Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

smh.gif
Should have brought Warner bros. knew it was going to jump up because of Slumdog Millionaire releasing on DVD

is that your method of buying stocks/>

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

smh.gif
Should have brought Warner bros. knew it was going to jump up because of Slumdog Millionaire releasing on DVD

is that your method of buying stocks/>
Not always, but I think it's a good bet. Considering what happened last time when the Ironman DVD came out.

laugh.gif
a lot of people are not using sound judgment when buying stocks, yowza. i haven't seen DKY in a while...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by keiththekid1

@+* is with gold?

Market goes UP, Gold goes down. Market goes DOWN, Gold goes UP.

Often true. But the dollar is down today, they usually always means Gold goes up. And more IMF funding means more printing...which means the dollar goes downmore. I am confused as to why gold has not shot thru the roof lately.....

eek.gif
Could we get back up to 8000 mark today... who knows.

4 consecutive weeks of the DOW ending on a good week would be pretty good. Ofcourse there's gonna be a huge plunge when job figures are releasedtomorrow.... the estimates of 740K+ is crazy though.... hopefully the stimulus job creation starts to begin in June or July.

I knew the expected announcement of easing "mark to market" would have a positive ripple effect. That was too easy to see, now the question is, doesit spark something to continue (only subsequently to lead us down the same path, but thats for a different post)?

Do investors realize that they are going to get hit so hard when this rally eventually crashes very very hard?

The Market is surging... see how long this keeps up for today.

pimp.gif
@ RIMM breaking $50... knew it was a good idea to invest when it wentbelow $37.

Obama should leave the country more often.
pimp.gif

We're giving $1,000,000,000,000,000.00 to the International Monetary Fund. What a %***++# joke!
roll.gif

Like CruThik said, this is not going to end well. This spike was expected.

I knew the expected announcement of easing "mark to market" would have a positive ripple effect.

"By this means government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people, and not one man in a million will detect thetheft."
-- John Maynard Keynes

The problem is that the damage is already done. MTM is why the assets went toxic, and killed the market. The assets still can't be valued, but now we DOknow if MTM goes away, that value WILL be much higher.

I'm still waiting to get into my short positions.

With the M2M rule, the toxic assets won't be disclosed in the balance sheets of the financials, right? Therefore, they can make it look like they made aprofit for this quarter, which obviously is false.

The problem is that the damage is already done. MTM is why the assets went toxic, and killed the market. The assets still can't be valued, but now we DO know if MTM goes away, that value WILL be much higher.

MTM isn't why the assets are toxic..they are toxic because they are based on crappy mortgages for shacks in Cali and FL. True that theycan't be valued though, banks have to model the mortgage cashflows without having much of a clue on how far housing prices will fall..a HUGE variable. Iused to work on underwriting subprime securities in '06 to '07
tired.gif
, wonder if I can dig up some data on how much delinquency/foreclosure those deals are seeing now (gotta be ugly)

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

pimp.gif
@ RIMM breaking $50... knew it was a good idea to invest when it went below $37.

you da man, i bought at 59

HEAVYYY resistance at 8000. Continue to watch that tomorrow. A lot of computer based program systems are programmed to sell off at those supports so we'llhave to see what happens when things are reprogrammed. A lot of companies look poised to break out to the upside.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

pimp.gif
@ RIMM breaking $50... knew it was a good idea to invest when it went below $37.

you da man, i bought at 59
Damn you should have waited, gonna be a massive selloff. All those people like myself that bought at $37 will be doing some profit takin
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I really wanna hold but an extra $2200 is too enticing

NT, I'm looking into Sharia compliant investment firms. Do any of you have any experience working with a compliant firm????

^ People are just guessing on FAS and FAZ right now. If you would have listened to this board and bought FAZ when everyone was hyping it up... you'd bedown over 30% already.

BTW... I thought I should mention that I just picked up some FAZ. Generally I trade FAS, but I'm gonna try and make a couple of bucks in faz.

market is nearing a possible short term top, my guess is around 8200-300 on the dow when it hits the trendline and plus weve been overbought for quite sometime. I dont think were going to test the lows but we should see some selling pressure at that level.

GLD also looks like it might breakdown if it closes below 87. You can see a small head and shoulders forming.

I think oil is safest play right now

Back
Top Bottom