Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

I don't know what to think about this album. It isn't bad at all but I have an easier time jumping from song to song and just vibing out in comparison to listening to it in order.

He needs to push Studio as a single without question though. Song is dope as hell.

16.99 got dam

I was going to buy it tomorrow. but now idk.

Havent heard the leak either

i wish he would've did his usual rapping thing on that and maybe had kendrick on it.

that gravy song is trash btw, i expected something better from clammy.

I don't know what to think about this album. It isn't bad at all but I have an easier time jumping from song to song and just vibing out in comparison to listening to it in order.

Finally played it twice today and this is how I feel as well.

I like Habits & Contradictions better right now, but I'm open to it growing on me.

Yeah, that $15.99 or $16.99 whatever for the deluxe isn't looking like the move right now. Add that to the fact that the reviews have been lackluster in here...

Sucks because I was looking forward to this album for damn near 10 months lol

Stream it. Then see if its worth having a physical copy. Reviews in here are based on personal taste i.e. someone likes/dislikes when Q raps this way, so they do/don't like a song.

They're just capitalizing on the TDE popularity. Ab-Souls album going to have them pushing $20 lol.

Finally played it twice today and this is how I feel as well.

I like Habits & Contradictions better right now, but I'm open to it growing on me.
The sequencing on the album definitely needed to be better. 

The sequencing on the album definitely needed to be better. 
I've heard this numerous times. Funny thing is, he said Kendrick arranged the tracklist.

Duckworth with the sabotage.
laugh.gif
Lol lowkey smh. He started off on point but went into the more experimental stuff too early. You gotta let at least 6 joints styled after what you're known for rock before you throw in some diversity/crossover joints. If it were up to me instead of this:

1. “Gangsta”
2. “Los Awesome” (f. Jay Rock)
3. “Collard Greens” (f. Kendrick Lamar)
4. “What They Want” (f. 2 Chainz)
5. “Hoover Street”
6. “Studio” (f. BJ the Chicago Kid)
7. “Prescription/Oxymoron”
8. “The Purge” (f. Tyler, the Creator & Kurupt)
9. “Blind Threats” (f. Raekwon)
10. “Hell of a Night”
11. “Break the Bank”
12. “Man of the Year”
13. “His & Her Friend” (f. SZA)
14 “Grooveline Pt. 2″ (f. Suga Free)
15. “F**k LA”

Track list would look like this:

1) Gangsta

2) Yay Yay

3) Break The Bank

4) Hoover Street

5) Prescription/Oxymoron

6) Blind Threats

7) What They Want

8) Studio 

9) His & Her Friend

10) The Purge

11) Hell of a Night

12) Collard Greens

13) Banger (Moshpit) instead of Grooveline Pt 2

14) F**k LA

15) Man of the Year

Bonus: Los Awesome

Cant stop listening to "His and Her Fiend"

Very good album, imo.

Last edited:
Track list would look like this:

1) Gangsta
2) Yay Yay
3) Break The Bank
4) Hoover Street
5) Prescription/Oxymoron
6) Blind Threats
7) What They Want
8) Studio 
9) His & Her Friend
10) The Purge
11) Hell of a Night
12) Collard Greens
13) Banger (Moshpit) instead of Grooveline Pt 2
14) F**k LA
15) Man of the Year

Bonus: Los Awesome

I think I'm going to make a playlist with this order and give it a listen in the new day or two. I see a lot of potential in it.

Just listened to it for the 3rd time. The track order def could have been better but that doesn't make it any less of a project.

I'm overall happy with it, only song I don't like is Hell of A Night. I don't want to hear those kind of records from Q.

I think I'd rate it a 8.5 / 10.0 which is pretty good in my book 
smokin.gif

Prescription/Oxymoron is the best song on the album IMO

I agree. Pretty strong track.

Solid album from Q imo. I actually like Los Awesome :lol:

Rock's verse :pimp:

Studio is undeniable. Not sure what some of yall are listening to.

Just watched the promo video for Oxymoron on WSHH. From the snippet they played of Hell of a Night, I don't think I like it. Spotify will tell if I drop loot on the deluxe tomorrow after work.

Back
Top Bottom