Official Stock Market Thread

If nationalizing the banking system cannot get two green days
smh.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

GM FTW!!! i picked it up at $5 on like thursday...do u think it will still rise?

If you dont sell GM your stupid. Its a lottery ticket. They are talking about a deal with Chrysler which will probably wipe the stock out unless they do it in cash.
got super lucky, put in a market order to sell at $7.50 last night...got rid of it early this morning at $7.94
pimp.gif
and it now closed at $6.54
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
make a quick almost $600 cuz i had 200 shares and i baught iton thursday so im gonna keep an eye on GM and buy/sell it daily if it keeps bouncing around.

whats the best online trading service for investing smaller amounts (couple grand) and trading frequently any kind of stock? is sharebuilder ok or do theycharge high fees? that seems like the most hastle free joint to sign up with. im lookin to transfer from doin it through my bank to trading online.

How do you guys think aapl will do in the next couple of days? Do you guys think their new mac book will sell?

59 Piffy. I have a sharebuilder account and it seems to run pretty smoothly for me. Although I'm sure they're some better sites for investing in largeramounts of money. I only use about 2 grand on that site.

aapl is coming out with earnings soon and they usually disappoint with guidance so be careful

Originally Posted by XI ShinE XI

How do you guys think aapl will do in the next couple of days? Do you guys think their new mac book will sell?

Apple has the weirdest stock fluctuations ever...from what i've seen, there is always a huge sell-off whenever Jobs does his lil product announcement gigs.Happened with the iphone (2nd gen 3g release). It could just be me though...

Anyway, if you're looking to go long with apple, then its a sure bet. If not, be careful of the market "land-mines". Take into consideration thatapple products are expensive relative to its competitors--now factor in the current economy and you should realize that not to many people out there arewilling to drop macbook/macbook pro type money when they can get a dell for a lot cheaper. As wonderful as Mac are (and i say this 'cause i'm usingmine right now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
), they're somewhat expensive. I purchased mine before this summer. Anylater and i would've just bought something cheaper considering cash is getting tight...portfolio not looking to great...as i am sure a lot of ya'll canrelate...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Dont know much about stocks but I just saw the company I work for go frfom $9 to $22. I knew I should of hopped online and got some. Morgan stanley BTW.

My boss copped 10 gs in stock when it was at 9 and i think he selling/sold it already.

What's a good site to start buying some stocks ?

Looks like that rally is over damn
smh.gif

The fundamentals of the economy are starting to come out and they aint nothing to rally over

whats good with ford? good short term stock...if u pick it up at $2.25 and even if you get rid of it at $3 thats a descent profit maybe a couple days...anybodythink it will do ok?

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

whats good with ford? good short term stock...if u pick it up at $2.25 and even if you get rid of it at $3 thats a descent profit maybe a couple days...anybody think it will do ok?
They are worse then GM. If its a short term trade and you know what your doing sure but you could just as easily be wiped out. Just because astock has a low price and its a recognizable name doesnt mean it is "cheap" Car sales are down 30% this year these car companies are dying.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Dont know much about stocks but I just saw the company I work for go frfom $9 to $22. I knew I should of hopped online and got some. Morgan stanley BTW.

My boss copped 10 gs in stock when it was at 9 and i think he selling/sold it already.

What's a good site to start buying some stocks ?

pimp.gif

I got in late because I was in class. I bought 200 shares at 12.10 and sold them at 22.40. MS was severly undervalued. Everyone sold after Moody'sannounced they may lower MS's credit rating. Mitsubishi Financials announced that they were going to proceed with buying 21% like agreed and itskyrocketed. I profited a little over 2000 after commissions.

Don't expect to make trades like that on the daily if you get into the stock market. That was the best trade of my life so far and I don't expect tomatch it anytime soon.

only 100.....im holdin it long though. id get in right now since shorts are tryin to squeeze it......

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

only 100.....im holdin it long though. id get in right now since shorts are tryin to squeeze it......

You really think NCC is worth anything? I hope you get out before they get taken over by the FDIC.

But anyway. That was the fastest rally known to man good lord. All of those people that jumped in at the "bottom" anyone sell yet? getting ansy? Howare people still optimistic about stocks did any of you guy see the economic data? Bonds are giving a much higher return with less risk thats where my money isabout to go.
pimp.gif
IMO stocks in general aint going to return +*%@for a while.

I just dont understand how people who arent day trading can throw their money into this market with this volitility and not be at their computer every secondof the day watching the ticker. Do you guys realize how much risk you are taking on.

Anybody have any input on purchasing some shares of Coke while it's so low?
You missed it. They are already up after their earnings were good. They are in a good position because of their overseas business apparenty(according to CNBC) But if you buy them now you are just chasing. The market is probably going to test 7900 again most likely there is going to be moreopportunities to buy and maybe by then the economy will actually be good and stocks will actually give some real returns.

I used to have stocks....the only stocks that i have right now is from my 401K .......some of my co-workers that are retiring this year were really affected bythe stocks....their retirement money were deducted as much as $50,000 or more.....that's a lot of money...

Originally Posted by 23sole collector23

I used to have stocks....the only stocks that i have right now is from my 401K .......some of my co-workers that are retiring this year were really affected by the stocks....their retirement money were deducted as much as $50,000 or more.....that's a lot of money...

Anyone who is going to retire in probably the next 3-4 years is going to get KILLED. Sad part is these analysts are telling them to dollar cost average whenthere is no signs of end to the pain yet. Lets throw good money after bad woohoo.

But anyways, just think people. Mortgage rates are still rising, the credit markets are still frozen and the Fed has nationalized the banking system. The 700Billion dollar bailout is really at 2.5 Trillion at this point. The US Government which is already 9 trillion in debt is in theory on the hook for the lossesof the 62 trillion dollar derivatives market these bankers/wall street created. There isnt any bullets left in the Feds gun except to lower interest rates. Howcan you guys have any confidence right now? Am I missing something?

If youre young and looking for the long term then now would be a good time to be dollar cost averaging. Good to be greedy when others are fearful

Originally Posted by theone2401

59 Piffy wrote:

You really think NCC is worth anything? I hope you get out before they get taken over by the FDIC.

But anyway. That was the fastest rally known to man good lord. All of those people that jumped in at the "bottom" anyone sell yet? getting ansy? How are people still optimistic about stocks did any of you guy see the economic data? Bonds are giving a much higher return with less risk thats where my money is about to go.
pimp.gif
IMO stocks in general aint going to return +*%@ for a while.

Anybody have any input on purchasing some shares of Coke while it's so low?
You missed it. They are already up after their earnings were good. They are in a good position because of their overseas business apparenty (according to CNBC) But if you buy them now you are just chasing. The market is probably going to test 7900 again most likely there is going to be more opportunities to buy and maybe by then the economy will actually be good and stocks will actually give some real returns.

Long-Term investors should not be putting money into the market. theone2401 is right, our economic data is not looking good. Plus you have to realize thatthese companies we're trading right now aren't going to have superb news when they release quarterly reports. I think I read that economists areexpecting a 12-18 month bear market. Long-term investing involves following the natural upward trend in the market but when the market is trending downward, itdoesn't pay to put money into the market.

That said, short-term traders should be looking to capitalize off of this current volatility. People don't know where many of these companies should betrading at, so there is going to be a lot of swings in the prices of many companies. I expect to see a lot of large percent-wise movements in the market.Morgan Stanley was a big example of that, moving almost 100% in price on Monday.

As for NCC, there are a number of companies looking to purchase it right now. It's price is trading on anxiety and more news on its situation should causea big change in it's price.

Back
Top Bottom