Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

maybin signed, so that leaves only crabtree and Andre Smith

It's only a matter of time before he signs and everyone goes against Crabtree in the nutcracker drill. Well, I'd bring it back just for him sincehe's missed so much. Haha.

Jamarcus > Smith
pimp.gif

why does 92 still post here?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

alex smith should just be a blocker...cause he aint a qb
laugh.gif

nate davis>>>>smith

coffee
pimp.gif
...hes a steal in the draft watch out for him

Originally Posted by dland24

After two games:

Shaun Hill >< Alex Smith

Very true, I know somebody on here that probably won't agree with that statemet but in due time I'm sure he will see the truth.

coffee
pimp.gif
...hes a steal in the draft watch out for him

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
Again?
grin.gif

I don't see how it is hard to root for both teams.
They are seperated by one flimsy %+# bridge
They play each other once every 4 years in a meaningful game.
And Jerry Rice, Roger craig, ronnie lott, tom rathman + countless others played for both franchises.
(can you honestly admit that you didn't root for these guys when they suited up in the silver and black?)
I'm assuming the answer is no.

The bottom line is that i am a fan of both franchises and I am always going to be a fan of both franchises.

Its not that you are a fan of the Niners and the Raiders that is what I take issue with. Its that you are a "fan" of like 5 NFL teams. You claim tobe a "fan" of the Niners yet you rip 49er quarterbacks and make outlandish statements like Jamarcus Russell is better. Why would you say somethinglike that in a Niner thread if you claim to be a fan?

It has very little to do with the fact that you claim to be fans of both the Niners and the Raiders. It has everything to do with your childish comments andimmature ways. You do nothing but cause problems and the rest of us are tired of your act.

Its not that you are a fan of the Niners and the Raiders that is what I take issue with. Its that you are a "fan" of like 5 NFL teams. You claim to be a "fan" of the Niners yet you rip 49er quarterbacks and make outlandish statements like Jamarcus Russell is better. Why would you say something like that in a Niner thread if you claim to be a fan?

It has very little to do with the fact that you claim to be fans of both the Niners and the Raiders. It has everything to do with your childish comments and immature ways. You do nothing but cause problems and the rest of us are tired of your act.
thank you.

we all know jamarcus is better than smith so why the hell is 92 even putting that in a niners thread?
indifferent.gif
thanks for stating the obvious 92
sick.gif
...thats like me going to a raider thread and saying montana>rich gannon

Originally Posted by 92

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
Again?
grin.gif

I don't see how it is hard to root for both teams.
They are seperated by one flimsy %+# bridge
They play each other once every 4 years in a meaningful game.
And Jerry Rice, Roger craig, ronnie lott, tom rathman + countless others played for both franchises.
(can you honestly admit that you didn't root for these guys when they suited up in the silver and black?)
I'm assuming the answer is no.

The bottom line is that i am a fan of both franchises and I am always going to be a fan of both franchises.
indifferent.gif

2752962708_14574cb7de_o.jpg

Its not that you are a fan of the Niners and the Raiders that is what I take issue with. Its that you are a "fan" of like 5 NFL teams. You claim to be a "fan" of the Niners yet you rip 49er quarterbacks and make outlandish statements like Jamarcus Russell is better. Why would you say something like that in a Niner thread if you claim to be a fan?

It has very little to do with the fact that you claim to be fans of both the Niners and the Raiders. It has everything to do with your childish comments and immature ways. You do nothing but cause problems and the rest of us are tired of your act.
*Immature ways = bandwagon hopping?
If so, that is an understandable flaw that im willing to admit to.
However, these childish comments you are referring to I know nothing about.
I said one thing "Jamarcus > Smith" which is in no way false because 99 % of 49er fans would agree, nor was it meant to be a shot taken at the49ers considering the fact that shaun hill is clearly the starter for the team.
I posted that comment in this thread because I didn't know there was a game thread as well and the title of this thread was "49ers thread... next game8/21 vs. raiders". ( i have niketalker 23 on ignore so the post made by him was not very visible)

S. Dot Hill officially named the starting QB.

To be honest, wasn't impressed with either QBs in the last exhibition game. I thought Smith played better and could have had a better showing if itweren't for 2 dropped passes (Even though JM said he shoulda caught that ball, I thought it was a bad pass).

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-9-706/Hill-was-logical-choice-for-49ers--QB-job.html

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco
MattMaiocco QB Shaun Hill has celebrated his promotion with interceptions to Dashon Goldson and Manny Lawson.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I am actually shocked by this news. Shaun Hill has done nothing in the first two preseason games to warrant being named the starter right now. It just makes methink this whole "QB battle" was just for show. Makes no sense to me to name a starter now, especially because Hill hasnt been great in the 2preseason games.

I am actually shocked by this news. Shaun Hill has done nothing in the first two preseason games to warrant being named the starter right now. It just makes me think this whole "QB battle" was just for show. Makes no sense to me to name a starter now, especially because Hill hasnt been great in the 2 preseason games.
Whats to be shocked about? Alex smith had almost 3 quarters to prove he deserved the #1 spot and he couldn't do it.

Has Shaun Hill done anything in his time in the preseason game to prove he deserved the #1 spot? No he hasnt. Neither has outperformed the other. So why is itthat the Niners dont see how they do next game or even the next 2 games to decide who is the starter?

If this was really a true QB competition, based on how they have played in the 2 games, there is no way that you could determine a starter. Period.

I guess our only hope for a title is having a team that resembles the 2000 baltimore ravens?
laugh.gif

√ Running Game
√ (eventually) Play maker at TE
√ Solid Wideouts
√ (eventually) Stellar D
√ an ok QB
ohwell.gif

I am actually shocked by this news. Shaun Hill has done nothing in the first two preseason games to warrant being named the starter right now. It just makes me think this whole "QB battle" was just for show. Makes no sense to me to name a starter now, especially because Hill hasnt been great in the 2 preseason games.
why?...it doesnt matter what he hasnt done in the preseason...hill has proved himself when it matters most

hill
pimp.gif

Haven't been following the team since I've been overseas, but now that I can, I think Hill being named the starter is right; Smith didn't seem toprove that he was clear cut better than Hill in preseason. Hill has regular season experience to prove it...just be a game manager and he'll do the job,which he's shown he can-but let's see if he can do it for an entire season
pimp.gif

You guys are missing my point. Do I think Hill deserves to be our starter? Yes. Do I think Hill deserved to be our starter before preseason started? Yes. Butthe fact of the matter is the Niners coaching staff has said it was a quarterback competition before training camp started, and throughout it. Last seasonshould have nothing to do with it if there was really a true competition. If they are factoring in last season, then why were they telling us there was acompetition? Since training camp started, neither Shaun Hill or Alex Smith has done enough to show they deserve to be the starter.

That is why I am surprised that after only 2 preseason games, a starter has been named.

That is why I am surprised that after only 2 preseason games, a starter has been named.
I kinda feel what your saying. Since neither QB has outperformed each other in the exhibition games they should be on equal footing if this was atrue competition.

But by all accounts both QBs have been playing fairly even, with maybe Hill pulling ahead (based on practices and scrimmages). Also, the onus was clearly onSmith to outperform Hill. He just hasn't shown that and quite frankly, I don't think you need two more exhibition games to see if he can still do that.

You guys are missing my point. Do I think Hill deserves to be our starter? Yes. Do I think Hill deserved to be our starter before preseason started? Yes. But the fact of the matter is the Niners coaching staff has said it was a quarterback competition before training camp started, and throughout it. Last season should have nothing to do with it if there was really a true competition. If they are factoring in last season, then why were they telling us there was a competition? Since training camp started, neither Shaun Hill or Alex Smith has done enough to show they deserve to be the starter.

Pretty sure the injury to Alex's thumb sped up the process.

This is the way I see it, and remember I'm a BIG Ale supporter (ask deuce lol)..Has Smith looked great? No. Has Hill looked great? They've looked aboutthe same. But what Hill has going for him is the way he played last year. If you take everything into consideration then Hill deserves the spot. Smith had tolook a lot better than Hill to get the job IMO and only managed to looked about the same, maybe a little better this last game. But it wasn't enough tothrow Hill's performance last season out the window.

Back
Top Bottom