Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

Break the Bank is everything that's right about Hip-Hop. That track is instant classic status. And I agree, Yay Yay should have made the album, especially with that garbage bonus track His and Her Friend on there. But this album definitely gunna be nice in the summertime with the windows down.

Break the Bank is everything that's right about Hip-Hop. That track is instant classic status. And I agree, Yay Yay should have made the album, especially with that garbage bonus track His and Her Friend on there. But this album definitely gunna be nice in the summertime with the windows down.
Yay Yay is a bonus track itself.

Joint is SERIOUS.  That production is ridiculous.  

Pssh, tell me about it View media item 826492
But yo, I ust made the PERFECT track order for Oxymoron. I just gave it a listen and the album sounds amazingly much better this way...

Gangsta
Californication
Break The Bank
Prescription/Oxymoron
Hell Of A Night
Collard Greens
The Purge
**** L.A.
Man Of The Year
Gravy
Los Awesome
His & Her Friend
Studio
Groovline Pt. 2
Pusha Man
What They Want
Yay Yay
Blind Threats
Hoover Street

Ish sounds perfect, makes it seem like there's no filler tracks the way it flows so good. Trust me, y'all should give it a try.

Last edited:
Purchased the deluxe edition last night and so far it's :nthat: I'm strictly car listening so I only made it as far as the track with Kurupt and Tyler on my morning commute and :wow:

Album is my kind of vibe. Grimy with unique production.

Dunno what some of y'all are on, Studio is pure flames. Count me in as one who likes it better than Poetic Justice. Joint is od groovy.

OMG @ Californication, how did that not make the album!?!?

Edit - Oh its a bonus track. Still should've been a main track on the album. Rocky and Q are undefeated.

Last edited:
Not feeling Californication.

Hell yeah. :pimp: It has a classic feel to it.

I took off Los Awesome (Q and Rock coulda picked a better beat than that) and replaced it with Yay Yay.

Last edited:
Album is 
smokin.gif

Break the Bank/Gangsta/What They Want while making deliveries 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

smokin.gif

Man of the Year n Studio while cruising by the local colleges breakin' these **** necks 
smokin.gif

After a lot more listens Oxymoron is infinitely better than GKMC. Inb4 my avy replies but I don't like any songs on it whereas I like the majority of Oxymoron. It's a lot less boring.

After a lot more listens Oxymoron is infinitely better than GKMC. Inb4 my avy replies but I don't like any songs on it whereas I like the majority of Oxymoron. It's a lot less boring.

I'm a fan of both albums but there's two problems. It's too early to say that and they're two different rappers. Different styles and lyrics.

I'm pissed i played MOTY, Collard Greens, Hell of a night so many times prior to release would have made the entire album much smoother... but as of the newer tracks Hoover, Studio, and the 2chainz joint standout for me.

I'm a fan of both albums but there's two problems. It's too early to say that and they're two different rappers. Different styles and lyrics.
Just saying since they're often compared due to both being TDE members even though their styles are quite different. Either way I'm thinking Q has a good future ahead of him with this album.

As far as Kendrick being boring i think it's just the stigma already set in that he was some sort of backpack rapper or too lyrical... because that is my personal issue with some rappers but with Kendrick he has a crazy amount of flow switches, crazy instrumentation, GREAT hook writing ability and he's never lacking in energy so it's hard to see the boring thing out of dot but hey to each his own.

GKMC is a classic album. I love Q's album but it's not on that level. The 2 albums are so different it's pointless to even mention 'em together.

I just think it's funny that oxymoron and classic is in the same sentence. Q is my dude and this album is good but not that good.

Blind Threats is so :pimp:

Raekwon one of the best rappers ever, too underrated, he's so visual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom