OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Never mind that's an earlier date.
laugh.gif

anybody think Jamba will get bought out by Starbucks?
thats a little rumor going around. JMBA has had a nice solid run.

What do you guys think about HBAN? They're saying their execs are making purchases in company stock.
nerd.gif

I haven't posted in here because I was ashamed at my lack of discipline.

Anyhow, here is my sentiment.

SHORT OIL, SHORT FINANCE

Market went up on weak and dumb stuff. This had nothing to do with anything other than to create a false image and feed a dead bull to the suckers. I 'expect' and look for the correction in this short week. For everyone's sake, we might just as well continue this run up non-stop.

*Disclaimer. I don't call stuff, but I position myself for it to happen. If it doesn't, then I dont' force it.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

anybody think Jamba will get bought out by Starbucks?
thats a little rumor going around. JMBA has had a nice solid run.

I thought they were affiliated someway or another, seeing how they open right next to each other.  JMBA's stock and fundamentals do not look good at all, but maybe Stars can revamp it, although Stars itself is in the process of recreating themselves.

I think Starbucks need more 'premium' beans or blends.  I'm tired of the beans they use, whether through the espresso or blends.

What effect will this have on the stock price?

7:25AM Cell Therapeutics to sell $20 mln of shares of Series 4Preferred Stock and warrants to purchase common stock to threeinstitutional investors (CTIC)0.60 : Co announced that it has entered into an agreement to sell $20million of shares of its Series 4 Preferred Stock and warrants topurchase shares of its common stock in a registered offering to threeinstitutional investors. Each share of Series 4 Preferred Stock isconvertible at the option of the holder, at any time during itsexistence, into 2,000 shares of common stock at a conversion price of$0.50 per share of common stock, for a total of 40,000,000 commonshares.

^ i'd assume it would bring down the stock price simply because of the dilution of EPS.

actually, i read that wrong, nvm.

for those in CTIC, what price did you get in at?  i'm liking the prospects, but i'm unsure of a price to get in at.

Lilchico4life, what's your current look on F?  Isn't this week going to show record car sales for them?  Why is taking a hit?

Originally Posted by CPG33

Lilchico4life, what's your current look on F?  Isn't this week going to show record car sales for them?  Why is taking a hit?

I honestly don't know what figures to expect. They're due tomorrow. I'm trading this off of TA alone. F is on a very stong uptrend though. It was due for a pullback as it was overbought. I think it is a good opportunity to load up and with a tight stop.

Edit: Made first tier buy in F. Will buy next tier on a 5%-7% dip. If it goes up, take profit.

Becareful, there is no way F will rise w/ the broad markets falling as I type this.

The question here is, how far is the pull back if it really is a pull back, or will we continue to pull further down.

My sentiment is coming true though, so it's a blessing. =)

However, I was incorrect about oil, though as broad markets fall, oil will follow suit.

I am still shorting oil and financial, although a bulk of my trades are into financial shorts. If we close tomorrow down hard, this will be the ignition of the slide. cheeeeeee hoooooo

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I am still shorting oil and financial, although a bulk of my trades are into financial shorts. If we close tomorrow down hard, this will be the ignition of the slide. cheeeeeee hoooooo
not today....damn commodities are killing it today!

Originally Posted by teddy jam

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

not today....damn commodities are killing it today!

Yeah.. I got stopped out w/ my fiancials.  The market is still in a bullish mode w/ no sense of correction.

Can you believe it? But I am not going to chase oil, though I keep saying, it's time for it to come back down. 

I am long and I bought the dip into the clsoe.

i don't know anything about ETFs but why do you feel like oil is gonna drop? If anything I feel like it's gonna go higher considering the fact that summer is right around the corner and we all know summer is when gas prices drive up.

Good lord, took a lot of profits apple/wynn 52 week hi's.  this money is burning a hole in my pocket.  when's this correction gonna finally come?  it's gotta be like 5 weeks up now...

Originally Posted by awon23

i don't know anything about ETFs but why do you feel like oil is gonna drop? If anything I feel like it's gonna go higher considering the fact that summer is right around the corner and we all know summer is when gas prices drive up.

You could be absolutely right about that, and this will be the scary thing, seeing another run of oil into the $100+

I made a bad trade with this as I ignored some basic indicators. shame on me.. The market has been pretty volatile, so stop losses are a must.

hehe slv did good. so did ng. did you guys read up on primericas ipo? they did pretty good even though i hate the company.

Originally Posted by awon23

do you think it's too late to get into ng?
maybe. follow gold and thats where ng goes. i say its a little overpriced now but anything can happen.

well i broke my arm again at six flags so il be sitting on the sidelines. il still post but i cant type as fast lol
ohwell.gif

hey guys, i have a question i'd like some insight on. i've been trying to read some stuff on the website but it's not really helping. hope i can get some insight from the ballers in this thread.

basically, a couple years ago i bought 70 shares of RIMM at $126 a share, hoping it would hit $160. from there, it went to $134 then dropped allll the way down to $35. i bought about 200 shares at $35 and sold the 200 shares at $65. now the stock is hovering around the high 60's.

basically, with all this smartphone competition and RIMM really lagging behind, is it safe for me to HOLD my initial 70 shares or just sell it right now and take the L?

i'm torn because on one hand, i believe that RIMM is a very smart company and can get things done to get back to the #1 spot in the smart phone market. on the other hand, i do have my doubts and i don't want them going the route motorola did and hit $10 a share.

advice?

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i'm torn because on one hand, i believe that RIMM is a very smart company and can get things done to get back to the #1 spot in the smart phone market. on the other hand, i do have my doubts and i don't want them going the route motorola did and hit $10 a share.

advice?

I'd wait until they release the tour 2 for verizon...

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

hey guys, i have a question i'd like some insight on. i've been trying to read some stuff on the website but it's not really helping. hope i can get some insight from the ballers in this thread.

basically, a couple years ago i bought 70 shares of RIMM at $126 a share, hoping it would hit $160. from there, it went to $134 then dropped allll the way down to $35. i bought about 200 shares at $35 and sold the 200 shares at $65. now the stock is hovering around the high 60's.

basically, with all this smartphone competition and RIMM really lagging behind, is it safe for me to HOLD my initial 70 shares or just sell it right now and take the L?

advice?

What is your current position.  What you did previously doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom