OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

It's good man. But you know I always want more. Didn't see this rally coming, so I'm not benefiting as much as I should be. There's too much downside risk right now both in AAPL and the market. Practicing patience and waiting for the first dip to dive into those April 13s.

I keep saying over and over again. Someone wants to be reelected and he is doing everything in his power to not allow the market fall right before the election. So you know what that means for the high beta stocks like AAPL, GOOG and PCLN. But that is just my theory. :wink:

Last edited:
Show me the context. Did they not sell all the shares offered at $38? They did a perfect job. If you bought at $38 and didn't sell immediately on that pop to $45, you are a fool.

Don't stress it. This is a retail crowd, and they'll talk about whatever's hot. FB is part of their lives, and this is just a perfect example of that. Hindsight is very easy, and self proclaimed guys here always applaud themselves. LOLZ It's like 'liking' their own comments. LOLZ

As I've said before, trading isn't about P/E, and all that garbage that you hear. Even if the IPO was at $100, or at $20, it wouldn't have mattered. Also, these retail guys weren't able to do a damn thing w/ FB. It is a FACT that retail guys couldn't long or short FB when it first came out; more so margin requirements really turned away 'real' traders'. All this stuff now is just absurd. I dislike hindsight talk, as it's pathetic and meaningless. If you're looking for 'real' traders, you should look at smaller knit communities elsewhere.

In the end, FB is just another stock. The attention you see is purely media driven, and purely based on the context of itself.

I was off today and was looking to day trade, but I did not. But I did enjoy watching Maria on CNBC. Man, she's aged so so much, but I think she has some work done to her lips. LOLZ That blonde girl was cute though.

It's good man. But you know I always want more. Didn't see this rally coming, so I'm not benefiting as much as I should be. There's too much downside risk right now both in AAPL and the market. Practicing patience and waiting for the first dip to dive into those April 13s.

I keep saying over and over again. Someone wants to be reelected and he is doing everything in his power to not allow the market fall right before the election. So you know what that means for the high beta stocks like AAPL, GOOG and PCLN. But that is just my theory. :wink:

This ^

I don't even know what to say right now.

I had 680s for a few minutes. In @ 2.05, out at 2.25. If I had held just a few minutes longer.

Nobody ever went broke from taking profits though :D

Meanwhile, my January spreads are approaching max value and my commons are booming. Feels good.

I win the jackass of the day award. The upswing following the FOMC minutes caught me off guard. I was slow to pull the trigger on some 670s and got in too high at the time. I still felt like AAPL was trying to continue the jump it started around 1pm, so I rode it lower than I usually would. Ended up panic selling and lost 25% of the trade. Of course it turns around almost immediately. Cost me what could have been close to a 2 bagger. Amazing what a matter of seconds can do to you.

But at the end of the day, I'm still worth a good amount more than I was yesterday.

I hope y'all have been enjoying this ride we've had. I keep thinking its days are limited, but I love being wrong here.

I bought a couple hundred shares of Prospect Capital ahead of earnings today. Quite happy, thus far. Exposure to debt and CLOs in various sectors. One of my clients who is primarily fixed-income has seen a great rebound in their portfolio so it would seem exposure in debts (depending on the type) is getting better.

I win the jackass of the day award. The upswing following the FOMC minutes caught me off guard. I was slow to pull the trigger on some 670s and got in too high at the time. I still felt like AAPL was trying to continue the jump it started around 1pm, so I rode it lower than I usually would. Ended up panic selling and lost 25% of the trade. Of course it turns around almost immediately. Cost me what could have been close to a 2 bagger. Amazing what a matter of seconds can do to you.
But at the end of the day, I'm still worth a good amount more than I was yesterday.
I hope y'all have been enjoying this ride we've had. I keep thinking its days are limited, but I love being wrong here.

Story of my life. Happens to me several times every week and most turn into 3-5 baggers. :smh:

My day trading foray is almost over anyways. I go back to work Monday for two months straight. I've ended up coming out pretty flat.

I have a little bit of cash that I will deploy only if AAPL hits the lower Bollinger Band on the daily chart. Look at the charts. That's a pretty sure thing for a bounce. If that happens, I'll jump into LEAPS and ride the wave up.

I also started watching DXPE again.

Back
Top Bottom