OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

LVS is definitely in my long term portfolio. Just loading up on the dips.
i say it will go somewhere to 20-30

what is the timeline looking like for those numbers? I have been kinda out of the loop for the past week.

-J23C

ok i checked on atvi. every year around the time call of duty releases their stocks shoot up. so you guys better get in on that

I agree. I have a price target in mind, which I can't say. If everything goes accordingly, it'll definitely test those numbers.

This used to trade at 110-150 at one time and everything went downhill from there. Do your own DD before risking your capital.

I agree. I have a price target in mind, which I can't say. If everything goes accordingly, it'll definitely test those numbers.

This used to trade at 110-150 at one time and everything went downhill from there. Do your own DD before risking your capital.
that number is on the safe side. my actual number is around the 40s-50s and i feel like its still too low. arent they expanding in macau?

Andy,

where do you see ATVI going? I did a lil research on this since you brought it up, and Im not seeing the 'jumps' that you have. It may jump .20-.80 butnothing much more than that. Let me know what you are thinking on this one. I have never traded a software/game stock

-J23C

heres my take on it from both a gamers perspective and investing perspective. but check 07s oct-dec chart. call of duty games usually drop in november.

activisions a pretty big company with franchises like call of duty and guitar hero and they sell like crazy every holiday season. they got a little morecompetition when rock band came out but its still pretty solid. they also own world of warcraft and that game consumes lives, literally. with so many peopleplaying at 15 dollars a month subscripion is straight up money. yea and with the special edition call of duty selling out on preorders alone is that serious.working nightvision goggles ftw

lol

im with you on the night vision goggles... I was just talking with my brothers that eat, sleep and breathe world of warcraft. They have NO investingexperience and they are telling me how good a buy Activision is
laugh.gif

maybe I was looking at the wrong time when I was looking at the charts, I tried to find release dates for COD but couldnt really find any. I will keep aneye on this company. Thanks for the heads up!

-J23C

I saw that jump after you told me to check it... hopefully we can get another good jump once this comes again. This is like Disney when they release a newmovie. That stock just goes absolutely crazy

-J23C

crap...... i was wondering why i didnt get my dividend for gmr and it turns out the settlement date was a day before the ex date....... @%*

^

take your losses unless you are in for the long run. I took a lil bit of a loss because I didnt want that money tied up for months instead of being tied up fora couple weeks like I originally thought.

CTIC would've been a good play if the FDA worked in our favor, they didn't.

all IMO

-J23C

As jordan23collecta said, cut your losses on CTIC and move on. You've got support near 1.20's, but if that doesn't hold I don't see any supportuntil .40. RSI below 50...Negative tick on the histogram and MACD crossing 0 to the negative...bearish sign.

theres a bunch of these stock dudes that keep adding me on facebook and i just got this little message saying SYMW is gonna possibly pop on tuesday. i dont seeit but then again i dont really trust them.

Originally Posted by nicefro

Consensus on THC (Tenet Healthcare Corp.) for a long hold??

Check out the fundamentals if you're going long. Charts look very nice, but weekly is overbought. Wait for a small correction before buying in. I'dsay near $4 would be good entry.

All IMO

I think CTIC holders are pretty screwed, they waited until 0130 yesterday to release the news in advance of a 3 day weekend. #@!#, #@!#, #@!#.

theres gonna be sellers galore tuesday.

frown.gif

I think CTIC holders are pretty screwed, they waited until 0130 yesterday to release the news in advance of a 3 day weekend. #@!#, #@!#, #@!#.

frown.gif

basically. I'm glad I got out when I did, incase anyone didnt see this:

FDA Sets Action Date of April 23, 2010 for Review of Pixantrone NDA

Saturday 09/05/2009 1:30 AM ET - Pr Newswire

[h2]Related Companies[/h2] [table][tr][td]Symbol[/td] [td]Last[/td] [td]%Chg[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CTIC[/td] [td]1.49[/td] [td]-2.61%[/td] [/tr][/table]
As of 4:00 PM ET 9/4/09

Cell Therapeutics, Inc. ("CTI") (Nasdaq and MTA: CTIC) announced today that the U.S. Food andDrug Administration (FDA) has notified CTI that a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date of April 23, 2010 under standard review has beenestablished regarding CTI's NDA for pixantrone as potential treatment for relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). Pixantrone has fast track designation for the relapsed / refractoryaggressive NHL application.

"The 18 month follow up PIX 301 pivotal trial data continues to demonstrate further improvement in primary and secondary endpoints including CompleteRemission / Complete Remission unconfirmed(CR/CRu), Progression Free Survival (PFS) and Overall Survival overstandard chemotherapy. We look forward to providing the four month safety and efficacy update to the FDA and working with them toward potential approval,"said James A. Bianco, M.D., Chief Executive Officer of CTI.

Based on the user fee goal date, if pixantrone is approved, CTI estimates that pixantrone could be available to patients in the U.S. early in the secondquarter of 2010.

About Pixantrone

Pixantrone (BBR 2778), is a novel topoisomerase II inhibitor with an aza-anthracenedione molecular structure that differentiates it from the anthracyclinesand other related chemotherapy agents. Anthracyclines are the cornerstone therapeutic for the treatment of lymphoma, leukemia, and breast cancer. Although theyare sufficiently effective to be used as first-line (initial) treatment, they cause cumulative heart damage that may result in congestive heart failure manyyears later. As a result, there is a lifetime limit of anthracycline doses and most patients who previously have been treated with an anthracycline are notable to receive further anthracycline treatment if their disease returns.

-J23C

NG might drop a little lower this week. im gonna get some more when it does before gold goes to the moon

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

frown.gif

basically. I'm glad I got out when I did, incase anyone didnt see this:

FDA Sets Action Date of April 23, 2010 for Review of Pixantrone NDA

Saturday 09/05/2009 1:30 AM ET - Pr Newswire

[h2]Related Companies[/h2] [table][tr][td]Symbol[/td] [td]Last[/td] [td]%Chg[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CTIC[/td] [td]1.49[/td] [td]-2.61%[/td] [/tr][/table]
As of 4:00 PM ET 9/4/09

Cell Therapeutics, Inc. ("CTI") (Nasdaq and MTA: CTIC) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has notified CTI that a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) action date of April 23, 2010 under standard review has been established regarding CTI's NDA for pixantrone as potential treatment for relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). Pixantrone has fast track designation for the relapsed / refractory aggressive NHL application.

"The 18 month follow up PIX 301 pivotal trial data continues to demonstrate further improvement in primary and secondary endpoints including Complete Remission / Complete Remission unconfirmed(CR/CRu), Progression Free Survival (PFS) and Overall Survival over standard chemotherapy. We look forward to providing the four month safety and efficacy update to the FDA and working with them toward potential approval," said James A. Bianco, M.D., Chief Executive Officer of CTI.

Based on the user fee goal date, if pixantrone is approved, CTI estimates that pixantrone could be available to patients in the U.S. early in the second quarter of 2010.

About Pixantrone

Pixantrone (BBR 2778), is a novel topoisomerase II inhibitor with an aza-anthracenedione molecular structure that differentiates it from the anthracyclines and other related chemotherapy agents. Anthracyclines are the cornerstone therapeutic for the treatment of lymphoma, leukemia, and breast cancer. Although they are sufficiently effective to be used as first-line (initial) treatment, they cause cumulative heart damage that may result in congestive heart failure many years later. As a result, there is a lifetime limit of anthracycline doses and most patients who previously have been treated with an anthracycline are not able to receive further anthracycline treatment if their disease returns.

-J23C

Saw it, terrible news.

Is there anything that would possibly make this go up?

rumors, pumping, the conference on the 9th if they maybe did something spectacular.

i anticipate heavy selling on tuesday and heavy volatility for the rest of the week, people might hold out on selling for the conference, but i`m not sure onhow much leverage it`ll actually have since there are so many other presenters.

not sure if i want to set a conditional sell order at 1.35 and 1.8 or say eff it and hold long.

so +#%*+@* frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom