OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

^^

you were in before today? if so
pimp.gif

-J23C

I wish I was. I picked it up in my screener. Caught it at 1.62 and liked the charts and sold at 1.87.

Sold too soon as it went above 2.10

I'm done with DEAR. Came out with $1200. Will check back EOD if it starts moving again.

Edit: As soon as I close my position, it runs to 2.19.
mad.gif

I saw NEXM surge up, nice call on that one.

Loaded up on more ASFX, their new revolutionary thermometer was just featured on Good Morning America and Rachel Ray's show. Hope they sell a crapload...

Originally Posted by nicefro

finnns, what's your cost basis for ASFX?
My averaged price per share is $0.0195, so sky's the limit.

Does anyone here have any shares of Berkshire?
laugh.gif

yo teddy you should average down. theres a lot more downside to go imo. golds correcting right now. i can see ng back down to around 5 if this keeps up

do any of you use bollinger bands?

i just learned it now and would of waited to buy NG had i known about these

NG has touched the lower band already, so it should be recovering ...gold is almost touching it but not yet

solid entry point IMO

I use BB all the time. Start positions near lower BB. They're not always effective though so use them along with other indicators. If you can't trade,use the daily...you'll get better positions.

Originally Posted by teddy jam

what do you mean by "If you can't trade, use the daily...you'll get better positions. " ?
What I tell folks is if you aren't able to day trade, start positions near lower BB to eliminate much downside. I use BB while trading insmaller time frames. For swing trades, I use the daily and try to start positions near lower BB and average down if it drops any lower. Worked out really wellfor me so far.

All IMO.

do any of you use bollinger bands?
i just learned it now and would of waited to buy NG had i known about these
NG has touched the lower band already, so it should be recovering ...gold is almost touching it but not yet
solid entry point IMO

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

I use BB all the time. Start positions near lower BB. They're not always effective though so use them along with other indicators. If you can't trade, use the daily...you'll get better positions.

BB should not be the basis for your trade. They show a moving average of a certain timeframethat is X deviations away from the middle band. I'll try to find the article in Active Trade but they did a study which showed that usually the bandfollows the price when they converge. Meaning if the price falls and hits the lower BB, the BB may fall as well instead of bouncing like expected. No T/A toolis perfect else we'd all be millionaires.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

All regional banks are up today. My long terms look beautiful..SNV and PCBC.

The main banks are all down.

11:37 01/21 OBAMA BAN WOULD PREVENT BANKS OWNING,INVEST IN HEDGE/EQ FNDS

11:37 01/21 OBAMA PROPOSING RULE LIMIT COMM BANKS FROM PROP TRADING

11:37 01/21 SR ADMIN OFFL:BAN ON PROP TRADE ALSO APPLY TO BANK HOLDING COS>

11:37 01/21 ADMIN OFFL:WANT REGULATORS TO BE REQUIRED TO STOP PROP TRADING

If this happens, banks like JPM and GS which make most of their money from trading will lose a huge portion of their revenue. GS is down about 5% and theirCDS's surged 21%.

what do you mean by "If you can't trade, use the daily...you'll get better positions. " ?

If you can't daytrade, use the BB with daily charts for better entries. Intraday time frames won't really help you unless you're trading intraday.

Anyone watching the VIX today? The market's broken out of a channel it's been trading in and the VIX surged 17%+ today.

Back
Top Bottom