:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you could choose one player from that group above, who do you select?

just one. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
i love you ronnie, but i am taking ed reed. 
tired.gif

it's close between those two, tho. 
grin.gif

Last edited:
we need some hooker in this *****.

nerd.gif

i hope lynch and shanny put his love for football to the test. 

Last edited:
Since we're on the topic of safeties.

Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams

Who you got red? People are comparing hooker to ed reed and Adams to Polamalu. :nerd: :nerd:

hooker. his combo of range, instincts, and ball skills is incredibly rare.

adams is a great player, tho. i could see why teams would like him. i love his demeanor. 

Solomon Thomas
Malik Hooker
Christian Mccaffery

Only players im ok with the #2 pick. Just recently I'm seeing CM as a top 10 pick. I feel any of these 3 will be that difference maker. With the new defense you need a LEO = Thomas. With the new defense you need a difference maker/leader that can get the offense the ball back = hooker

With Kyle shanahans offensive mind. Having a Swiss Army knife like CM is just SOOOO JUICY.

Last edited:
agreed. i think we're going to go heavy on the D in this draft. most of the talent in this draft is on that side of the ball.

I know Garrett is an ABSOLUTE STUD. But after all the reading/research/getting my red on. I'm actually OK with the 2nd overall pick.

Hope niners use it on one of those 3. If we can still trade out of the 2nd overall and stay in the top 10 and still grab a 2nd rounder I feel we can lock up CM. If we trade with let's say the jets and fall back to the 6th overall. We can still get Solomon Thomas and have an outside chance of getting hooker.

Best case scenario. Browns doin browns things and pass on Garrett! :nerd:

**** man!!! I can't wait for this damn draft!!!!

Last edited:
Eric Edholm‏ @Eric_Edholm

#49ers meeting with UConn DB Obi Melifonwu today, per source.

New defensive coordinator Robert Saleh came from SEA, could seek that size DB
3:32 PM · Apr 18, 2017 from Deer Park, IL
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/obi-melifonwu?id=2558189

ALOT of mock drafters love Obi for our new system if we pass on hooker and Adams.

What's interesting is Mayock kept talking about how Obi could and should actually play corner instead of safety in our new scheme. That's very intriguing.

Last edited:
I like foreman a lot more in a downhill power scheme, or a scheme that is heavy inside zone. He's got a pretty stiff lower body.

dear football jesus, 

please let there be no truth to the rumors linking leonard fournette to us, and make it all a smokescreen.

we've suffered enough.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Maybe we should just take Trubisky and force a Eli Manning type situation the way the chargers did. Chargers got a pretty good haul of picks in that deal to move back to 4.

with the number of teams wanting to trade out, i wonder if the browns are feeling pressured to jump up to our spot. even if they move up to 3(bears) or 6(jets), they're risking having someone else jump them.

devil.gif

Last edited:
Let the rumors keep heating up. If Browns want trubisky aint no way there gonna get him if they dont use the first. Please let there he more smoke on the Niners absolutely loving trubisky to get the browns to bite

seeing a ton of rumors on twitter that mccaffrey won't make it past the panthers at 8. 
nerd.gif

aGV9XBG_460sa_v1.gif

cut so hard you make three dudes collide 
sick.gif

giphy.gif

i was watching jodan willis tape, and i ended up cutting up a clip for c-mac 
laugh.gif

giphy.gif

mccaffrey has amazing feet but even better vision. his feet and eyes work in harmony to perfection.

[emoji]128064[/emoji] 

roll.gif

not even fair for a DC to put a LB on him. it's too easy for CM.

Last edited:
i just noticed that we didn't bring in evan engram or corey davis for a visit. i am pretty damn confident kyle has to like engram. he and his father drafted jordan reed, who is pretty damn similar to evan engram. no malik hooker, no solomon thomas. i know shanny and lynch both know him on a personal level, but they didn't bring in mccaffrey, either.

how many of these visits are smoke screens? 
nerd.gif

[h2]49ers Pre-Draft Visits[/h2]
S Jamal Adams, LSU (NFL Network)
DE Jonathan Allen, Alabama (Apr 13, NFL Network)
S Budda Baker, Washington (Apr 11, NFL Network)
LB Jonathan Calvin, Mississippi State (Draft Analyst)
RB Dalvin Cook, Florida State (Apr 5, NBCS Bay Area)
G Dion Dawkins, Temple (Sacramento Bee)
LB Reuben Foster, Alabama (Mar 17, ESPN)
RB Leonard Fournette, LSU (Apr 19, NBCS Bay Area)
DE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M (Houston Chronicle)
RB Kareem Hunt, Toledo (Apr 18, Draft Analyst, ESPN)
TE George Kittle, Iowa (Apr 19, Sacramento Bee)
CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State (Apr 5, NFL Network)
LB Elijah Lee, Kansas State (Draft Diamonds)
S Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut (Apr 19, Sacramento Bee)
S Jabrill Peppers, Michigan (Apr 19, Sacramento Bee)
OT Cam Robinson, Alabama (NFL Network)
G Nico Siragusa, San Diego State (Apr 3, NBCS Bay Area)
CB Teez Tabor, Florida (Apr 19, Sacramento Bee)
QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson (Apr 11, Sacramento Bee)
DE Jordan Willis, Kansas State (Sacramento Bee)
CB Ahkello Witherspoon, Colorado (Apr 11, Niners Wire)
7 days left. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
[h1]COSELL: PITTSBURGH QUARTERBACK PETERMAN FITS 49ERS' SCHEME[/h1]
The best fit for Shanahan's offense after the projected first wave of quarterbacks is Pittsburgh's Nathan Peterman, according to one draft expert. The 49ers have kept their interest in Peterman lowkey. The club conducted a formal interview with Peterman at the NFL scouting combine, a source told NBC Sports Bay Area.

"He can run play-action. He's played under center. He looks like an NFL quarterback," NFL analyst and senior producer of NFL Films Greg Cosell said of Peterman. "Some people are going to say that his arm is not strong enough, and that's valid. It may not be. That's a decision everybody will make on their own. Some guys might say it's strong enough. Others might say it's below the level at which you can be a quality starter. That'll be in the eye of the beholder."

Peterman (6 foot 2 ½, 226 pounds) started his final two seasons at Pittsburgh after transferring from Tennessee. During his final two college seasons while running a pro-style offense, Peterman completed 378 of 619 pass attempts (61.1 percent) for 5,142 yards with 47 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

Cosell compared Peterman to Hoyer, whom he noted, "doesn't have a gun" for a throwing arm. Hoyer is expected to be the 49ers' starting quarterback in 2017. Hoyer and Matt Barkley are the only quarterbacks on the 49ers' roster.

"Kyle's offense starts with the quarterback under center and it's very detailed and precise and there are very few guys in college football who come from those kinds of offenses," Cosell said.

Back
Top Bottom