:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What if the jets pick fields and the 49ers pass up on Wilson to select Big Mac.
giphy.gif

To clarify, when I say "prototypical" I mean all the hype about these QBs who can scramble when the play breaks down and get you 20 yards but are still above average passers.

Josh Allen, Jackson, Newton, Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Jackson, Fields, Lance, et al.

I really cant envision any real scenario where both are available at 3. Thats why I was questioning Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 about his post. Either Wilson is gone at 2 which leaves us Fields, or Fields goes 2nd and that leaves us with Wilson as the obvious pick.
Tbh, if Jets pick Zach, I'd probably lean towards the Big Mac Daddy cause look what he did in the college playoffs with Smith, Waddle, and the rest of his weapons. Imagine Big Mac with Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle to distribute the rock to. Imho Jones is more proven and NFL ready than Fields and we tryna win now.

I like Fields because we have so many damn weapons on offense that his running ability will add another layer which Kyle can take advantage of.

I like Fields because we have so many damn weapons on offense that his running ability will add another layer which Kyle can take advantage of.
If our QB's have top notch protection, a QB's running ability won't even matter.

Plus we already have Mostert, Wilson, Hasty, Deebo on jet sweeps. Run game is good.

Since our last Super Bowl in '95, only 2 QB's who have the ability to run and scramble have won a ring - Steve Young and Russell Wilson. All the rest of the SB winning quarterbacks are known as passing/pocket QBs. We can argue maybe 3, with Mahomes but as we saw this year, Mahomes' running ability did him no favors against that Tampa D and pocket passing King Brady

Since our last Super Bowl in '95, only 2 QB's who have the ability to run and scramble have won a ring - Steve Young and Russell Wilson. All the rest of the SB winning quarterbacks are known as passing/pocket QBs. We can argue maybe 3, with Mahomes but as we saw this year, Mahomes' running ability did him no favors against that Tampa D and pocket passing King Brady

So? The change in QB style and play has changed drastically in the past 3-4 years. It’s going to continue to evolve. Best for us to get ahead of it.

You would assume we’re a dream spot for the top tier qbs in this draft.

Usually if you’re picked 3rd, you’re going to a dumpster fire, not a SB ready team with great coaching.

Zach Wilson prepping the gas mask bong for draft night :smokin

If our QB's have top notch protection, a QB's running ability won't even matter.

Plus we already have Mostert, Wilson, Hasty, Deebo on jet sweeps. Run game is good.

Game has evolved man, you can’t expect top notch protection every down. Plays break down all the time, these pass rushers are stronger and faster than ever before.

We’ve had a quick release and accurate statue starting the pass 3 seasons. Jimmy G tore his ACL when he ventured into the open field and got lit because he got lost. The following season, Kyle baby wrapped him against the Vikings and Packers. Chris Jones then took his soul in the 4th and was useless when the pocket broke down. Last year, Laken whiffed on the protection and our statue stood there and got his ankle belly flopped on.
Moral of the story, we shouldn’t invest in statues anymore. Especially one with man *******.

Last edited:

Well I think about it like this, to add that extra dimension will be beneficial in multiple facets. It's one more thing a defense has to look out for, you take away a defender that might have to spy Fields, you can have multiple running options to keep defenses guessing, corners may have secondary assignments to watch Fields, etc., Etc..

A QB with the ability to run can be a game-changer as far as offensive schemes and gameplans.

This man watched Kyler and Russ eat us up with his legs two times a year and this is the conclusion he came to

Back
Top Bottom