Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

pretty decent.... i rocks with it 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Some good, some ehhhhh

So far Hoover St, **** LA, Studio stand out for me

Need to listen to it more

but it being equal to GKMC, no

I have no idea what Q was thinking with Los Awesome.... couldn't even make it through the first 30 seconds. As for the rest of the album it's cool. Nothing special but nothing bad either. Loved the song with 2 Chainz, that was easily the standout for me. Need more of that sound from ScHoolboy tbh.

I have no idea what Q was thinking with Los Awesome.... couldn't even make it through the first 30 seconds. As for the rest of the album it's cool. Nothing special but nothing bad either. Loved the song with 2 Chainz, that was easily the standout for me. Need more of that sound from ScHoolboy tbh.
Pharrell sent him a beat and he did the best he could do with it. That's my impression.

I think it's a nice fun track, like BBC on MCHG but it's still better than BBC

Really? After Control System Soul is usually consensus #2. I've always tied Q and Soul myself.

Idk something about Soul's music doesn't do it for me especially when he delves into conspiracy theory type ****. I really love Book Of Soul though. I've seen all of TDE perform live too and Jay Rock just had so much passion for his **** while Soul just seemed awkward

Production on this album is boring to me. F*** LA is probably my favorite joint. A$AP should have replaced 2 Chainz on that song. Studio and Prescription are real hard. Probably only liked 5-6 songs total after the first spin. I'll have to play it a few more times before I decide to buy or not.

here's my view on it.

i dont HATE any song. and we havent heard "californication" nor "gravy" so its still solid to me.

I **** with every song on here, Los Awesome and The Purge were aight but everything else is hard.

Hoover Street might be the best song he's done. :pimp:

Last edited:
Thought the album was straight too. Definitely some good tracks but some odd ones. Oddly I like most of the stuff that was released and Studio is cool. It definitely has that new LA sound.

Back
Top Bottom