**Official "The Last Of Us" a PS3 exclusive thread**

I don't eem wanna play anymore :lol: :smh: :lol: :smh:

Hell I might just do the hack myself if this is the best naughty dog can do for matchmaking

jo0rHlrhxpa6q.JPG

Beat it on Survivor 8)

The two parts I thought would be the hardest didnt turn out to be....

It was the damn clickers and bloater when I was with David as Ellie. I had a sliver of life, so I basically had to do a perfect run. :smh:

Nice to hear 6 trophy dings once I completed it. :lol:

Last edited:
Ending was absolutely perfect. What exactly did you not like about the ending and how would you have made a better ending?
The problem is...in mainstream media (movies, tv shows, video games) people feel the need for finality.  They need to know how the character's life ends, or they need to know the world is saved.  However, as bookworms can attest, sometimes a story is just a story and by the end of the novel there has been plenty of character development but little has changed about the world.  This game was the story of Joel and Ellie's cross-country journey and the development of their interpersonal relationship as well as each's own personal development.  In regards to the aforementioned, I think the ending was fantastic.  It gives you a peak into Joel's soul as he comes full circle from loving father, to emotionally detatched survivor, to selfish murderous emotionally-involved caretaker.  

What I love about the ending is it that it exposes Joel.  Even after sparing Ellie from the procedure, he couldn't even give her the knowledge of the truth so that she might make a decision for herself.  Maybe he's doing it ouf of love, or maybe he's doing it out fear she might go along with the surgery.  But it's sure that he is doing it because he can't let go.  

Last edited:
I still believe the hardest part of the game is the last wave of infected in SLC in the tunnels right before the hospital. What was your guys' strategy?
I basically used my ammo strictly on clickers and focused only on them first. Then after they were all gone, I just melee runners. I also made sure to continue moving so Ellie can shoot them while waves of infected are chasing after me. Then with the 2 bloaters, I had to do a lil baiting with the bottle and molotovs. Then I just kept running around so I'm avoiding their bombs and Ellie is shooting them while they're chasing after me.

Last edited:
School me. Only part I see being able to stealth is inside the hallway where the 3 runners are just posted up in there. Otherwise, I don't see it possible with so many runners just walking around everywhere.

I still believe the hardest part of the game is the last wave of infected in SLC in the tunnels right before the hospital. What was your guys' strategy?
I basically used my ammo strictly on clickers and focused only on them first. Then after they were all gone, I just melee runners. I also made sure to continue moving so Ellie can shoot them while waves of infected are chasing after me. Then with the 2 bloaters, I had to do a lil baiting with the bottle and molotovs. Then I just kept running around so I'm avoiding their bombs and Ellie is shooting them while they're chasing after me.

I saved up 3 molotovs. Used one on the first bloater, then the last two on the two bloaters and clickers. I had the diablo maxed so I used it on anyone that didnt get caught in the fire radius. I used bottles before the molotov to get them to crowd together.

Last edited:
^^ I stealth played that whole part.  Mad easy.

Same I didn't kill anything in the tunnels apart from the first bloater and runners cos they're unavoidable.

I just threw bricks and bottles to lure all the infected away and shuffled past them along the far left wall.

Just started Uncharted 1..... wow have games come a long way on PS3. The Last Of Us is SOOOOOOOOOOOO far ahead of it graphically and every other way. Playing strictly for the storyline.

Just started Uncharted 1..... wow have games come a long way on PS3. The Last Of Us is SOOOOOOOOOOOO far ahead of it graphically and every other way. Playing strictly for the storyline.

UC1 is horrible IMO. I regretted buying the UC series off Amazon while I was playing through it. Horrible jumping mechanics, extremely repetitive, etc. But UC2 and 3 are :smokin :smokin :smokin So many games today copy those two and overdo it (for example, the set pieces). Uncharted had that perfect balance

^^ I stealth played that whole part.  Mad easy.
^ This.

Once I got to that part, I went behind the truck, stealth kill the runner standing by the car, then threw a bottle towards the middle so all the infected went towards it. There was one clicker who didn't move so I just walked by it very slowly.

The problem is...in mainstream media (movies, tv shows, video games) people feel the need for finality.  They need to know how the character's life ends, or they need to know the world is saved.  However, as bookworms can attest, sometimes a story is just a story and by the end of the novel there has been plenty of character development but little has changed about the world.  This game was the story of Joel and Ellie's cross-country journey and the development of their interpersonal relationship as well as each's own personal development.  In regards to the aforementioned, I think the ending was fantastic.  It gives you a peak into Joel's soul as he comes full circle from loving father, to emotionally detatched survivor, to selfish murderous emotionally-involved caretaker.  

What I love about the ending is it that it exposes Joel.  Even after sparing Ellie from the procedure, he couldn't even give her the knowledge of the truth so that she might make a decision for herself.  Maybe he's doing it ouf of love, or maybe he's doing it out fear she might go along with the surgery.  But it's sure that he is doing it because he can't let go.  

Great post!!

I agree with you 100% about people feeling the need for finality and it probably is the major reason (although they won't admit it) why some may not like the ending of this game. This is a story that was indeed amazing regarding the interpersonal relationship between the 2 main characters and was well deserving of the ending it received.

ok so i don't have the game (no PS3) but im watching a walkthrough of it on youtube for some experience
laugh.gif
I'm at the part where Ellie just told she was infected 3 weeks ago and just escaped the cops looking for them with a cut scene of her might be having a cure. calling it now, scout's honor didn't cheat, that this is the same plot as the movie of Children of Men and Tess will die shortly and the main guy(idk his name but the dude you are) will too at the end but Ellie goes through.

I barely read anything in here to spoil me

When I got to the two bloaters,clickers and runners part I didn't have resources or health to kill even one clicker, let alone two bloaters, so I kept throwing bottles and bricks to to the south side to lead them away. As I was taking down the crate to hop on top of the bus, a bloater peeped me and I diped

Amazing numbers for a console exclusive. Not Halo or Gran Tourismo numbers, but very impressive. Well deserved, too. Im happy to see this game is so well received, as its one of the best game experiences Ive had in a while.

The Last of Us Sells 3.4 Million Copies in Three Weeks
Naughty Dog's post-apocalyptic epic is the fastest-selling PS3 title of 2013.
by Luke Karmali JULY 9, 2013

Sony has revealed The Last of Us has sold over 3.4 million copies in three weeks, making it the fastest-selling PS3 game of 2013.

The figure takes into account both boxed and digital sales of the post-apocalyptic adventure, with Sony revealing that the PlayStation 3-exclusive has exceeded sales expectations.

Sony's Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida said, "These sales figures are a testament to the blockbuster quality of The Last of Us.

"The teams at Naughty Dog are true visionaries and their storytelling capabilities are second to none, this title is an undisputed demonstration of that. SCE continues to be committed to delivering unique gameplay experiences that redefine the interactive entertainment industry and The Last of Us is a perfect example."

Interesting fact: This is the exact same number of copies Tomb Raider managed to shift in its first month, though the multiplatform game failed to hit Square Enix's targets.

Both Naughty Dog and Sony have been tight-lipped so far over whether we'll see another game set in the Cordyceps-decimated world, though given these figures, we imagine some very interesting conversations are being had.

Last edited:
^I am thrilled this game sold well and is being well received but as much as I love the game I honestly think there is no need for a sequel. The game is great and so is its ending and it should stand alone as it is.

Last edited:
For all those who have finished the game...You'd probably agree, that it's not too early to start the conversation.

Where does TLOU rank in this generation of games?

in the history of games?

I mean, the gameplay while good is nothing groundbreaking.  But the story-telling, and mature characters / themes set this game apart from most others (Note: I said mature, not adult).

I feel like the same was done to the PS2 as this game did to the PS3. The God of War came out around the time the PS3 was about to come out and really pushed the PS2 to its limits and I feel like the same was done with this game and the PS3. The PlayStation's limits weren't really pushed until the end of its product cycle. Don't think I was about to say the same about the PS1, though.

For all those who have finished the game...You'd probably agree, that it's not too early to start the conversation.

in the history of games?

I mean, the gameplay while good is nothing groundbreaking.  But the story-telling, and mature characters / themes set this game apart from most others (Note: I said mature, not adult).

I think TLOU is the best game of this generation for all the reasons you just mentioned. Many will say COD4 is the best game of this generation. I think it had the most impact of any game of this generation for what it did as far introducing FPS to a whole new group of video gamers. However, TLOU is the best and most complete game of this generation.

For me in the history of gaming it ranks among the best IMO. Upon finishing this game I had the same feeling of satisfaction that I had when completing Ocarina of Time or Final Fantasy VII. This game is right up there with those two great games. What makes the aforementioned gamse great is the amazing experience created by superb storyteling and TLOU accomplished that brilliantly.

Top 3 this generation (Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 2)

Top 10 PlayStation exclusive

Top 25 all time

I think thats about where I'd put it. Again, its so early, I may be over-hyping it a bit. Best to come back after 5 years and see how I feel.

Last edited:
Borrowing a friend's copy tonight, then i'll be able to read through this thread finally.

in the history of games?

I even think The Walking Dead video game does a decent job on keeping things mature even though the graphics are a little on the cartoon side. It also doesn't have groundbreaking gameplay but the story and characters is what makes it good. It is sort of the same with TLOU but I did find the game oddly slow at times. I think it was a nice contrast from Uncharted but wouldn't have been as compelling if it weren't for games like Resident Evil and other games like that. That is my main gripe about this game is it is just capitlizing on this whole zombie craze right now and I don't find it that original and groundbreaking as people are making it. Still.......solid game to end the PS3 era and big kudos for Naught Dog for doing such a great job considering they made games like Crash Bandicoot and Jak.

Back
Top Bottom