Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Hmmm looks slightly better to me now, but i personally still can't get over the onion coloured parts of the shoe. Still a pass for me. Although I must say, the shadow 5k silhouette is 
nthat.gif

Mustard or cheddar cheese laces on mine... fat boy ****

EB joints look kinda uneventful in the EBAY listing I just saw with the ****** cats on the table

Sorry for the iPhone pics don't own a dsr and don't want one. Overall pretty happy I didn't go home, these are great and orange is my fav color. The laces and 3m def make this shoe. Comes with black laces also btw

All unfiltered and unedited. A lot of people's opinions vary on these...me personally absolutely love them, and if you look at them for what they're SUPPOSED to incorporate then you'd love them to. For what it's mirroring, a first generation space suit, and a space theme they DEFINITELY nailed it 100%...the bright orange nylon on the toe box and tongue (which is really nice and cushiony), the navy blue laces with the white stars, and especially the velcro patches that are removable...VERY clever and unique. Also, the Grid 9000 is the PERFECT shoe to pull off this "space" theme. I think that those who don't like the sneaker or aren't feeling it either don't look at the shoe for what it's supposed to incorporate, or don't like the actual colorway. Regardless, to eaches own...I'll stash mine deep in the closet and won't unDS them until sometime next year when they've been forgotten :smile:...for everybody else who got a pair, enjoy!

Still not feelin em. Put in the black EB Velcro patch and black laces and calm them joints down.

I bet everyone was able to scoop a pair. My boy got their at 9 and still copped. No point of waiting in line so early IMO for these

Still great pickups!

Last edited:
All unfiltered and unedited. A lot of people's opinions vary on these...me personally absolutely love them, and if you look at them for what they're SUPPOSED to incorporate then you'd love them to. For what it's mirroring, a first generation space suit, and a space theme they DEFINITELY nailed it 100%...the bright orange nylon on the toe box and tongue (which is really nice and cushiony), the navy blue laces with the white stars, and especially the velcro patches that are removable...VERY clever and unique. Also, the Grid 9000 is the PERFECT shoe to pull off this "space" theme. I think that those who don't like the sneaker or aren't feeling it either don't look at the shoe for what it's supposed to incorporate, or don't like the actual colorway. Regardless, to eaches own...I'll stash mine deep in the closet and won't unDS them until sometime next year when they've been forgotten
smile.gif
...for everybody else who got a pair, enjoy!
I know you saw that red squiggly line homie.

Has Saucony or any of their collaborators ever made a grid 9k with a solid colored midsole? I think some would look better with this attribute. Aces would IMO

Thanks for the photos and the review guys. Not a fan, but they do look pretty awesome. LOVE the velcro patches. 

so for the Ubiq offsprings release... is it better to camp on the new arrivals page or wait for the twitter link?

Both. But I usually refresh between new arrivals, brand page, twitter and sometimes a search, just to be safe. :smile:

You guys see the online release being good on these. Monday is the only shot i have at a pair. Also does anyone know if its 7pm eastern or Western time?

was kinda interested in the second EB pack but not anymore after seeing the pic...

EB puts a lot of effort in their collabs, i just can't get down with any of them...

since they seemed to have released a good amount at their store. will EB be releasing a good amount online and are other boutiques getting them?

just curious how my chances are

I really dont like that material on toe boxes =\
Same here... I totally get why they used it for the ACES and the theme, but ya I can't get with the material either. 

EB's always on point with their themes and the creativity that goes with it. But from a pure sneaker standpoint their sneakers outside of the themes leave a lot to be desired ie. the previous EB Death List 5 set. Awesome theme and well executed with each pair, but stand alone as just sneakers...whew... 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom