Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

You guys should pick up Fred Taylor or Chris McCallister to back up Gore...

Vick rumors...man...hopefully y'all get him too..if the trade value is right, why not...i'm just over here hoping some team from the Bay can entertainme with something
laugh.gif
mannn...

I completely agree that the first option are the ones to go with. But Im actually really surprised at the fact that NO ONE said option B. I know a lot of 49erfans who think those are the best uniforms we have ever had. Interesting though....I agree with you guys.

We're not going to go back to the old uniforms. It's going to be a new hybrid uniform mixed with the retro and new style.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

You guys should pick up Fred Taylor or Chris McCallister to back up Gore...

Vick rumors...man...hopefully y'all get him too..if the trade value is right, why not...i'm just over here hoping some team from the Bay can entertain me with something
laugh.gif
mannn...
CB backing up a RB? We need to sign B-Dawk when he becomes available, recent reports say Philly wont franchise him. Dawkins & Bly
pimp.gif

Wishful thinking.

Originally Posted by kixofrinic

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

You guys should pick up Fred Taylor or Chris McCallister Deuce McCallister to back up Gore...

Vick rumors...man...hopefully y'all get him too..if the trade value is right, why not...i'm just over here hoping some team from the Bay can entertain me with something
laugh.gif
mannn...
CB backing up a RB? We need to sign B-Dawk when he becomes available, recent reports say Philly wont franchise him. Dawkins & Bly
pimp.gif

Wishful thinking.
laugh.gif
I meant Deuce...my bad...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Darko for MVP

I think were going back to the old school uni's full time. It's a new era man. Singletary is the man!
We are having uniform change but it's not the retro uniforms. It a uniform based on the old school but mixed with the new.

So with Peppers wanting out of Carolina, he says that he has targeted the list of teams down to 4. You think we are on this list? Or should the niners go afterPeppers? Man I pray that we get a player of Peppers caliber. With him and Justin Smith, we don't need to worry about our secondary as much. For years wehave needed to put more pressure on the QB, especially without bringing more people in the box....oh yeah...&$^! Alex Smith man! i don't want him back.Make a choice...its gotta be between Shaun, Jeff, and Mike....

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Darko for MVP

I think were going back to the old school uni's full time. It's a new era man. Singletary is the man!
We are having uniform change but it's not the retro uniforms. It a uniform based on the old school but mixed with the new.
That's cool, that's sorta like what San Diego did with their uni's. I wish more teams did this.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I don't mind having Haynesworth, I definitely embrace that thought.
With the amount of $$$ he's expecting, I'd rather try to get BJ Raji.

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by EL Flaco McFly

So with Peppers wanting out of Carolina, he says that he has targeted the list of teams down to 4. You think we are on this list? Or should the niners go after Peppers? Man I pray that we get a player of Peppers caliber. With him and Justin Smith, we don't need to worry about our secondary as much. For years we have needed to put more pressure on the QB, especially without bringing more people in the box....oh yeah...&$^! Alex Smith man! i don't want him back. Make a choice...its gotta be between Shaun, Jeff, and Mike....
I doubt it. We need a nose tackle and Justin Smith has a huge contract at Right Defensive End.
The only big name we might get is Haynesworth
ohwell.gif
. Other than that it's probably Mike Goff and some no-names

haynesworth doesnt want to play here n bj raji prolly wont fall to 10 . . . if malcolm jenkins is available we should get him cuz walt harris is old and behindclements we got a buncha scrubs

haynesworth doesnt want to play here n bj raji prolly wont fall to 10 . . . if malcolm jenkins is available we should get him cuz walt harris is old and behind clements we got a buncha scrubs

i'm willing to give brown a chance..
he was coming on towards the end of the season and if it wasn't for some off the field problems, tarell brown would've gone much higher than he did(5th round).

Man I am excited for the Niners have to make some moves. Also I hope they draft good this year! I am also looking forward to the new uniforms. I know theyhave a old uniform color concept with a new look. So I am excited to see what it looks like!

Mike Singletary will hit the airwaves on Friday night from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Singletary will sit down for an interview with Steve Mariucci, Jon Gruden and Fran Charles.

The interview will air live on the NFL Network at 4:10 Pacific Time.

Earlier in the day, Singletary and General Manager Scot McCloughan will take time out from their scouting to conduct news conferences at the Combine press headquarters.

According to a representative from the network, NFL.com will stream those press conferences live, with the Singletary session scheduled for 7 a.m. PT and McCloughan slated for 7:15 a.m. PT.

Mike Singletary and Scot McCloughan were just paced through the media gauntlet here at the combine.
I'll have a lot more on these two men later, including transcripts, but I wanted to quickly hit on some of their key points:

--McCloughan said he believes it is 50-50 whether Isaac Bruce will opt to play again in 2009. Singletary said Bruce already brought a lot to the 49ers in his one year, so he told him go ahead and take his time. But, Singletary said, he would like to hear an answer sooner than later.

--The 49ers are looking to go to more of a two-back system with a young, big back sharing time with Frank Gore. McCloughan said there are a lot of those kinds of backs - in the 215-plus-pound range - who will be available in the mid-rounds of the draft.

--The 49ers will also be looking to add a fullback, possibly during free agency. They want to get back to the offense of 2006, in which they have a strong lead-blocker. Moran Norris filled that roll. (Coincidentally, he is scheduled to become a free agent.)

--Jimmy Williams, the former second-round draft pick of the Falcons, is not a cornerback, McCloughan said. The team signed him this offseason and he will be competing for a job at safety.

--McCloughan said there a "really good" chance that the 49ers' starting free safety in 2009 is already on the team. Check out Mike Sando's NFC West blog for the humorous exchange on that subject matter.

--The 49ers are flexible whether Joe Staley plays left or right tackle. Singletary and McCloughan both said that if the club signs or drafts a better left tackle, then they'll have no hesitation about moving Staley back to right tackle.

--The 49ers remain in contact with linebacker Takeo Spikes and wish to bring him back. Talks are going in a positive direction.

--As for two other free-agents-to-be, receiver Bryant Johnson and running back DeShaun Foster, the 49ers are in no hurry to get anything done. The 49ers like both guys, but they're trying to get younger there. If they linger on the market and the 49ers do not fill those needs, it's conceivable the 49ers could show interest in re-signing them.

--Alex Smith did not invite Singletary to his wedding, which is scheduled for tomorrow. Singletary said, "That's good. It shows me he's being fair." There is no timetable on getting a new contract with Smith because the 49ers have plenty of cap room. He is under contract, so the team can wait to get something done.

Back
Top Bottom