:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I think about it like this, to add that extra dimension will be beneficial in multiple facets. It's one more thing a defense has to look out for, you take away a defender that might have to spy Fields, you can have multiple running options to keep defenses guessing, corners may have secondary assignments to watch Fields, etc., Etc..

A QB with the ability to run can be a game-changer as far as offensive schemes and gameplans.
I get it, but how many years have we said "the game is changing" at the QB position. Heck we were saying this back when Steve Young and Randall Cunningham were playing.

We were saying that when Kaepernick was around in 2012.

QBs who have that "extra dimension" have been drafted for years yet the fact still remains, only 2 SB winning QBs since '95 who possess that "extra dimension. "

Even to this day, the best QBs in the game who WIN IT ALL are likely to be QBs who still play the game in the pocket

Until guys like Jackson, Allen, Murray, and even Russ Wilson (who only won it all imo because of Seattle's D) win Super Bowls consistently, then IMHO the QB game remains the same.

Which is why Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Flacco, Foles, Mahomes, et al are the ones who have been taking home the trophy the last 10-15 years

This man watched Kyler and Russ eat us up with his legs two times a year and this is the conclusion he came to
Did Sea or Arizona win it all?

Had we been healthy 100% and had we had a playoff caliber Defense that was 100% healthy with Brady or Rodgers or Mahomes at QB, you think Sea or AZ beats up on us 2x a year?

Does Sea beat up on the Goff-led Rams 2x a year? Of course not. Seahawks historically struggle against the Rams and they never had a running QB.

And regarding Kyler, he's good, he's talented, but aint no way he going to put an entire franchise on his shoulder like Brady, Mahomes, or Rodgers and win titles.

I'm not sold on these so-called athletic running QBs who can do it all because most of them don't have it between the ears if you know what I mean.

Did Sea or Arizona win it all?

Had we been healthy 100% and had we had a playoff caliber Defense that was 100% healthy with Brady or Rodgers or Mahomes at QB, you think Sea or AZ beats up on us 2x a year?

Does Sea beat up on the Goff-led Rams 2x a year? Of course not. Seahawks historically struggle against the Rams and they never had a running QB.

And regarding Kyler, he's good, he's talented, but aint no way he going to put an entire franchise on his shoulder like Brady, Mahomes, or Rodgers and win titles.

I'm not sold on these so-called athletic running QBs who can do it all because most of them don't have it between the ears if you know what I mean.

yes Seattle has won it all. I stopped reading there

yes Seattle has won it all. I stopped reading there
Yeah they won it all a long time ago. You deflecting now. Like I said, 2 running QBs won SB's since '95. How's that for a game changer lol

Btw, when Sea won the SB, they beat up on us while we had a running QB
How did that extra dimension fare for SF when the games mattered most?

Sea won it all cause Kaepernick choked in the NFC title game at Sea, period.

Is the goal to win it all or make the playoffs?!

Yeah they won it all a long time ago. You deflecting now. Like I said, 2 running QBs won SB's since '95. How's that for a game changer lol

I think you’re missing the point. We don’t want a running quarterback. We want an athletic quarterback who will be able to sit in the pocket, make reads, and throw. By your logic, only statues can win lol.

Kaep also threw the ball for ****. You seem to hold the fact that Tom Brady pretty much won half the superbowls in the last two decades as some definitive proof that QBs who can run AND throw can’t work when one of the players mentioned actually won multiple Super Bowls. Mahomes can run AND throw. He won a Super Bowl against us.

Justin Fields is not a running quarterback. He is a quarterback who can also run. The fact that you think he is just a running QB is laughable

I think you’re missing the point. We don’t want a running quarterback. We want an athletic quarterback who will be able to sit in the pocket, make reads, and throw. By your logic, only statues can win lol.

This, all of this. Lance and Fields both throw the ball well in addition to being able to run. It’s an added dimension that someone like Mac isn’t going to bring and they both have better arm talent.

I’m telling you, man... Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 got his heart set on Zach Wilson so bad he’s throwing any **** he can against the wall, hoping it sticks.

I knew he was being disingenuous when he used the national championship game as a knock against fields but ignored the lack of competition Wilson played against and his stats against good teams. Ignoring the game against Clemson where dude had like 6 tds and 400 yards was a master class in ******** too

I get the point. And my point is Fields and Lance ain't it.

For all the extra dimensions Fields has, he surely played like a statue against Alabama, which is the closest competition to the NFL as far as defensive speed he has faced.

I get the point. And my point is Fields and Lance ain't it.

For all the extra dimensions Fields has, he surely played like a statue against Alabama, which is the closest competition to the NFL as far as defensive speed he has faced.

How did he do against Clemson?

Better not take Wilson either because the dude only had 200 yards, one touchdown, and one int against the world beater Coastal Carolina

93E4285B-47AB-4D40-B421-2D4C9650360D.jpeg

Kaep also threw the ball for ****. You seem to hold the fact that Tom Brady pretty much won half the superbowls in the last two decades as some definitive proof that QBs who can run AND throw can’t work when one of the players mentioned actually won multiple Super Bowls. Mahomes can run AND throw. He won a Super Bowl against us.

Justin Fields is not a running quarterback. He is a quarterback who can also run. The fact that you think he is just a running QB is laughable
Where did I say I think Fields is "just a running QB?"

Yeah Firlds can throw, but when Fields is outed against a defense resembling an NFL type D, what did he do in the clutch?

Put up 150 something yards and threw 1 TD and got blown out. In the National Championship Game. After beating Clemson and looking like the best QB in football.

You want another performance like that from Fields in the Super Bowl?

Mind you, Zach Wilson can run and scramble too. The big difference between Wilson and Fields IMHO is Wilson sees the field and reads thr defense a lot better than Fields

Where did I say I think Fields is "just a running QB?"

Yeah Firlds can throw, but when Fields is outed against a defense resembling an NFL type D, what did he do in the clutch?

Put up 150 something yards and threw 1 TD and got blown out. In the National Championship Game. After beating Clemson and looking like the best QB in football.

You want another performance like that from Fields in the Super Bowl?

Mind you, Zach Wilson can run and scramble too. The big difference between Wilson and Fields IMHO is Wilson sees the field and reads thr defense a lot better than Fields

dO YoU wAnT a RePeAT oF ThE NaTiOnAl TiTle GaMe?????
9271B96D-C3B4-405A-A21B-F10277F70D80.jpeg

LOL, nice try

Too bad I cant trade Wilson for Fields to see what Zach can do with Justin's offense

Too bad we can’t trade Fields for Wilson to see what he did with that competition that Wilson played against.

but it makes sense to hang the national championship against fields and ignore all the other garbage games Wilson had against legit competition.

It’s pretty clear you watched a single game last year and used that to form your opinion of the dude. Fields has been the number two rated prospect in this class since high school and the only thing that has changed that is Wilson having a single good year against piss competition

Ok let's play that game....

How did Fields do in the National Championship? Why then isn't Jacksonville drafting Fields instead of Lawrence since he had such a huge game vs Clemson?

how did Lawrence do in the national championship?

why is everyone talking about him at number 1 when he played like **** against OSU and put up a bunch of garbage time yards?

Maybe it’s because you don’t judge a career on a single game

But fields gets knocked for playing legit defenses his entire career while Wilson gets a bump for playing a bunch of borderline DII teams

So? The change in QB style and play has changed drastically in the past 3-4 years. It’s going to continue to evolve. Best for us to get ahead of it.
What you're saying now, was being said 10 years ago, even 20 years ago

If the game is ever so changing at the QB position, why then did Tampa win it all? And why then did SF have Mahomes down 21-10 in the 4th until Jimmy choked? Imagine this, would we be talking bout drafting a "extra dimension QB" had we won against KC?

What you're saying now, was being said 10 years ago, even 20 years ago

If the game is ever so changing at the QB position, why then did Tampa win it all? And why then did SF have Mahomes down 21-10 in the 4th until Jimmy choked? Imagine this, would we be talking bout drafting a "extra dimension QB" had we won against KC?

Did we get to the superbowl because of Jimmy? Last I checked he was throwing for less yards than Mostert ran for

Back
Top Bottom