Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

just curious how many tracks yall got
nerd.gif
only 12... im missing 3 tracks i believe.

also, q having his daughter on these tracks reminds me of:

Except Eminem's version > Any daughter/father track

Last edited:
Every track Q put out since Yay Yay (refused to listen to blind threats tho I felt like I had been too exposed) had to grow on me but I would give it a benefit of a doubt. Every single one I had a eureka moment where I realized how hard the track actually was and I recognized the greatness. I expected the entire album to be just like that, and you guys should have expected it too.

This album reminds me of a Wu-Tang album because none of them banged from the get-go for me (cept forever), it took time and I needed to analyze it before it was 
pimp.gif

EDIT: Btw those who seem "disappointed" might wanna hesitate on the recycle bin cuz I feel like it'll grow on you if you give it time just sayin

Last edited:
I like the album but its not just something I can listen to fully. Q's voice gets annoying. 
ohwell.gif

After first listen, I'm not feeling this album. But I'm not gonna call it trash yet. I'ma give it a little time to see if it grows on me at all

This is the type of gritty **** I was waiting for.  
nthat.gif

Only tracks I heard were collard greens, hell of a night and man of the year. Everything else is new to me. 
nthat.gif

What They Want and Break The Bank are the standouts to me on the first listen. 

Break the bank to me like 
mean.gif
sick.gif

Q did it with this one. Wasn't a huge fan of his past projects but this is pretty good. Gotta give it a few more spins before I make a final judgment. Pleasantly surprised though. 

Only 7 tracks in and every song goes.

This guy summed it up the best...

Its right up the alley of his other work, if you like his other projects I can't see you not liking this.

Where's the mandatory dope *** ASAP Rocky collab?

Who else noticed the Portishead sample in Prescription? It's not credited or anything but I guess they changed it up enough to not have to give them credit. But I def hear it

Who else noticed the Portishead sample in Prescription? It's not credited or anything but I guess they changed it up enough to not have to give them credit. But I def hear it

I noticed that. He had a Portisead sample on Raymond 1969 from Habits & Contradictions too.

Like I said before think of it like Wu-Tang.

You can rate them but it wouldn't be fair because the styles are too conflicting. The good tracks aren't as good as the good tracks on GKMC but the bad tracks are better than the bad tracks on GKMC. And this is without having all of the tracks.

I listened to it at work and in the system in the way home. I like the album. Def can't compare it GKMC or anything though, but like said, it had that gritty/raw style to it.

Back
Top Bottom