:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This "thing" is not slipping anywhere [emoji]128514[/emoji]
25217b1fed53199ee0d9bc25d7d93b84.jpg

Mahomes hype train is heating up even more. nfldraftscout has him as first round prospect. Some writers for the bears want them to take Mahomes with the 3rd overall pick.

2nd pi :nerd:

View media item 2387100
After seeing the reddit mock draft post, I decided to try it out. I dont think the website is up to date.

yeah, whoever is writing the algorithms for that website needs to update their **** lol. 

i think mahomes goes top 15. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
 The top five picks in the 2017 draft are starting to come into focus. Myles Garrett, barring something unforeseen happening in the next four weeks, will be the No. 1 overall pick. The San Francisco 49ers are, according to a scouting source with the team, in love with Reuben Foster and Leonard Fournette if Garrett is gone.
Man, I hate both of those at 2. LF is just not that type of prospect to me. He isn't great in pass protection, and he is so awkward and clunky trying to catch a pass. As a runner, he has a good amount of lower body stiffness that prevents him from creating on his own. If you stop him at the line of scrimmage, he has trouble restarting his feet and moving laterally. He also runs very high, so he goes down to arm tackles and trips at the LOS. This guy is a pure power runner. He's like an airplane that needs a clear runway to take off. That's not what you want in a zone RB.

I loved Foster coming into the college season, but the more I watched his tape, the more flaws I noticed. The guy's instincts are inconsistent. He plays more like a player that guesses rather than one who diagnoses and trusts his instincts. He rarely had to take on a block and beat it because of the studs up front. He also has multiple health concerns, and I don't think his style of play is conducive to longevity in the NFL. 

Both of these guys have a fair amount of bustability, IMO.

Last edited:
Panthers come save us and take the 2nd pick. Dont want niether of those. Would rather get Malik or Solomonz

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Is Kyle Shanahan looking for a GUNSLINGER? #49ers head to Texas for Patrick Mahomes' pro day[/h1]
SANTA CLARA -- John Lynch has now seen the top four quarterbacks in the upcoming draft in person.

On Friday the 49ers general manager was at Texas Tech’s pro day to watch quarterback Patrick Mahomes work out. Mahomes may be the most physically gifted of the draft’s top passers, and he had eye-popping numbers – 5,052 passing yards and 41 touchdowns – last season.

Those gaudy statistics, however, must be weighed against the Red Raiders’ spread-style passing attack, which annually creates prolific numbers but not necessarily NFL-caliber quarterbacks.

“I just show them my knowledge for the game,” Mahomes said at the scouting combine earlier in March when asked if he is battling the notion he is merely a product of Texas Tech’s system.

“That’s the only way I can prove it wrong,” he said. “You look back at the system quarterback – a lot of guys didn’t work out. So for me, it’s just going to be about proving those guys wrong, going out there and really showing my knowledge of the game and just competing.”

Like former 49ers starter Colin Kaepernick, Mahomes was a pitcher. He is the son of Pat Mahomes, 46, who pitched for the Minnesota Twins, Boston Red Sox and New York Mets among other major-league teams. Patrick Mahomes and Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer may have the most powerful arms in this year’s draft class.

Mahomes also was good at improvising at Texas Tech, rushing for 212 yards last year and scoring 12 additional touchdowns on the ground.

According to former NFL general manager Charley Casserly, who now works for the NFL Network, some teams rate Mahomes as the best quarterback in this year’s draft.

Lynch and the 49ers met with Mahomes at the combine. Lynch also watched Kizer, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson and North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky throw last week.

mahomes talking about working through the draft process while adjusting his mechanics. if this guy dials it in, the ceiling is special. 

Last edited:
I think he's right to an extent, but to say nothing translates is ******* preposterous. Nobody expects Mahomes to play in his first year. The dude has to sit and learn. 

The only parallels to that crackhead Johnny Manziel is the ability to improvise on the fly. That sandlot style of play. That's where the similarities end. Unlike Johnny, Mahomes can function from the pocket.

Heath Evans needs to lay off the deca and anabol. 

Last edited:
I think he's right to an extent, but to say nothing translates is ******* preposterous. Nobody expects Mahomes to play in his first year. The dude has to sit and learn. 

The only parallels to that crackhead Johnny Manziel is the ability to improvise on the fly. That sandlot style of play. That's where the similarities end. Unlike Johnny, Mahomes can function from the pocket.

Heath Evans needs to lay off the deca and anabol. 
Also I doubt mahomes is an alcoholic woman beater :lol:

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]How The Panthers Can Move To No. 2 Overall[/h1]

April 1st, 2017 at 5:55pm CST  by Dallas Robinson

The latest rumor buzzing around the draft world involves the Panthers considering a trade up to acquire the second overall pick from the 49ers, as Matt Miller of Bleacher Report  indicated yesterday. Carolina would reportedly move up with the intention of selecting either Stanford defensive lineman Solomon Thomas  or LSU running back Leonard Fournette.

But what would such a trade look like? San Francisco, in the midst of a full rebuild, would likely aim to secure more draft wealth, while the Panthers — presumably in win-now mode — are probably willing to part with draft assets. As Bill Barnwell of ESPN.com  wrote earlier this week, Carolina has amassed the seventh-most draft capital in advance of the draft, so the club certainly has resources to utilize if it wants to make an upward leap.

According to Chase Stuart of Football Perspective‘s draft value chart, the Panthers wouldn’t have to sacrifice all that much to move from No. 8 to No. 2. Per Stuart, the gap in the two picks is just 8.8 points of draft value, meaning Carolina’s 40th overall pick (worth 11.1 points) would be more than enough to get a deal done. The No. 64 pick — acquired from the Patriots in the Kony Ealy  trade– is worth 8.1 points, meaning that it would almost be enough to entice the 49ers.

Let’s take a look at a few potential trades in chart form, using Stuart’s values:

That final trade listed involves the 49ers sending the No. 2 overall pick, a early fourth-rounder, and an early seventh-rounder to the Panthers in exchange for No. 8, No. 40, and a early fifth-round pick. The difference in draft value comes out to 0.0, meaning it’s a perfectly fair deal for both sides — at least on paper.

The classic, Jimmy Johnson-devised trade chart, however, assigns a much greater valuation to early first-round picks, so the Panthers would have to trade much more in order to secure the No. 2 selection. In Johnson’s table, the gap between the second and eighth selections is large enough that a combination of the No. 40 and the No. 64 picks (in addition to No. 8) wouldn’t be enough to convince San Francisco to swap choices. Instead, the Panthers would probably have to give up a 2018 first-rounder in order to complete the trade.

A Thomas acquisition, specifically, would be the latest signal that Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman  values the defensive line above all else, as Carolina has already spent early picks on Star LotuleleiKawann Short, and Vernon Butler, and has re-signed Mario AddisonCharles Johnson, and Wes Horton  this offseason. Thomas for his part, ranks as the fourth overall player on Todd McShay of ESPN.com‘s big board.

Fournette, meanwhile, is considered the top running back of the 2017 class, and Panthers head coach Ron Rivera  recently said no draft slot is “too high”  to take a runner. Carolina inked incumbent back Jonathan Stewart  to a one-year extension last week, but Gettleman said that deal won’t preclude the club from selecting a running back early  in this year’s draft.
JIMMY JOHNSON CHART FTW! But I believe this is a year where our 2nd overall pick is significantly less valuable, and the return we can expect is going to be underwhelming compared to what the rams and browns got last year.

i just want an extra day 2 pick. 
mad.gif
 draft is deep in the late 1st, rounds 2 and 3.

Last edited:
There is a rhythm and timing component to Brad Kaaya's game that leads me to believe Kyle is going to like him a lot more than we do lol. 

It doesn't get more fundamentally Shanahan than this play: Flood concept w/ boot action off the outside zone with the little-delayed leaker into the flat. This is a staple in Kyle's playbook.

brownsmisd.gif

This might look simple on the surface, but a lot of quarterbacks, especially those coming out of college, do not feel comfortable turning their backs to a defense--let alone from under center. Not only does Kaaya give his back with ease, but he does a masterful job of selling the boot action by keeping his eyes on the RB until the very last second when he has to turn around. These are the little things that Kyle is going to pick up on.

giphy.gif

Again. He does such a good job with the play fake that he fools the camera man.

giphy.gif

Lol Kaaya is so smooth selling the play action off the stretch run 
laugh.gif

giphy.gif

This is a very difficult throw: Far hash to the boundary. This was a great catch, but the ball placement here is excellent. A lot of quarterbacks under throw this particular pass. He puts it where only his guy can get it. If you get Kaaya in rhythm with timing throws, he's actually pretty good...

giphy.gif

This sequence of plays really frustrates evaluators. Dude shows some promise. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Njoku gets all the praise on this play, but it was Kaaya's commitment to selling the play-action that sprung him loose. look at all the fooled defenders. lol

giphy.gif

big boy throw alert!! hits that back foot, hitch, hitch, and lets it rip into a small window between three defenders. once again, timing and rhythm.

giphy.gif

You can't play in a west coast offense if you can't throw the slant. i love how quick he readies his feet to throw and syncs them up with his eyes. it looks like its blitz 0, so he checks the *alert* route outside the numbers; instead, opts for the gimme slant over the hash. throws a seed to his WR in stride. money$$$.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom