Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

about 11500, around $250 worth. anyone willing to take the risk with GM for a quick gain??

and which site shows the most real time prices??

I knew I should have brought SRS last week
smh.gif
smh.gif
actually there might still be some gain this week.

They have tutorial videos for first timers, customer service is top notch, Paper Money program, and the fees aren't too crazy......how can you not loveTOS?? It's actually pretty easy to use after a while.

We might have some further legs in this rally. We stayed under 7500 for some points intraday but we bounced above it at close. Keep on checking it out. MorganStanley reports tomorrow, as this is the first barometer of the financials health. EPS estimated at .22 along with a slew of economic indicators beingreleased. Unemployment is out on Friday so that could further shake up the markets. I expect the VIX to move up a lot.

NT, I'm about to take the plunge. When I get paid at the end of the week I'm opening a roth IRA. I have a few invesment plans as far as where I want toput my money but maybe people on here with more experience can explain if I'm on the right track

I have limited $$$ but I'm wanting to jump in while stocks are cheap and plus I plan on holding these mutual funds for years and years. My first grand willgot to a mutual fund (Roth IRA) of some sort of already conceived Index. I think it's a safer play for someone just trying to get in the game.

After this I plan to invest in two other sectors with probably two separate mutual funds or maybe consolidate the two once i read more into how to do that. Butthe sectors I'm aiming for is a New Alternatives Fund that focuses on going green. With Obama in office he has stated many times how he wants to invest inthe R & D of alternative energy and I figure that even if just one makes it out of the many approaches (wind, solar, clean coal, yada yada) then this fundwill be diverse enough for some sort of return. It also invests in businesses that are economically sound.

Another round of investing will go towards healthcare technology and pharmaceuticals. R & D is always poured into this field, but with baby boomers gettingbrittle the need for more prescription drugs and new ways of healing and treating various ailments I think this is a good place to put some money.

After I have invested in these, I have personally hand picked a diverse portfolio of stocks that I liked after researching these stocks and companies. This ismy last because it is my own created portfolio and who knows the likelihood it will perform well.

My hope is to put in about $6,000 in these funds in the next two months, most likely utilizing the minimum investments for these funds...So what do ya'llthink? There is only so much reading one can do on this stuff but I think the real learning is in experiencing and thats what I'm about to do. Just wantedto see if any of you had some tidbits that might help or precautions for me. Thanks in advan

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

NT, I'm about to take the plunge. When I get paid at the end of the week I'm opening a roth IRA. I have a few invesment plans as far as where I want to put my money but maybe people on here with more experience can explain if I'm on the right track

I have limited $$$ but I'm wanting to jump in while stocks are cheap and plus I plan on holding these mutual funds for years and years. My first grand will got to a mutual fund (Roth IRA) of some sort of already conceived Index. I think it's a safer play for someone just trying to get in the game.

After this I plan to invest in two other sectors with probably two separate mutual funds or maybe consolidate the two once i read more into how to do that. But the sectors I'm aiming for is a New Alternatives Fund that focuses on going green. With Obama in office he has stated many times how he wants to invest in the R & D of alternative energy and I figure that even if just one makes it out of the many approaches (wind, solar, clean coal, yada yada) then this fund will be diverse enough for some sort of return. It also invests in businesses that are economically sound.

Another round of investing will go towards healthcare technology and pharmaceuticals. R & D is always poured into this field, but with baby boomers getting brittle the need for more prescription drugs and new ways of healing and treating various ailments I think this is a good place to put some money.

After I have invested in these, I have personally hand picked a diverse portfolio of stocks that I liked after researching these stocks and companies. This is my last because it is my own created portfolio and who knows the likelihood it will perform well.

My hope is to put in about $6,000 in these funds in the next two months, most likely utilizing the minimum investments for these funds...So what do ya'll think? There is only so much reading one can do on this stuff but I think the real learning is in experiencing and thats what I'm about to do. Just wanted to see if any of you had some tidbits that might help or precautions for me. Thanks in advan
I like it that you have plan, since not everybody has one haha, but one thing I'd recommend would be to do further research into what fundyou're investing into and what you want to invest into. For instance, the funds you named up there are too prototypical, pharma's green's. Thinkoutside the box more, greenies are being subsidized like crazy cause their tech isn't really cost manageable, and with pharma's, the risk is also a bithigher than usual since there are a lot of make of break drugs. Take a look at some large cap funds, especially tech, since most of them are proven marketleaders.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

NT, I'm about to take the plunge. When I get paid at the end of the week I'm opening a roth IRA. I have a few invesment plans as far as where I want to put my money but maybe people on here with more experience can explain if I'm on the right track

I have limited $$$ but I'm wanting to jump in while stocks are cheap and plus I plan on holding these mutual funds for years and years. My first grand will got to a mutual fund (Roth IRA) of some sort of already conceived Index. I think it's a safer play for someone just trying to get in the game.

After this I plan to invest in two other sectors with probably two separate mutual funds or maybe consolidate the two once i read more into how to do that. But the sectors I'm aiming for is a New Alternatives Fund that focuses on going green. With Obama in office he has stated many times how he wants to invest in the R & D of alternative energy and I figure that even if just one makes it out of the many approaches (wind, solar, clean coal, yada yada) then this fund will be diverse enough for some sort of return. It also invests in businesses that are economically sound.

Another round of investing will go towards healthcare technology and pharmaceuticals. R & D is always poured into this field, but with baby boomers getting brittle the need for more prescription drugs and new ways of healing and treating various ailments I think this is a good place to put some money.

After I have invested in these, I have personally hand picked a diverse portfolio of stocks that I liked after researching these stocks and companies. This is my last because it is my own created portfolio and who knows the likelihood it will perform well.

My hope is to put in about $6,000 in these funds in the next two months, most likely utilizing the minimum investments for these funds...So what do ya'll think? There is only so much reading one can do on this stuff but I think the real learning is in experiencing and thats what I'm about to do. Just wanted to see if any of you had some tidbits that might help or precautions for me. Thanks in advan

It sounds like you should just buy gold.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

It sounds like you should just buy gold.
Gold isn't the answer to everything.

I agree. I wanted to buy gold, but it's in the now or the near future and I don't have that type of money to invest as much as I'd like just inGold. Mutual Funds are for the long haul and in 30-40 years from now I will definitely better off by putting what little money I do have no into stocks at acheap price then Gold.

I looked at the forum and this is indeed an April Fools joke. Other people have the same thing. But the funds are just there, can't be moved or used inanyway.

Back
Top Bottom