OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

/YG above 1000. Should create a gap up in GLD. Probably will sell my GLD calls for a healthyprofit. /ES is up
smh.gif
. I guess I might buy some more puts/sell some of my calls if the open holds. I don't see how the market keeps going. I spent the wholeweekend drunk/high so I'm going to take it easy today.

Andycrazn, be careful trusting anyone giving stock tips. If you hear a bunch of them promoting one penny stock, it's not because the stock is good.It's because they're all promoting the same stock and causing idiots who believe them to buy. The internet makes pump and dumps too easy. If I had aserver and a list of email addresses, I could be a millionaire in a year.

People holding onto CTIC need to reevaluate the stock. I doubt it will perform over the next couple weeks from what I've read in this thread. Even if itdoes, who cares? The best thing you can do as a trader is to learn when to cut your losses. Don't fall in love with one stock and forget about the biggerpicture. Make one trade, profit or cut losses and keep it moving. It's like approaching a girl. If she's brushing you off, you wouldn't keeptrying. You'd chalk it up as a loss and move on.

As for the consensus on AEO, MRX and AET. I like to believe all stock charts are variations of each other, stemming from the main indicies charts. AEO, MRX andAET are all very similar except they seem to be in different stages. MRX had a big resistance trendline on the 2 year chart and broke out of it in May, testedthat line as support and then had a nice $4 upswing. AET looks like it just broke out of that resistance trendline and just recently tested it for support, itjust may break out like MRX did. AEO is on the verge of breaking out of the resistance trendline. Not really in depth analysis, just a quick observation beforeI leave for school.

Good luck today guys.

I saw MGM at 7.9

How is it at 9.46 now…jeez ..they are getting a huge lawsuit slapped on them and its up 10% today

Market is messed sometimes

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Andycrazn, be careful trusting anyone giving stock tips. If you hear a bunch of them promoting one penny stock, it's not because the stock is good. It's because they're all promoting the same stock and causing idiots who believe them to buy. The internet makes pump and dumps too easy. If I had a server and a list of email addresses, I could be a millionaire in a year.

People holding onto CTIC need to reevaluate the stock. I doubt it will perform over the next couple weeks from what I've read in this thread. Even if it does, who cares? The best thing you can do as a trader is to learn when to cut your losses. Don't fall in love with one stock and forget about the bigger picture. Make one trade, profit or cut losses and keep it moving. It's like approaching a girl. If she's brushing you off, you wouldn't keep trying. You'd chalk it up as a loss and move on.
lets talk...i work for cisco, i can get a server up quick
laugh.gif

as for CTIC, sorry if my hype made you buy...but that's why i say do your own DD. im still up a grip even though i took the L on the last run. i can'tcontrol the FDA's stupid decisions, but i will be back in this in the future. vegas is still on if it ever goes to 20-30
pimp.gif
(actually, ill be in vegas for the pacquiao v. cotto fight, so if you'rethere i'll be happy to buy you a drink)

now i need to find another gold mine.

i guess LVS isn't associated with MGM?

MGM is facing a securities class action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of all persons or entities who purchased the common stock of MGM Mirage("MGM" or the "Company") (NYSE:MGM - News) between August 2, 2007 and March 5, 2009,

The Complaint alleges that the defendants violated federal securities laws by issuing material misrepresentations to the market concerning MGM's financialperformance and prospects, thereby artificially inflating the price of MGM securities.

it's up 5% now....was up 10% earlier today

i wonder how this will play out .....could affect LVS

Originally Posted by teddy jam

I saw MGM at 7.9

How is it at 9.46 now…jeez ..they are getting a huge lawsuit slapped on them and its up 10% today

Market is messed sometimes
lvs> mgm

Originally Posted by iEternalv

Andycrazn, be careful trusting anyone giving stock tips. If you hear a bunch of them promoting one penny stock, it's not because the stock is good. It's because they're all promoting the same stock and causing idiots who believe them to buy. The internet makes pump and dumps too easy. If I had a server and a list of email addresses, I could be a millionaire in a year.

People holding onto CTIC need to reevaluate the stock. I doubt it will perform over the next couple weeks from what I've read in this thread. Even if it does, who cares? The best thing you can do as a trader is to learn when to cut your losses. Don't fall in love with one stock and forget about the bigger picture. Make one trade, profit or cut losses and keep it moving. It's like approaching a girl. If she's brushing you off, you wouldn't keep trying. You'd chalk it up as a loss and move on.
laugh.gif

as for CTIC, sorry if my hype made you buy...but that's why i say do your own DD. im still up a grip even though i took the L on the last run. i can't control the FDA's stupid decisions, but i will be back in this in the future. vegas is still on if it ever goes to 20-30
pimp.gif
(actually, ill be in vegas for the pacquiao v. cotto fight, so if you're there i'll be happy to buy you a drink)

Dont apologize. If anything you opened me and plenty of others to that company. At the end of the day I was the one that paid for the stock, you merely sentme in the direction. Its all good. I look forward to seeing what else you can pull out of your hat though!

CTIC is down to 1.43 now. I will wait to see what happens with this but will more than likely get in more toward that 2010 date.

-J23C

laugh.gif

PM me

Originally Posted by andycrazn

wow the dollar just dropped today.

Markets LOVE a weak dollar. I don't know the actual correlation but it seems like the play is dollar up, markets down or dollar down, marketsup.

Won't tell you guys what to buy, but check out some of these: FEEC, HYTM, GWMGF, ENER,GSX, CMZ, AKRX, CMIN, HLCS, and APT. I'm looking at different timelines, set ups on all those. All of them are penny stocks (since you guys love those)except for ENER and APT

It's like approaching a girl. If she's brushing you off, you wouldn't keep trying. You'd chalk it up as a loss and move on.
Only if it's just a one night thing, what if you actually want a relationship, you'd keep trying.
Trading vs. Investing; me not knowing which I'm trying to do has surely led to most of my losses.
ohwell.gif

Still holding CTIC from $1.76.

Originally Posted by nicefro

It's like approaching a girl. If she's brushing you off, you wouldn't keep
trying. You'd chalk it up as a loss and move on.
Only if it's just a one night thing, what if you actually want a relationship, you'd keep trying.
Trading vs. Investing;

laugh.gif
One night stands are the way to go right now. We don't love them hos (and by hos I mean stocks).

I'm all over the map with my timelines though, I just look for good risk/reward plays.

^

Nicefro, how many shares do you happen to own if you dont mind me asking?

Kicks, Thank you for the list. I will talk a look at these a little later on. But while looking very quickly, all those stocks are up, even as much as 30%, areyou just naming off penny stocks from a screener? or are these stocks that you have been watching for a bit?

-J23C

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Kicks, Thank you for the list. I will talk a look at these a little later on. But while looking very quickly, all those stocks are up, even as much as 30%, are you just naming off penny stocks from a screener? or are these stocks that you have been watching for a bit?

-J23C

Some new, some a few days old. I got all of them from a screener. I have a huge amount though, those are just some that are in play today (highest volumes).Some will continue the run, some won't (which is why I didn't include ones that are down). Just giving people companies to look at, they can do theirown due diligence.

Kicks, Thank you for the list. I will talk a look at these a little later on. But while looking very quickly, all those stocks are up, even as much as 30%, are you just naming off penny stocks from a screener? or are these stocks that you have been watching for a bit?

-J23C

Some new, some a few days old. I got all of them from a screener. I have a huge amount though, those are just some that are in play today (highest volumes). Some will continue the run, some won't (which is why I didn't include ones that are down). Just giving people companies to look at, they can do their own due diligence.

Are you able to link me to a good stock screener? I have tried to find one but I have yet to find one that I feel can get the job done.

-J23C

kicksfiend wrote:

jordan23collecta wrote:

-J23C

Some new, some a few days old. I got all of them from a screener. I have a huge amount though, those are just some that are in play today (highest volumes). Some will continue the run, some won't (which is why I didn't include ones that are down). Just giving people companies to look at, they can do their own due diligence.

Are you able to link me to a good stock screener? I have tried to find one but I have yet to find one that I feel can get the job done.

-J23C

Download the ThinkorSwim Desktop. It's free if you sign up for a paper account. I take basic screens each day (highest volume, largest net change (both +and -), largest percentage change (+ and -) and largest market cap) and compile it all on excel to find specific stocks. The stocks I suggested earlier was theresults of a compiled screen for penny stocks with highest volume. I posted the ones with the highest volumes on the day (minus any stocks that were down onthe day). Those are only suggestions and I strongly advise anyone looking into them to perform the proper due diligence.

Kicks, thank you

nice fro, you have mail back

how about gold breaking 1k/oz today!!! WOW

-J23C
yea it has to hold it though before anything happens. china telling their own people to get gold to protect their wealth hopefully will bring inbuyers that will push up the price. im not sure if its working but i have a feeling no ones going to buy..... they will probably think its too expensive to getin unless told otherwise.

Markets LOVE a weak dollar. I don't know the actual correlation but it seems like the play is dollar up, markets down or dollar down, markets up.
thats about right. inverse relation ftw. the game changed so much in the past year. i was surprised todays market was pretty weak considering howmuch the dollar dropped today. sometimes gold moves in the same direction as the dollar so i my guess is that theres alot of buying/selling occuring like lastweek.

Back
Top Bottom