:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who do you see us taking at 8?

Also for the trade to happen I'm gonna need the panthers to include either a 1st or 2nd next year.
a lot more players come into play at 8. you have to start looking at derek barnett, oj howard, corey davis/mike williams, and of course, anyone that slips(ie hooker). i think qb makes sense here, too. 
Use those 2 seconds to move back into the 1st
nerd.gif
good chance you can get back into the 1st round with a 2nd and a 4th. 
nerd.gif
 but that extra 2nd is gold in this draft. there's going to be a slew of starters picked in that round.

Last edited:
that extra second turns into christian mccaffrey, charles harris, evan engram, carl lawson, takk mckinley, tj watt, haason reddick, tyus bowser, etc. 
nerd.gif
 aka an impact player.

baby jarvis landry 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Last edited:

after myles garrett, the top of the draft is weak this year. not enough blue-chip prospects to merit a big return.

i'd gladly move back six spots and grab another second.
I hear you, to an extent.  If a team wants to trade up to #2, then to them there are enough blue-chip prospects to merit a normal return.  The #8 and #40 is not a normal return.  If those two picks are the most picks the Panthers would give us in this draft, we need to ask them for a 2018 pick at least.

they'd be moving up six spots in a weak draft. there is no "normal" return because it's all relative to each individual draft. in the 2013 draft, the dolphins moved up from twelve to three by only giving up a second round pick(no 42).

the top of that draft was terrible then and looks even worse now. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
You are nitpicking one example to make your point.  I totally hear you.  It is obvious this draft class is not top heavy and there is really only one marquee name.  But a team apparently wants to move up to 2.  We have the negotiating power here.  If a team wants to badly move up to 2, then we need to ask for a more normal return.  

i just hope we're not leaving an extra second-round pick on the table because we stood pat for a more "normal" return. there's a good chance whoever we take at 2 would be there at 8.

Last edited:

i just hope we're not leaving an extra second-round pick on the table because we stood pat for a more "normal" return. there's a good chance whoever we take at 2 would be there at 8.
Which is definitely a fair concern.  All I am saying is if a team has the desire to move up, we are the ones who hold all the cards....and they should be the ones who concede, not us.  

i agree with that. i would press the issue until the final second, but i am willing to concede if the panthers ultimately refuse to budge from their offer. i'd rather walk away with that extra second than nothing at all.

it's going to be a very precarious situation down to the wire. i don't think lynch should finalize a trade until the browns have turned in their selection.

Last edited:
im all for that, but i also want/hope/think the Browns do Browns things like usual and not take Myles #1

Imagine Shanny with Juszczyk, McCaffrey and Engram. 
sick.gif
nerd.gif
I am trying to imagine having a reliable TE.  Seems to be a great TE draft from everything I have heard and read.  Its a shame Baalke left us with one last gift when he inexplicably re-signed Vance on his way out the door.  

Would love a Bucky Hodges later in the draft, but I dont know that I see us investing a pick in another TE.  We seem to have a bunch on the roster already.

If Corey Davis is somehow still available in the second round and we end up nabbing Hooker, Davis, and Peterman in the first three rounds, I will for sure be buying tickets to a couple games this year.

If Corey Davis is somehow still available in the second round and we end up nabbing Hooker, Davis, and Peterman in the first three rounds, I will for sure be buying tickets to a couple games this year.
Doubtful but we can hope lol

I cant see Davis making it out of the top 20 and that's being generous.

Jamaal Williams and Joe williams? :x got to see both play a lot of games throughout their collegiate careers. I would love it

lol

albeit much of a reach, that's a proper mock. 
grin.gif
 tarell basham in the fourth is a god damn GEM. i graded him as a top 10 edge rusher in this draft. i think he could be there due to the depth. gritty dude. high-motor edge rusher with twitch off the line and strength at the point of attack. at 6'4", 269 lbs w/ impressive 34 1/4" arm length, he definitely looks the part.

isaiah ford in the fifth is a little ridiculous lol. i think he'll be long gone by then.

anzalone is an excellent player. the question is can he stay healthy???

i'm not touching joe williams. i can't **** with any player that quit. the same issue that gives me pause with hooker...

Last edited:
Wait....are there really reports that Davis could fall out of the first round?  I find that ridiculous.

49ers hosted jordan willis on wednesday. he's a tall, high-cut dude with great get off. his motor stands out. 

the guy blew the doors off the combine. he posted ELITE numbers in nearly every category. 4.53 40, 39" vert, 6.85 3-cone, 4.28 short shuttle...we're talking within the realm of a von miller, khalil mack results here, people. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
 those are the results of an explosive, pliable athlete.

his 10-yard split, which i consider one of the most important measurables for edge rushers, was mind blowing. at a blistering time of 1.54, i believe his time puts him as 4th best 10yd split for edge rushers since they started tracking these.
sick.gif
 comparatively, the top 10yd split for an edge rusher is cliff avril at 1.50.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom