:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As this point I really just want Malik Hooker in the 1st and Evan Engram or Corey Davis in the 2nd and in the 3rd best pass rusher available. take a developmental QB later like Jerod Evans Virginia tech or hate to say it Chad Kelly. If we're really zeroing in on a QB earlier i hope it's Mahomes.

Kizer in the 2nd may be the pick Lynch and Shanny like and there's a ton of value in the pick itself a Franchise QB in the 2nd like Oakland did with David Carr could turn this thing around quickly. But stocking up on weapons before you find the franchise QB seems a little more logical at this point.

alright fellas, here is my official list of favorite prospect at every position for each round in the 2017 NFL draft. Draft slotting is obviously hard to project, but I think they're all pretty sensible slots for each player.

Round 1

QB: Patrick Mahomes

RB: Christian McCaffrey

WR: Corey Davis

OL: Garrett Bolles

TE: OJ Howard

DT: Jonathan Allen

DE: Charles Harris

LB: Jarrad Davis

CB: Marshon Lattimore

S: Malik Hooker

Round 2

QB: Deshone Kizer

RB: Alvin Kamara

WR: Zay Jones

OL: Forrest Lamp

TE: Evan Engram

DT: Caleb Brantley

DE: Carl Lawson

LB: Tyus Bowser

CB: Chidobe Awuzie

S: Budda Baker

Round 3

QB: Brad Kaaya

RB: Kareem Hunt

WR: Carlos Henderson

OL: Dan Feeney

TE: Adam Shaheen

DT: Carlos Watkins

DE: Derek Rivers

LB: Raekwon McMillan

CB: Shaquill Griffin​

S: Justin Evans

Round 4

QB: Nathan Peterman

RB: Jamaal Williams

WR: Taywan Taylor

OL: Danny Isadora

TE: Eric Saubert

DT: Jaleel Johnson

DE: Carroll Philips

LB: Blair Brown

CB: Howard Wilson

S: Xavier Woods

Round 5

QB: Jerod Evans

RB: James Conner

WR: Mack Hollins

OL: Jon Toth

TE: Michael Roberts

DT: Tanzel Smart

DE: Jojo Mathis

LB: Elijah Lee

CB: Jeremy Cutrer

S: Mike Tyson

Round 6

QB: Cooper Rush

RB: Elijah McGuire

WR: Jerome Lane

OL: JJ Dielman

TE: Jonathan Dorsey

DT: Ryan Glasgow

DE: Trey Hendrickson

LB: Steven Taylor

CB: Treston Decoud

S: Zach Edwards

Round 7

QB: Alek Torgersen

RB: Joe Yearby

WR: Austin Carr

OL: Jessamen Dunker

TE: Pharoah Brown

DT: DeAngelo Brown

DE: Keionta Davis

LB: James Onwualu

CB: Brendan Langley

S: Nate Gerry

Last edited:
I basically made the list as if the draft begins at #2 with MG going #1. I also omitted Joe Mixon, who would be my first-round RB.

Check this out this war room simulation ESPN did for us:

Last edited:
I basically made the list as if the draft begins at #2 with MG going #1. I also omitted Joe Mixon, who would be my first-round RB.

crazy. Malik Hooker is my favorite draft prospect (including Myles).

he reminds me so much of Ed Reed. great instincts, decent in run support-but a baller. if we're indeed going to run the man concept Seattle cover 3 this man would be a great addition.

I'd take that extra high 2nd and move down 4 slots truly would be ideal.

Hope that becomes a reality.

Last edited:
A couple rumors i've seen by some credible people on twitter:

-49ers have a high grade on Mitch Trubisky; like Kizer and Peterman later.

-49ers love Fournette but hate the value

-49ers and Washington trade should heat up again

-Chiefs, Texans and Cards love Mahomes

-Many believe Kizer AND Watson will slip to the second

-Corey Davis is no getting no love
 Toledo RB Kareem Hunt has a visit scheduled with San Francisco this week, according to a source. Hunt is the No. 9 RB in his class according to Scouts, Inc and the No. 125 player overall. He rushed for 1,475 yards last season with 10 touchdowns along with 41 receptions for 403 yards.

Michael Rothstein, ESPN Staff Writer

Last edited:
It's a buyer's market this year. Bears and Jets want out, too. 
 Report: 49ers, Bears "most antsy" to trade down in first round

Posted by Josh Alper on April 17, 2017, 6:59 AM EDT

Last year saw each of the first two picks in the draft get traded ahead of the start of the first round, but it doesn't look like we're in store for a repeat of that this year.

If the teams in those slots get their way, however, we could see the second and third picks get traded. Peter King of TheMMQB.com reports that the 49ers, who pick second, and the Bears, who pick third, are among the "most antsy" to trade down in the first round of the draft. The Jets, who pick sixth, join them in that group.

49ers General Manager John Lynch has already said the team is "open for business" and we'd guess the other two teams have sent a similar message even if they haven't made it public. King also reports that the other side of the market hasn't developed as few teams want to move up. Assuming the Browns take Myles Garrett with the first pick, King writes that "there's about 15 other players who could be number two on 32 draft boards" and that likely lessens the pressure felt and the compensation offered by teams trying to get to No. 2.

It only takes one team to shake up that scenario, of course, and that's especially true if someone falls in love with a quarterback that they want to ensure winds up on their roster on April 27.

Last edited:
I seen many rumors linking Mahomes to the Cards at 12th. If no one trades up I believe McCaffery will be the first RB chosen.

Also with the rumor that several teams are trying to trade down the less the possibility its the niners.

If Corey Davis makes it to the 34th pick that will be an absolute mistake among all the NFL. He would be pick of the draft

Wonder why teams are souring on Davis
nerd.gif
Plays in a "weak" conference and didn't do any drills because of his surgery. So dumb lol. Tape shows one of the better players in the entire draft.
How legit is the trade rumor that Carolina wanting to take Fournette at #2 now that we're under 2 weeks from draft day?
If the reports are true, I am sure they've laid out the groundwork for a trade. However, with both the Bears and Jets wanting out as well, it could diminish the value of what the Panthers are offering. 
mean.gif
 At this point, that offer of an early second is starting to look better and better.

Last edited:
What ya'll think about this Garry Gillam joog manuever? 

We just signing him to learn the signal calls and cut him or actually gonna put him to work? 

Notice to trent brown: drop some god damn lbs.

you can't be 360 lbs in an outside zone scheme. you just can't. that said, TB is a much better player than gilliam.

Last edited:
Curtis Samuel should defintely be talked about as a 2nd round option for us.

Dude is gifted. Defintely Ohio states preferred option when they needed a play.

i like samuel. 

took a quick peek at next year's RB class

dear lord
sick.gif

Last edited:
It has started. PFF's latest mock has CM going to the niners with the 2nd pick.

"McCaffrey is arguably the best offensive player in the draft class, and pairing his versatility with a creative offensive mind like Kyle Shanahan is too much to pass up. Historically speaking, the tree that Kyle Shanahan and Bobby Turner come from would prefer to find a RB late and have Turner mold him, but this is an exception, as McCaffrey is more than just a running back — he can also play the wide receiver position just as well as a true WR. McCaffrey becomes a deadly open-field runner after the catch, and forced 21 missed tackles as a receiver on 38 receptions in 2016. He is a four-down player, as he can make a nice punt return and then stay on the field with the offense for all three-downs, play multiple positions, and be a mismatch player in the passing game. The return on investment with this selection would be high."

On another note the schedule gets released this week. Hope and pray no damn Monday night game to start of the season. Last season the niners go screwed over cause of that.

"McCaffrey is arguably the best offensive player in the draft class, and pairing his versatility with a creative offensive mind like Kyle Shanahan is too much to pass up. Historically speaking, the tree that Kyle Shanahan and Bobby Turner come from would prefer to find a RB late and have Turner mold him, but this is an exception, as McCaffrey is more than just a running back — he can also play the wide receiver position just as well as a true WR. McCaffrey becomes a deadly open-field runner after the catch, and forced 21 missed tackles as a receiver on 38 receptions in 2016. He is a four-down player, as he can make a nice punt return and then stay on the field with the offense for all three-downs, play multiple positions, and be a mismatch player in the passing game. The return on investment with this selection would be high."

I would hope that the return on a 2nd pick is high

I think this is our target after a trade back.
devil.gif
 but i wouldn't rule him out at 2, either.

speaking of a trade back, my final mock is done, but it is predicated on a trade back. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom