**Official "The Last Of Us" a PS3 exclusive thread**

I havent even thought about it until now, but is Last of Us better than Uncharted 2 to you guys?

I havent even thought about it until now, but is Last of Us better than Uncharted 2 to you guys?

It's apples to oranges but I would say no but I do love the feeling that Uncharted gave me with just feeling like everything was over the edge at all times. Mind you I played Uncharted 2 before 1 but the beginning train scene alone was just something I have never experienced in a game.

TLOU is great but something seemed very formulated after a while. Not to say Uncharted isn't but at least Uncharted had more of a puzzle system for some things.

TLOU is great but something seemed very formulated after a while. Not to say Uncharted isn't but at least Uncharted had more of a puzzle system for some things.
But see, we can't fault that [presence of puzzles in U2 adding variety] against TLOU, when it's a game design decision fit for the setting of The Uncharted series. Throwing in puzzle design into TLOU would seem awkward, IMO. And to me, U2's gunfights seemed "formulated" as well, if not more.

For me, TLOU single-player stands out much moar than U2's single-player. U2 is fun as hell and gorgeously cinematic, but TLOU made me catch da feels and made me feel invested in each character. When I was done with U2, I didn't feel the itch to play single-player again. TLOU made me boot that **** right back up and begin a New Game Plus immediately.

But multiplayer, as hard as I'm going right meow in TLOU, I can look back and say I enjoy U3's (not U2's) multiplayer much moar.

I guess it is just me then. Perhaps I watch to many movies. A lot of the pivotal scenes in TLOU I called out before it happened. I do like how a game provokes terror in a player but I didn't think it was all that revolutionary considering Resident Evil did it with their first title. I will give that the AI in TLOU is way better then Uncharted. I might be at that age where I just kind of want to beat games without being challenged but some of Uncharteds enemies seem to have no brain at all.

Still, Naughty Dog as a whole has just stepped up that whole 3rd person gaming with what they created. I thoroughly the whole Uncharted series and TLOU more then I have ever did with any GTA game.

Unequivocally, yes.

Uncharted two is naughty dog's next best game and playstation's next best exclusive but there is a chasm separating the two. That is less a slight on U2 and more a testament to how fantastic TLOU is.

Also, having played GTA5 now...it's not even in TLOU's league.

I know I'm gonna catch hell for ******** on what for a lot of people is a top tier game.

GTA5 is fun, and large, offers a variety of activities. It's like a carnival of disparate mini-games. But, I'm not sure the game does any particularly thing well. It does some terribly (shooting mechanics)

Moreover, the characters are so poorly drawn or one-dimensional that it's difficult to relate to any of them.

Add in horrible minority and female characterization, expletives for the sake of expletives, and you have a game that is ultimately amusing, but never quite engrossing, and never really elevates itself above being juvenile.

I do hate the character movement of GTA. With Drake in Uncharted, he seemed way more limber and climbing obviously was done with ease. With the GTA characters, they all seem so damn stiff and even there are times when I jump assuming the character would climb the wall and he just hits the wall and falls to the ground. Something about it just seems very mechanical about the characters.

GTA also lacks a hardened story line. I feel this is where Red Dead Redemption was better because it had some sort of history to it all with the guys past and interactions with the other characters. GTA at least takes its role for being over the top cause you sometimes need a less serious game to play.

I know I'm gonna catch hell for ******** on what for a lot of people is a top tier game.

GTA5 is fun, and large, offers a variety of activities. It's like a carnival of disparate mini-games. But, I'm not sure the game does any particularly thing well. It does some terribly (shooting mechanics)

Moreover, the characters are so poorly drawn or one-dimensional that it's difficult to relate to any of them.

Add in horrible minority and female characterization, expletives for the sake of expletives, and you have a game that is ultimately amusing, but never quite engrossing, and never really elevates itself above being juvenile.
Agree 1000%!!!

I do hate the character movement of GTA. With Drake in Uncharted, he seemed way more limber and climbing obviously was done with ease. With the GTA characters, they all seem so damn stiff and even there are times when I jump assuming the character would climb the wall and he just hits the wall and falls to the ground. Something about it just seems very mechanical about the characters.

GTA also lacks a hardened story line. I feel this is where Red Dead Redemption was better because it had some sort of history to it all with the guys past and interactions with the other characters. GTA at least takes its role for being over the top cause you sometimes need a less serious game to play.

Totes McGoats.

It definitely is.. I love U2 but TLOU has much better character development and overall story. Also I enjoy the stealthy aspect of TLOU as opposed to Uncharted which is heavy run and gun shooting.

I'm just mad I won't be able to play it on PS4, hows the storyline so far for you guys?
 "It's long been  known  that Sony hopes to use Gaikai's technology to stream PlayStation, PS2 and PS3 games to the PlayStation 4 in lieu of hardware-based backwards compatibility"
nthat.gif

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/25/sony-gaikai-may-deliver-playstation-content-to-other-devices/

Just waiting for the single player content. Haven't played MP is a long time. Would be too overmatched.

Somewhat disappointed by the DLC announcement. There was a lot of potential in untold stories just to go back to playing as Ellie. Going to give it a purchase anyway since I won't have the PS4 for a while.

Somewhat disappointed by the DLC announcement. There was a lot of potential in untold stories just to go back to playing as Ellie. Going to give it a purchase anyway since I won't have the PS4 for a while.

I would have preferred seeing Ish's story but I too will give it a purchase. It should be interesting to learn more about Elli before she linked up with Joel but I do agree there were better options including playing as Mike and Sam as well.

Why did I wait this long to give this game a whirl?

Joint has me terrified over here, like I'm really about to get ravaged by clickers. :lol: The atmosphere is straight up incredible!! Had to will myself away from it to get some sleep...not many games these days do that to me.

Same here man. Feels like a bit of a cop out

Same here man. Feels like a bit of a cop out

I know they announced 3 DLC's. 2 mp and 1 sp. But is there any chance they announce more single player dlc?

i would have loved to play as Ish, or Joel's brother.

I love naughty dog, but this feels like a wasted opportunity :frown:

Back
Top Bottom