Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

His & Her Friend is low-key an incredible track. I don't know if any y'all listen to trip-hop but Q and Sza sounded just like a modern day Tricky and Martina Topley Bird to me. Really tapped into a different vibe with this one. :pimp:

Last edited:
What I love about this album, is the fact that everyone has their different set of favorite songs. I have observed that no track is really hated by everyone and skipped every listen.

I skip Hell of a Night.

Los Awesome and Hell of a Night grew on me. I prefer the second part of Hoover Street. Studio is too cold

I did a target store locate for the deluxe edition. It reads that every target in the bay area is sold out of it. This can't be accurate can it? haha

Copped from Target after work. Four dudes ahead of me were buying the deluxe. Listening to this in the whip changed my temperament about this album, as opposed to just playing it from my phone. Los Awesome is growing on me. Hoover Street...................Got damn :pimp:. Haven't listened past Prescription/Oxymoron yet, but I'm feeling this.

Can't wait to smoke and ride out to Studio :pimp:

Dudes talking about they don't want that "type" of song from Q, man what? :lol:

**** is one the best on the album, y'all don't like females or something?

Yeah you must be gay if you don't wanna Schoolboy Q try to sing his verse lol that NT logic

Generic *** drums too. That's why I don't like that type of song. Albums dope though and maybe Studio will be a hit.

This album is smooth and the only song I don't like is Los Awesome, project was def more mellow than I thought it would be tho. Studio is smooth but the only thing I could think about is how the record would sound if Nate Dogg was still alive and did the hook |I

Blind Threats is my ish tho and Rae :x

This is better than Poetic Justice tho... well... maybe.... I don't know.

Hell no :lol:

Just listened all the way through for a second time and idk y'all, it's creeping up on classic status to me.

I'll give it a few more listens before I fully decide.

gangsta, man of the year, hell of a night, break the bank and even studio is gonna be crazy live. can't wait until his show

still havent finished listening to the whole ablbum, im up to hell of a night so far all the track dont dissapoint. currently a 4.5/5

album is fire

Been listening to the album all day. It's real solid, some songs have that old CA sound to it. I would give it 4/5. Just a few of my own opinions.

- Gangsta should have a verse from 50
- Los Awesome really grew on me. Now one of my favorites.
- What They Want should have had Rocky or Kendrick on it instead of 2 Chainz
- I removed the first part of Hoover Street, second half is much better.
- Studio is cold as ice. One of my favorites
- The Purge is weird but good. I liked Kurupt on it.
- Hell of a Night is different but I like it. Funky sound to it.
- Yay Yay should have been on the album.

Lol lowkey smh. He started off on point but went into the more experimental stuff too early. You gotta let at least 6 joints styled after what you're known for rock before you throw in some diversity/crossover joints. If it were up to me instead of this:

Track list would look like this:

1) Gangsta

2) Yay Yay

3) Break The Bank

4) Hoover Street

5) Prescription/Oxymoron

6) Blind Threats

7) What They Want

8) Studio 

9) His & Her Friend

10) The Purge

11) Hell of a Night

12) Collard Greens

13) Banger (Moshpit) instead of Grooveline Pt 2

14) F**k LA

15) Man of the Year

Bonus: Los Awesome
Running through the playlist I made and this seems to flow better.  I don't know if its the album as a whole or the arrangement.

Last edited:
The second half of Hoover Street is dope.

But the latter half of Prescription/Oxymoron... that **** is so ignit.
mean.gif
I love it.

I just stopped selling crack today.

Back
Top Bottom