:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Red you don't think #2 for CM is a reach?
not with this guy manning the sticks 
grin.gif

I am not sure I can think of a better offensive mind in the nfl to maximize everything CM is capable of. maybe the hoodie and josh mcdaniels.

juice and CM in a backfield is so much headache for DCs. 
devil.gif

Last edited:
this play is a perfect example of what shanny is capable of.

it's a flood concept, which is a common cover 3 beater. shanny put his own twist on the play, and had the running back run the corner route out of the backfield. that route tevin coleman runs is always by a WR...seattle never saw that **** coming. it completely blew up their left deep third and left tevin coleman wide-******* open. you insert mccaffrey, and shanny's creativity goes to a whole new level.

giphy.gif

Maybe trade our 1st to move back and get an extra 2nd rounder and still take CM and use the two 2nds on Watson and Engram? :nerd:

:wow: before zeke if was rare for RBs to go in the first. And if they did they were busts while a lot of RBs going outside of the first had much more success. Seeing 3 could potentially go in the first and now hearing next years rb class is even better?! :wow: :x

Last edited:
saquon barkley and derrius guice are both early first-round players. 
sick.gif

i would take guice over fournette by mile. i wouldn't even blink given the choice between the two.

Last edited:
Nice 7 round mock I found

Round 1 (2): EDGE/DL Solomon Thomas, Stanford - There isn’t a clear No. 2 pick in this class, meaning the 49ers could do a number of things. Trade out, take a quarterback, etc. Thomas plays a possible cornerstone position in terms of rushing the passer from a variety of alignments. Add in youth and athleticism, and Thomas is very intriguing. The team’s last two first round picks, DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead, might not be able to coexist on the same line in the 49ers scheme, and neither stars as a pass rusher. Plus, the new staff has no connection to either player.

Round 2 (34): QB DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame - This might be the earliest Kizer goes off the board. We have not heard his named mentioned as any team’s favorite, and this is a position where teams identify their guys. I really like Kizer’s ability to weave through pressure while keeping his eyes up.

Round 3 (66): WR ArDarius Stewart, Alabama - I love Stewart’s game. He has big play potential both before and after the catch. Speed, speed, speed on crossers, overs and downfield routes.

Round 4 (109): RB Marlon Mack, USF - Shanahan’s version of Marlon Mack? Mack has big play skills with the ball in his hands in the open field. I trust Shanahan to create those spaces.

Round 4 (143): LB Kendell Beckwith, LSU - The hammer inside. Beckwith played next to a number of athletic linebackers, and could do the same with Bowman and Smith.

Round 5 (146): CB Treston DeCoud, Oregon State - Length on the outside. I’ve seen DeCoud connected with a number of teams, meaning he could go off the board in rounds three or four.

Round 5 (161): DL Stevie Tu’ikolovatu, USC - An older but strong run defending interior presence.

Round 6 (198): T Aviante Collins, TCU - Athletic tackle who is a project. I actually liked Collins after watching him after the Combine.

Round 6 (202): RB Elijah McGuire, Louisiana-Lafayette - Runner and passer. yes, I’m going to keep mocking McGuire to teams because I have #hope.

Round 7 (219): EDGE Darius English, South Carolina - Height, weight, length.

ardarius stewart in the third could be a sneaky good pick.

i like marlon mack, but the guy has a terrible habit of running backwards and putting the football on the ground.

beckwith is a bad fit for this scheme.

no way aviante collins last until the sixth.

Last edited:
My mock draft...
Did a lot of reading from the draft mag I bought before going on my flights from last week ontop of some of my own reading/research online.

1. First round: No. 2 - RB CM
2. Second round: (34 overall) - QB DeShaun Watson
3. Third round: (66 overall) - WR Carlos Henderson
4. Fourth round: (109 overall) - LB Blair Brown
5. Fourth round: (143 overall) - DE Carroll Phillips
6. Fifth round: (146 overall) - CB Treston DeCoud
7. Fifth round: (161 overall) - RB James Connor
8. Sixth round: (186 overall) - OT JJ Dielman
9. Sixth round: (202 overall) - S/LB Nathan Gerry
10. Seventh round: (219 overall) - TE Pharoah Brown

:pimp:

Last edited:
i like carroll philips, but i'd like to grab a premier edge rusher a little earlier. this is why that extra 2nd round pick is so valuable. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing a mock with a scenario where we trade back. It's hard for me to see CM fall out of the top 10

The thought of having our qb rb and WR filled with the first 3 picks.

Mccaffery
Watson
Henderson

:wow: :wow: :wow:

The thought of having our qb rb and WR filled with the first 3 picks.

Mccaffery
Watson
Henderson

:wow: :wow: :wow:

You mean first 2 picks? Henderson is a bonus b [emoji]128514[/emoji]

If we could trade back get and extra 2nd AND still snatch all those players [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji]

Last edited:
 budda baker aint getting enough love in this thread. 
nerd.gif
 one of my favorite players in the draft. he can play that centerfielder role we're looking to fill.

hint hint

Last edited:
I just don't like my DBs shorter than 6 foot. I know earl thomas is shorter than 6 foot but idk man. I love my DBs tall. That 6'4 safety Obi Melifonwu. [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]

instincts, quicks, and speed are most important for that single high role. length is always nice, but lack of it isn't necessarily a detriment here.

budda baker has the heart of a dude twice his size.

btw

earl thomas, ed reed, troy polamalu=5'10"

Last edited:
instincts, quicks, and speed are most important for that single high role. length is always nice, but lack of it isn't necessarily a detriment here.

budda baker has the heart of a dude twice his size.

btw

earl thomas, ed reed, troy polamalu=5'10"
Ronnie Lott, Kam Chancellor, steve Atwater = 6'0>>>>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom