:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me, Shanny is safe but Lynch on the hot seat. If he ****s up another draft he should go back to the booth.

No one should be on the hot seat. Imagine KC without Mahomes x Hunt, Saints without Brees x Kamara. Etc

I like Shanny and think he’s a good coach. Lynch on the other hand has been a D+ GM so far. This draft he needs to hit a couple home runs or he’s gonna end up costing Kyle his job I’m afraid which would be a bad move.

I know lynch goofed not taking or signing an edge. But to say he’s a terrible GM is kinda much. Look at last years draft. We nailed every pick almost. Sure a few mistakes here and there but I’d give lynch another year before I cast my full judgement

Ppl blaming the coaching and FO but really it’s the players.

Half of niner nation calling for new DC, it’s not Saleh fault when players consistently miss tackles or that Colbert, Witherspoon, and Ward completely blew coverage assignments.

It’s Not John Lynch’s fault that Ward, Garnett, and Armstead are first round busts, Balke drafted them alongside Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly. Solomon Thomas I put on thin ice but give 1 more year before judgement.

Kyle Shanahan had a couple play calls I thought were goofy (basically no QB sneaks or FB runs on 3rd & short, 4th & short, throwing it twice in a row on the 1 yard line) but otherwise called a fine game. Not his fault the WRs/TE have deflected catches into the hands of DBs for INTs for 3 games straight.

Some of it on CJ too, no surprise mr deer in the headlights, slow to read CJ Beathard got sacked so many times, and, no surprise, he lost the ball on 3 of them. His reads, his release, and willingness to take a hit to try to extend a play are becoming a constant liability.

But it’s also not his fault the WRs can’t seem to get open for more than a millisecond a play.

A lot of blame to go around but I put the bulk firmly on the players for this season so far. The opportunities have been there we just haven’t been good enough or even aware enough to seize them, instead we squander easy wins like this vs a Rook QB in his first road start.

Ppl blaming the coaching and FO but really it’s the players.

Half of niner nation calling for new DC, it’s not Saleh fault when players consistently miss tackles or that Colbert, Witherspoon, and Ward completely blew coverage assignments.

It’s Not John Lynch’s fault that Ward, Garnett, and Armstead are first round busts, Balke drafted them alongside Harbaugh, Tomsula, and Kelly. Solomon Thomas I put on thin ice but give 1 more year before judgement.

Kyle Shanahan had a couple play calls I thought were goofy (basically no QB sneaks or FB runs on 3rd & short, 4th & short, throwing it twice in a row on the 1 yard line) but otherwise called a fine game. Not his fault the WRs/TE have deflected catches into the hands of DBs for INTs for 3 games straight.

Some of it on CJ too, no surprise mr deer in the headlights, slow to read CJ Beathard got sacked so many times, and, no surprise, he lost the ball on 3 of them. His reads, his release, and willingness to take a hit to try to extend a play are becoming a constant liability.

But it’s also not his fault the WRs can’t seem to get open for more than a millisecond a play.

A lot of blame to go around but I put the bulk firmly on the players for this season so far. The opportunities have been there we just haven’t been good enough or even aware enough to seize them, instead we squander easy wins like this vs a Rook QB in his first road start.

I hear you to an extent, but it is the fault of the front office/coaches for failing to bring in the players who will help this team win.

We moved up to draft CJ Beathard in the 3rd round.

We moved up to draft Pettis in the 2nd round when the overwhelming majority of draft boards had his as a round 3 or 4 guy.

We chose to not draft an edge rusher because (paraphrasing) "he probably wouldnt be better than Cassius Marsh."

While the players are playing poorly, there absolutely is fault with the coaches and front office. I am starting to seriously doubt our player evaluation ability. And that is a HUGE problem.

I want to see Nick Mullens get a chance. It can't get worse than SlowJ Beathard.

He is who he is, he's not getting any better no matter the time with the team/offense ETC. He's a career 3rd string QB.

CJ might be a deer in the headlights right now but im not ready to shut the window on him. His ball placement has been better than Jimmy’s at times, he has shown a willingness to throw deep, and he’s not throwing into double and triple coverage constantly. Yesterday, if wrs hold onto his passes, particularly garcon, the narrative on cj would have shifted this morning. At least two or three interceptions have been on wrs dropping/deflecting easy passes. I cant, however, overlook those fumbles. He’s developed very little pocket awarenss.

Cj’s barely played a full season if you consider how late into last season he started playing and how quickly he got benched for jimmy

I know lynch goofed not taking or signing an edge. But to say he’s a terrible GM is kinda much. Look at last years draft. We nailed every pick almost. Sure a few mistakes here and there but I’d give lynch another year before I cast my full judgement

Not saying Lynch is terrible but the first 2 offseasons were not great and that was my current grade. He’s got another offseason with another very high draft choice to turn it around tho which I believe he can. But thus far in his 2 drafts only Reuben Foster looks like he might have “impact” player potential, and this team is starved for them.

Solomon to this point is a complete bust, and DL players usually produce early if they have “it”. We knew Buckner was a monster right away, and we knew Armstead was trash right away.

Kittle in the 5th looks like his best overall pick which was a great get, and hopefully Warner turns into an above average LB. The rest of his picks just look like a bunch of guys so far.

CJ might be a deer in the headlights right now but im not ready to shut the window on him. His ball placement has been better than Jimmy’s at times, he has shown a willingness to throw deep, and he’s not throwing into double and triple coverage constantly. Yesterday, if wrs hold onto his passes, particularly garcon, the narrative on cj would have shifted this morning. At least two or three interceptions have been on wrs dropping/deflecting easy passes. I cant, however, overlook those fumbles. He’s developed very little pocket awarenss.

Cj’s barely played a full season if you consider how late into last season he started playing and how quickly he got benched for jimmy

Great post. Agreed.

Not saying Lynch is terrible but the first 2 offseasons were not great and that was my current grade. He’s got another offseason with another very high draft choice to turn it around tho which I believe he can. But thus far in his 2 drafts only Reuben Foster looks like he might have “impact” player potential, and this team is starved for them.

Solomon to this point is a complete bust, and DL players usually produce early if they have “it”. We knew Buckner was a monster right away, and we knew Armstead was trash right away.

Kittle in the 5th looks like his best overall pick which was a great get, and hopefully Warner turns into an above average LB. The rest of his picks just look like a bunch of guys so far.
Bro Rueban Foster looks like only player in 2 drafts??? Come on man that is so short sighted not gonna entertain this garbage.

I think Warner, although with flaws, will be a player for us in the future.

Kittle has been one of the best tight ends this year. Breida was damn near leading the NFL in rushing before he got hurt. Foster, Warner, and McGlinchey all look like they will be pretty good. Pettis looks like a damn good route runner and rookie WRs are rarely amazing their first year. Colbert looks like a late round steal. Trent Taylor is going to be a solid slot receiver for awhile.

The only real frustrating players they drafted were Witherspoon and Solly and its too soon to give up on either. Joe Williams was obviously a bad pick, but you cant expect every player to pan out.

People need to chill a little bit. We caught a bad string of injuries and need to improve on the defensive side of the ball. Load up on defensive players and shell out some cash for some wide receivers. I'd be down to take a flyer on Golden Tate or Geranimo Allison

Last edited:
It’s going to be a long season my fellow “Faithful”.I will ride with the niners until I’m too old to realize what I’m watching.I bought my jimmy g jersey before the season which was my first since my Rice jersey in elementary school.I believe the team is headed in the right direction.Injuries have killed us the past two seasons.The only negative thing about our team is Jed,he can go to hell for all I care.

Back
Top Bottom