OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Originally Posted by af1pops12

What are some good books i can buy to learn about stocks?
i have this book and many people on this board recommended it. but i never read it lol
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0071373616/?tag=niketalk0e-20
How To Make Money In Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times or Bad, 3rd Edition

also got peter schiffs the little book of bull moves in bear markets. never read it either but im gonna try to get around to it.

i also happen to have that book, the winning system in good times or bad. I just havent got around to reading it yet.

Kickmatic, are you talking about $250 total? if you are, go back and read what others have said about a low amount of money to invest, it has been saidnumerous times in this thread.

-J23C

^aite will do.. i already have money in the market.. just i came up with 250 (a present) and instead of throwing it in the bank i was thinking of investingit.. im still new tho so there's alot to be learned

Honestly guys, the stock market isn't a get rich quick method or something most people canmake money in (unless they're super long term investors and even then last year proved it's not as simple as it seemed).

Only get into the stock market if you have money you wouldn't mind losing. EVERYONE loses in the beginning. You should also find this stuff interesting oryou won't want to do the work. I'm currently posting from my phone. I'm on the way home. I got out of class at 9:20, did homework and research fortomorrow until 1. I'm gonna go to sleep and be up by 6 to watch futures and prepare for the open. I'm usually asleep by 2 and up before 6. I put inHOURS on research and I still believe I'm NOWHERE close to being good at trading. If you aren't prepared to put in the time and energy into this, itisn't for you. I don't believe this is a part time job or something you can halfass. In other industries you can make money being bad at your job. Inthis one, if you're not making money you're losing it and there's no base salary to fall back on.

This applies to long term investors as well. You can't hide bad investment choices behind indefinite timelines.

watching the fx market on think or swim taught me a few things. but i still gotta go into tha pipsology school thing before going into the fx market. lookslike fun going against the dollar

hey kicksfiend. i was looknig at the fx trading thing and i pretended to go in at 34 on the usd/jpy and now its at 52. i know im up but how much would that be?

MGI
pimp.gif

Anyone ever get in on it?

i knew gold wouldnt hold 1000. its too confused right now. well its a good time to get into ng but il wait to see if i can get a good price for it.

dlm is doing great. i have a feeling tomorrow theres gonna be a correction. if not its gonna break 12 and game over

i still haven't let go of CTIC, what gives?

jordan23, you know my record and can see why i'd be reluctant to do this.

and i know their name and face, cause i serve them everyday

Originally Posted by nicefro

i still haven't let go of CTIC, what gives?

jordan23, you know my record and can see why i'd be reluctant to do this.

and i know their name and face, cause i serve them everyday

happy.gif
pimp.gif

well at the end of the day you are the one pulling the trigger. I can only guide you as to what I would personally do. Like I said earlier though, you canride this out and make your $ back or you can cut losses and put this into another company and HOLD (
wink.gif
) for a bit. Either way I think you will do okay in the end, stick with itbuddy.

-J23C

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Honestly guys, the stock market isn't a get rich quick method or something most people can make money in (unless they're super long term investors and even then last year proved it's not as simple as it seemed).

Only get into the stock market if you have money you wouldn't mind losing. EVERYONE loses in the beginning. You should also find this stuff interesting or you won't want to do the work. I'm currently posting from my phone. I'm on the way home. I got out of class at 9:20, did homework and research for tomorrow until 1. I'm gonna go to sleep and be up by 6 to watch futures and prepare for the open. I'm usually asleep by 2 and up before 6. I put in HOURS on research and I still believe I'm NOWHERE close to being good at trading. If you aren't prepared to put in the time and energy into this, it isn't for you. I don't believe this is a part time job or something you can halfass. In other industries you can make money being bad at your job. In this one, if you're not making money you're losing it and there's no base salary to fall back on.

This applies to long term investors as well. You can't hide bad investment choices behind indefinite timelines.

Bravo! You are not alone my friend. I put in hours for this stuff and I feel like I have gone nowhere
laugh.gif

I wanted to quote this just so everyone understands how to use the stock market. I have been telling this to my friends since day 1. They see my gains(becasue I tell them), and automatically want to jump in and think I am going to give them my picks. I already have enough on my plate with just trading withMY money, let alone a friend that thinks this stuff is automatic 100% of the time.

i digress, but as a warning to everyone before/during/after you play the stock market, PLEASE READ THOSE 2 LINES I BOLDED AND QUOTED!

-J23C

yep. it's a roll of the dice sometimes, even with research. i remember when the markets were peaking around the end of 07, i held google to 700+ and thenit came crashing down and i lost thousands. or "experts" saying aapl would jump to $300. lulz.

lilchico,

thats what Im thinking too. I will shoot for around $15.85 although the MACD, Bollinger bands, and DMI confirm this stock is in an uptrend. I will wait and seewhere this one goes.

-J23C

Back
Top Bottom