OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Somebody now if the mexican stock market (blosa mexicana de valores) is a strong place to start investing? I live in México so...

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

anycrzn- why do you use scottrade?

yup. etrades cool for the penny and foreign stocks. other than that i dont like the 13 dollar commission fee. so i stick with scottrade

Originally Posted by andycrazn

yo lilchico can you look at mcd for me? is that a triangle in the 6 month chart?

I'm trying to draw the trendlines the best I can, but it seems like a symmetrical triangle. Watch for breakout, as it can go either way.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by andycrazn

yo lilchico can you look at mcd for me? is that a triangle in the 6 month chart?

I'm trying to draw the trendlines the best I can, but it seems like a symmetrical triangle. Watch for breakout, as it can go either way.
yea im thinking the same thing. i just wanted confirmation from you. i guess il wait it out

very surprised Wal-mart was up earlier in the day and only down a tiny bit after they laid off 11,000 workers last week, and closed some 50 sams club stores the week before.

i was thinking of selling my stock in that company but I think I will hold on since my entry was around $48/share....earnings come soon

-J23C

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

very surprised Wal-mart was up earlier in the day and only down a tiny bit after they laid off 11,000 workers last week, and closed some 50 sams club stores the week before.

i was thinking of selling my stock in that company but I think I will hold on since my entry was around $48/share....earnings come soon

-J23C
maybe its a good thing. thats gonna save them alot of money.

^^

it is good for the company for sure. Sams Club is moving to a 3rd party company that already has been used in Wal-marts, whereas before they would come right out of payroll and have huge costs with not ROI because all that food that was given away for free was covered by the bottom line of the company. But when you see "Wal-mart/sams club to cut 11,000 jobs" as a headline you would think they are hurting, you know?

-J23C

Futures down pretty good. Break of 1085 on S&P and down we go.

SYA is a new stock that began trading Jan. 22. I'm watching this one very closely. Might attract a lot of investors since Buffett is its biggest investor.

Symetra Financial(SYA Quote), whose biggest investor is Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway(BRK.B Quote), priced its stock at $12 each, the bottom of its expected range.

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

I'm thinking about buying apple shares before tomorrows event, any advice?
Eh... I used to pay attention to this when I worked for Apple. A lot of times, the shares would actually go down after an event. Can't count on that.

It's almost up 5% today. Tomorrows event is already priced in. I expect it to be in the negative tomorrow.

Buy the rumor, sell the news.

Bout to get into this stock market thing and I was wondering what financial site should I use? Etrade? Scottrade? Any others?

which broker support after hour/premarket trades around the clock?

currently i have one that only allows 1 hour b4 market as pre, 1 hour after market as afterhour.

im expecting a continued sell off, but it'll be TOO GOOD to be ture.

etrade goes 8am-8pm

does anyone do around the clock
i see some action on google finance from 4am sometimes

How do you guys feel about Hanmi Bank stocks? I'm fresh off the boat with this investing game and I could use as much information as I can get.

lilchico..do you post on HSM too? I swear someone over on that board has the same name as you.

does anyone have the link to that book that was posted a few pages back?
i cant seem to find it i think it was andycrazn who posted it

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Eh... I used to pay attention to this when I worked for Apple. A lot of times, the shares would actually go down after an event. Can't count on that.

That's what I'm expecting, but this is my first time trading so I don't know allot. But My plan is to keep the shares that I bought and hold on until 4G iPhone drops.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Stack Bundless wrote:

It's almost up 5% today. Tomorrows event is already priced in. I expect it to be in the negative tomorrow.

Buy the rumor, sell the news.

I bought my shares before they went up, got them for 204,44$. I also don't have high expectations for tomorrow but I'm going semi-long term so tomorrow wont bother me to much.

Back
Top Bottom