**Official "The Last Of Us" a PS3 exclusive thread**

Yes, they also changed the locations of some med packs. I like the change. Before they were out in the open and people would one shot snipe you from halfway across the university.

I do as well except for the change to the bin on Lakeside that was near the snowmobile. I liked where it was before because after grabbing your items you could dip into that little room in the house and craft. Now you are too out in the open and can go to a little corner near the first house.

Best game I've ever played.

Ending left me unsettled but I was very emotionally involved doe. Seems like I got more and more into it as they had more experiences together.

My girl watched me play and I kid with her telling her I wonder what Ellie is doing.... Miss Joel's crazy self too.

I still havent tried out the Multiplayer on this, Im going to before it dies though.

Yes, they also changed the locations of some med packs. I like the change. Before they were out in the open and people would one shot snipe you from halfway across the university.

I do as well except for the change to the bin on Lakeside that was near the snowmobile. I liked where it was before because after grabbing your items you could dip into that little room in the house and craft. Now you are too out in the open and can go to a little corner near the first house.

For the love of god, if you're new to multiplayer, please stop running off on your own. This isn't COD. :lol:

And stop sprinting all the time, MFs can see you on their radar.

This Is The Last of Us’ New Multiplayer Mode
It’s time to interrogate.
by Colin Moriarty AUGUST 28, 2013

A few weeks ago, we posted a series of exclusive videos outlining each multiplayer map in the PlayStation 3-exclusive The Last of Us. It was there that we talked about how much we loved playing online, and were excited for future DLC announcements for The Last of Us that developer Naughty Dog has been teasing.

Today, one such mode was revealed by Kotaku. The new mode – called Interrogation – will come with patch 1.03, meaning the mode will be available completely free of charge.

Interrogation mode is "complicated," according to multiplayer designer Robert Ryan, but the crux of the mode is this: find and raid your opponents’ safe by interrogating fallen players via special executions. Your team must collectively interrogate five opponents to find the location of their lockbox, and interrogations take quite a bit longer than a special execution, leaving you susceptible to attack.

Interrogation comes in two waves – collecting information and then cracking the enemy safe – and you can only do the latter task by successfully completing the former task.

Patch 1.03 also comes with five significant fixes, listed below.

When reviving a teammate, your range has been increased.
Item bin locations have been rebalanced in some places.
Special executions can now be halted by teammates.
Matchmaking has been improved.
Item spawns have been tweaked to not give teams too many items.

We’ve reached out to Sony for more information, including the release date of the patch, and we’ll update when we hear back.

Interrogation sounds interesting. I would have liked to see a Horde like mode.

i do that and i still get 10+ downs/executions

....along with a crazy amount of deaths so I doubt you really are helping your team. I too am annoyed when people play like its COD....not that kind of game at all and you are not helping your team.

Definitely like the news about this patch. I love that you can now stop special executions!

What are the odds of someone like me, no multiplayer experience in this game at all, not getting destroyed in my first 100 matches or so?

Patch 1.03 also comes with five significant fixes, listed below.

When reviving a teammate, your range has been increased.
Item bin locations have been rebalanced in some places.
Special executions can now be halted by teammates.
Matchmaking has been improved.
Item spawns have been tweaked to not give teams too many items.

Finally! It'd be nice to play with other beginners for once. I'm still getting the hang of the MP but it's not easy when the game puts me up against others who are level 60-100's :lol:

What are the odds of someone like me, no multiplayer experience in this game at all, not getting destroyed in my first 100 matches or so?
Slim to none.

Forreal real doe, I'm a gigantic 3rdPS fan and it still took me a good 20 - 30 losses to finally get the hang of what the hell's going on. My teams hated me during deez times.

Might even say there's no other 3rdPS like this (yes fanboy?). Closest thing I can think of is Gears of War.

Yea the game matching system in this game sucks... soo you're going to murked for a while.

Last edited:
Interrogation made is fun, but....

requires a level of cooperation not attainable by 1 or 2 people.  

The team has to move as a unit: hit boxes together, attack the other team together, etc.  And every game I play there is usually one rogue element in my team who wants to do his own thing and is on the other side of the map, giving up interrogations.

Surprised we haven't gotten any DLC yet. Any word? I want to see a coop mode where you face rounds of an endless wave of clickers (think zombies in black ops)
Interrogation is cool especially if completing a faction mission because interrogation matches tend to last longer.

Granted I haven't finished GTA yet, but Last Of Us still gets my vote for game of the year.

Agree. GTA is good and one of the best but it is still GTA. Last Of Us even though on that zombie hype was something new and the stand out was the little girl character. Still though....what a way to end the year and to end this generation of consoles.

Granted I haven't finished GTA yet, but Last Of Us still gets my vote for game of the year.
I wanted to ask about this in the GTA thread, but was afraid that instead of a reasonable, contemplative response from an individual who has played both, I would just get flamed.

Can you compare the two....

graphically

on narrative

significance for future of gaming

fun factor

etc

I wanted to ask about this in the GTA thread, but was afraid that instead of a reasonable, contemplative response from an individual who has played both, I would just get flamed.

graphically
on narrative
fun factor
etc

Graphics are great on both games but I'd give the nod to TLOU
Story line I won't speak on because I haven't finished GTA, probably not even half way through, but the story from the Last of Us is easily one of the most gripping stories in a game I've ever played.
GTA is a ton of fun, but I gotta admit, there are times I get sick of driving around :lol:
From a challenge perspective, The Last Of Us was a lot more challenging. There were parts of that game I would die 30 times on before finally passing it.

They are both great games in their own perspective, but at the end of the day GTA has been done before, it's essentially just the best version of itself to date.

Sure, the zombie phase is at an all time high, and maybe The Last of Us capitalized on that... but it's easily one of the best games I've ever played.

graphically

on narrative

fun factor

etc

Graphics wise I'm going GTA even though I'm sure LoU beats it out pixel wise. Reason being is becuase its easier to make things stick out when everything is vibrant and proper as opposed to being a wasteland. I say the same thing when I compare Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. Not true to the numbers but oh well.

Everything else belongs to LoU especially significance of future gaming. Its one of the greatest single player games ever, a gold standard that everyone will try to copy.

Back
Top Bottom