:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fields at qb, Raheem in the backfield with Deebo going in motion...

1617129624864.gif

He had a couple bad games. Threw bad picks in those games.

Which is kind of crazy considering he has only thrown 9 interceptions in 2 years granted pretty much all of those came in like 3 games

One of those games they were missing like 20 people due to covid but I guess he doesnt get a pass for this

Which is kind of crazy considering he has only thrown 9 interceptions in 2 years granted pretty much all of those came in like 3 games

One of those games they were missing like 20 people due to covid but I guess he doesnt get a pass for this

Yup. Looks like we will benefit from the perception out there.

Justin Fields been facing top competition his whole athletic life and has thrived. He built for this. Trey might have a little higher ceiling due to his bigger frame and he’s only 20 years old. Zach Wilson was shook the moment he faced stiffer competition. The Coastal Carolina game sticks out like a sore thumb.

Me I want Justin Fields on the 49ers. He seems dedicated and ready to put in work unlike other past couple of osu qbs.
But everthing keep pointing to mac jones hopefully its a smokescreen.

He had a couple bad games. Threw bad picks in those games.
National Championship Game, Jan 2021

Mac Jones: 36-45, 464 yds, 5 TDs, 0 picks

Justin "The Prototype" Fields: 17-33, 194 yds, 1 TD, no picks after facing Surtain Jr and legit pressure from Alabama pass rush. Hmm.....sign of things to come?

This is why Niners aren't going to choose Fields, who is a better fit for NYJ.

All this lip service about Shanny wanting the biggest, fastest mobile QB who has a rocket arm is nothing but smoke screens so that NYJ brass think Kyle wants Lance or Fields when it all actuality Wilson is the one he wants.

I'm sticking to my guns: Zach Mahomes is the pick

National Championship Game, Jan 2021

Mac Jones: 36-45, 464 yds, 5 TDs, 0 picks

Justin "The Prototype" Fields: 17-33, 194 yds, 1 TD, no picks after facing Surtain Jr and legit pressure from Alabama pass rush. Hmm.....sign of things to come?

This is why Niners aren't going to choose Fields, who is a better fit for NYJ.

All this lip service about Shanny wanting the biggest, fastest mobile QB who has a rocket arm is nothing but smoke screens so that NYJ brass think Kyle wants Lance or Fields when it all actuality Wilson is the one he wants.

I'm sticking to my guns: Zach Mahomes is the pick
I mean.....is anyone arguing with you that Zach is the pick if he is there at 3?

I mean.....is anyone arguing with you that Zach is the pick if he is there at 3?
Maybe just those who are feening for Fields cause he is "prototypical" lol and those who are adamant that NYJ already has their mind made up that Zach is Saleh's man.

The only "prototypical" QB who has won a SB in the last decade plus has been Russell Wilson.

Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, etc still couldn't beat Flacco, Brady, Manning, and Foles when it mattered most. Look at Lamar Jackson, still can't get over the hump. That's why I ain't buying the hype on Fields and Lance.

Maybe just those who are feening for Fields cause he is "prototypical" lol and those who are adamant that NYJ already has their mind made up that Zach is Saleh's man.

The only "prototypical" QB who has won a SB in the last decade plus has been Russell Wilson.

Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton, Jackson, etc still couldn't beat Flacco, Brady, Manning, and Foles when it mattered most. That's why I ain't buying the hype on Fields and Lance.

Wait what??? When did I call him “prototypical?”

And do you even know what prototypical means? You are saying two different things in your post. 🤣

Wait what??? When did I call him “prototypical?”
I wasn't referring to what you said or didn't say but I'm just in complete disagreement with this prevailing notion that a running style QB who can throw the ball with accuracy and strength is supposed to be the best type of QB to get for our squad.

And tbqh, it's not about adapting to the sign of the times. It's about what type of system and QB play fits our talent.

Our ground game is super legit and arguably the most versatile and explosive in the NFL. Why would I want a scrambling QB like Lance or Fields? We don't need that. What we need is a pocket QB who is intelligent, can throw with accuracy and precision to feed weapons like Aiyuk, Deebo and Kittle, and goes thru progressions quickly and this requires impeccable timing, anticipation, and smarts.

We also need a QB who has pocket presence and can still find his targets while scrambling, one who doesn't get rattled like Jimmy did in the 4th qtr of the SB or like Fields did in the National Championship Game.

Fields or Lance is the last person we need leading our talented offensive core

Last edited:
If Wilson and Fields were there at 3 I think the 49ers would select Fields

I really cant envision any real scenario where both are available at 3. Thats why I was questioning Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 about his post. Either Wilson is gone at 2 which leaves us Fields, or Fields goes 2nd and that leaves us with Wilson as the obvious pick.

Back
Top Bottom