

We must not be playing the same game because solo is definitely not the way to go. ESPECIALLY if you are playing Interrogation.

Thread slowly dying afterGTA5. :lol:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/27/the-last-of-us-future-dlc-plans/

SEP 27 2013
The Last of Us: Future DLC Plans
+ Posted by Eric Monacelli // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

We’ve been hard at work making the DLC content for The Last of Us – and I know that all our Season Pass holders are eagerly waiting for any updates or news. Today, we’re revealing the first of three Season Pass DLC drops: the Abandoned Territories Map Pack.

Weather the opposing Faction and the random, dynamic dust storm on the Suburbs map. Explore a layered map of an overgrown urban environment with wild giraffes in the background in the Bus Depot map. Stalk around in a dark, eerie, moonlit, environment – the perfect setting for some serious stealth – in the Hometown map. Bookstore features a stacked, bi-level layout adding a highly unique dose of vertical gameplay. Excited yet? These maps will be available October 15.

When we initially talked about the Season Pass we mentioned making our first ever story-driven single player DLC. This is an ambitious story with strong ties into the narrative of The Last of Us. We just wrapped up a long casting process for a new character, and we’re starting our performance capture shoot next week. The single-player DLC is currently planned for release around the December-January timeframe.

Our third Season Pass DLC is multiplayer focused and will arrive in the first half of 2014. We’ll start to reveal more information and a release timeframe as soon as we’ve worked out those details.
To make the wait a little bit easier, we’re adding bonus items to the Season Pass. We have over 60 different head items for your multiplayer character ranging from a Nightmare Mask to a Pigskin Hat that will be free for all Season Pass buyers. These head items will be available a la carte as well, but it’s a tremendous added value for all Season Pass holders.

If you want to lock in all three DLC drops and over 60 head items for your multiplayer character at a deeply discounted price, buy the Season Pass today. You’ll be saving over 75% by purchasing a Season Pass instead of buying all the DLC individually. The Last of Us Season Pass DLC is available now on PlayStation Store or at your local GameStop retailer for only $19.99.

Thread is dying because everyone is waiting for that story based DLC. Still haven't gotten any details about it.

The Last of Us is the superior game to GTA V. Better story that kept me wanting more.

Thread is dying because everyone is waiting for that story based DLC. Still haven't gotten any details about it.

The Last of Us is the superior game to GTA V. Better story that kept me wanting more.

Yep pretty much. Trading in GTA V has actually crossed my mind.

Last of Us is better than GTA5. But not by alot. TLOU is just one of those once in a generation entertainment experiences. GTA5 is amazing too tho. We probably got the 3 best games of this gen this year in The Last Of Us, GTA5 and Bioshock infinite.

Last of Us is better than GTA5. But not by alot. TLOU is just one of those once in a generation entertainment experiences. GTA5 is amazing too tho. We probably got the 3 best games of this gen this year in The Last Of Us, GTA5 and Bioshock infinite.
Can't cosign this. I don't even want to compare the two but I can't definitively give TLOU the nod over GTA V if anything because of the fun factor.

TLOU of was amazing in a lot of ways but I can't say it's more fun or entertaining than GTA V with a straight face. 

Can't cosign this. I don't even want to compare the two but I can't definitively give TLOU the nod over GTA V if anything because of the fun factor.

TLOU of was amazing in a lot of ways but I can't say it's more fun or entertaining than GTA V with a straight face. 

See, I think GTA5 is much more fun, but The Last Of Us was much more entertaining, if that makes sense.

Nah I feel it that definitely makes sense. It's so hard for me to compare the two. Its almost easier for me to compare TLOU to a classic film than an open world game like GTA V. 

Nah I feel it that definitely makes sense. It's so hard for me to compare the two. Its almost easier for me to compare TLOU to a classic film than an open world game like GTA V. 

That's the perfect way to put it. Either way, two amazing games :smokin

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what this single player DLC is all about! Apparently it's set to release in December or January

Back
Top Bottom